Thanksgiving

I'm not a Christian but I am thankful to God and I do think the day that was created to give him thanks should be respected as that.

alright.... so since you are NOT a christian... are YOU working and forgoing the pay?
I just said I do give thanks to God or did you miss that part?

Not a christian.... but pray to a god. :lmao:

so again.... its not a christian holiday if that is your take on it.

:lmao:

Thanksgiving day was started because of Christians
Yes I pray to God.

Does not look like it according to some.....

"The "first Thanksgiving" in 1621 has little in common with the modern-day celebration. It began when some colonists at Plymouth went out "fowling," probably for geese and ducks rather than the harder-to-catch turkeys, since they reported they "in one day killed as much as... served the company almost a week." Other items on the menu probably included fish, eels, shellfish, stews, vegetables, and beer.

After the successful hunt, 90 or so Wampanoag made a surprise appearance at the settlement's gate. Although this may have been initially alarming to the colonists, who numbered about 50, the groups socialized peacefully over the next few days. The Wampanoag contributed venison to the feast and joined the Pilgrims for activities like shooting guns, running races and drinking liquor. The end result of the rather disorderly party was a treaty between the two groups that lasted until King Philip's War in 1675."
The Thanksgiving Holiday - ReligionFacts

Yes I pray to God.

"The "first Thanksgiving" in 1621 has little in common with the modern-day celebration. It began when some colonists at Plymouth went out "fowling," probably for geese and ducks rather than the harder-to-catch turkeys, since they reported they "in one day killed as much as... served the company almost a week." Other items on the menu probably included fish, eels, shellfish, stews, vegetables, and beer.

After the successful hunt, 90 or so Wampanoag made a surprise appearance at the settlement's gate. Although this may have been initially alarming to the colonists, who numbered about 50, the groups socialized peacefully over the next few days. The Wampanoag contributed venison to the feast and joined the Pilgrims for activities like shooting guns, running races and drinking liquor. The end result of the rather disorderly party was a treaty between the two groups that lasted until King Philip's War in 1675."
From your source these are the Holidays observed by Christians? No mention of the very day that Christians decided to set aside a day to give God thanks? Fact: Christmas isn't the birthday of Christ. Hows that for facts?
Major holidays:
Advent (Nov. 30 - Dec. 24)
Christmas (Dec. 25)
Epiphany (Jan. 6)
Lent (40-day period prior to Easter)
Good Friday (last Friday before Easter)
Easter (date varies)
All Saint's Day (Nov. 1)

Yes I pray to God.

really... becasue of christians? I would say its becasue of the indians saving their pilgram asses from certian death. Just think.... if they were all dead... no giving thanks to anything.

now.... again.... you claim NOT to be a christian... but pray to a "god" You make my point well... its and AMERICAN holiday, not a chirstian one.

i love your backpedaling. :thup:

Yes I pray to God.

really... becasue of christians? