Thanksgiving

football or turkey is not the spirit of Thanksgiving giving thanks to God is.

Nothing worse than you whiny religious fucks ruining Thanksgiving for the rest of us

Leave our holiday alone

By religious I assume your saying my religion is historical facts, with that I agree.
Thanksgiving is not your holiday if it's not used to give thanks to God, after all that's what it's historical creation was made for.

Did the Indians give thanks to Jesus?

Nothing worse than you whiny religious fucks ruining Thanksgiving for the rest of us

Leave our holiday alone

By religious I assume your saying my religion is historical facts, with that I agree.
Thanksgiving is not your holiday if it's not used to give thanks to God, after all that's what it's historical creation was made for.

Jesus comes in many forms to many different people.

For the Indians, Jesus came in the form of small-pox blankets.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmFfTJlIvhQ&feature=relmfu]A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving - Opening - YouTube[/ame]

I like Thanksgiving. I baked my traditional double batch of dinner rolls yesterday.

Leave our holiday alone

The Early Colonists’ Thanksgiving
Virginia decreed that the day of their arrival “shall be yearly and perpetually kept holy as a day of thanksgiving to Almighty God.”*

The Meaning of Thanksgiving | What So Proudly We Hail

By the President of the United States of America
A Proclamation
Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor;

George Washington: Proclamation - Day of National Thanksgiving

you first say that the federal government is christian... therefor makes christian holidays by proclamation....

and when it does not suit your argument... you bail

total fail.

you first say that the federal government is christian
It's a lie unless you can show the actual post where I said that?
You're twisting what I said about the government fucking the Indians and not Christians into a lie I never said, stop it.

i am not twisting anything..... deal with it.

Yes you did.

Virginia decreed that the day of their arrival “shall be yearly and perpetually kept holy as a day of thanksgiving to Almighty God.”*

A Proclamation
Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor;

Still no mention of Football...........FAIL

Next, you will tell us that Christmas is not Santas birthday

Christmas is the birthday of the unconquered sun.

That's sun ladies and gentlemen, not son.

OK atheist put your money where your belief is. on thanksgiving day do not take off that Christian holiday with pay. After all Thanksgiving is giving thanks that thing you ridicule christian's about.

thanksgiving is a Christian holiday?

LMAO!

Next thing you know Haloween will be a Christian holliday.

:D

I am aware of your links and the history that is just what you lefties want; paternalism and babying from government so much so that you need to have a religious day set aside to be told to worship and be thankful. Wonders will never cease, apparatchik.

Excuse me but I hate obama don't care to protect faggots marrying each other pro life abortion is murder so how am I a leftie again? How exactly does that go?

Well it is kind of god based, the "Almighty Dollar".....FDR changed the date of Thanksgiving due to commerce.

"For 75 years after Lincoln issued his Thanksgiving Proclamation, succeeding presidents honored the tradition and annually issued their own Thanksgiving Proclamation, declaring the last Thursday in November as the day of Thanksgiving. However, in 1939, President Franklin D. Roosevelt did not. In 1939, the last Thursday of November was going to be November 30. Retailers complained to FDR that this only left 24 shopping days to Christmas and begged him to push Thanksgiving just one week earlier. It was determined that most people do their Christmas shopping after Thanksgiving and retailers hoped that with an extra week of shopping, people would buy more.

So when FDR announced his Thanksgiving Proclamation in 1939, he declared the date of Thanksgiving to be Thursday, November 23, the second-to-last Thursday of the month.

History of Thanksgiving - How Franklin D. Roosevelt Changed the Date

A Proclamation

You constantly contradict yourself. Your words express a conservative view, but, your actions are that of a practicing lefty who needs the government to tell him when and what to religion to celebrate and when to do so.

However, let's cut to the chase my left wing friend, Congress established Thanksgiving as a legal holiday in the same spirit as it established Labor Day, July 4th, Memorial Day and Veterans Day.....as the resolution describes....

joint-res-l.jpg
No it's dumb ass like you that need to be shown historical facts on certain subjects you hate. Like Thanksgiving was created to give God Thanks and if the Founders supported the day who am I too argue against it? Only modern day liberals do that.

A Proclamation

There's no mention of TV either but most couldn't watch it without a TV so where exactly does TV fit into thanksgiving?

OK atheist put your money where your belief is. on thanksgiving day do not take off that Christian holiday with pay. After all Thanksgiving is giving thanks that thing you ridicule christian's about.

thanksgiving is a Christian holiday?

LMAO!

Next thing you know Haloween will be a Christian holliday.

:D

oh dont think they didnt try an usurp that one too..... they tried and failed with all saints day.

Excuse me but I hate obama don't care to protect faggots marrying each other pro life abortion is murder so how am I a leftie again? How exactly does that go?

A Proclamation

You constantly contradict yourself. Your words express a conservative view, but, your actions are that of a practicing lefty who needs the government to tell him when and what to religion to celebrate and when to do so.

However, let's cut to the chase my left wing friend, Congress established Thanksgiving as a legal holiday in the same spirit as it established Labor Day, July 4th, Memorial Day and Veterans Day.....as the resolution describes....

joint-res-l.jpg
No it's dumb ass like you that need to be shown historical facts on certain subjects you hate. Like Thanksgiving was created to give God Thanks and if the Founders supported the day who am I too argue against it? Only modern day liberals do that.

The President does not have the authority to declare federal holidays and such holidays cannot set aside for religious reason as that runs contrary to the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution. "The establishment clause prohibits the government from passing legislation to establish an official religion or preferring one religion over another. It enforces the "separation of church and state."

The President can declare a national holiday, however, such is not binding upon citizens or governmental offices. Indeed, "there is no requirement that business or government close on these days."

Only Congress has that authority and they have done so by Resolution and it is codified in 5 USC § 6103 - Holidays | LII / Legal Information Institute

You keep reaching and getting yourself in deeper and deeper.

joint-res-l.jpg

The President does not have the authority to declare federal holidays and such holidays cannot set aside for religious reason as that runs contrary to the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution. "The establishment clause prohibits the government from passing legislation to establish an official religion or preferring one religion over another. It enforces the "separation of church and state."

The President can declare a national holiday, however, such is not binding upon citizens or governmental offices. Indeed, "there is no requirement that business or government close on these days."

Only Congress has that authority and they have done so by Resolution and it is codified in 5 USC § 6103 - Holidays | LII / Legal Information Institute

Wow historical facts and Presidential proclamations call you a liar.
Keep digging.

A Proclamation

There's no mention of TV either but most couldn't watch it without a TV so where exactly does TV fit into thanksgiving?

The Pilgrims didn't have TV silly

They had to go to football games in person

Nor did they have football so they did what they would naturally do Give thanks to God for all he did for them. And that is how we got Thanksgiving.

Keep digging.

Your lack of understanding of what was actually expressed is confounding you. "In setting aside a day for Thanksgiving, Washington established a non-sectarian tone for these devotions and stressed political, moral, and intellectual blessings that make self-government possible, in addition to personal and national repentance. Although the First Amendment prevents Congress from establishing a religion or prohibiting its free exercise, Presidents, as well as Congress, have always recognized the American regard for sacred practices and beliefs. Thus, throughout American history, Presidents have offered non-sectarian prayers for the victory of the military and in the wake of catastrophes."
Washington

Nor did they have football so they did what they would naturally do Give thanks to God for all he did for them. And that is how we got Thanksgiving.

Of course they had football you moron

They couldnt call it Thanksgiving without football. They of course, did thank god......after every touchdown and two point conversion

Of course they had football you moron

They couldnt call it Thanksgiving without football. They of course, did thank god......after every touchdown and two point conversion

oh you worship at the ass of the Heisman? got it.

Keep digging.

Your lack of understanding of what was actually expressed is confounding you. "In setting aside a day for Thanksgiving, Washington established a non-sectarian tone for these devotions and stressed political, moral, and intellectual blessings that make self-government possible, in addition to personal and national repentance. Although the First Amendment prevents Congress from establishing a religion or prohibiting its free exercise, Presidents, as well as Congress, have always recognized the American regard for sacred practices and beliefs. Thus, throughout American history, Presidents have offered non-sectarian prayers for the victory of the military and in the wake of catastrophes."
Washington

Don't say I lack understanding when you're lying.
Really you stupid fucking son of a bitch you lack the understanding when Washington says this.

A Proclamation

Dumb ass the Washington Proclamation has nothing to do with being secular

Forum List

Back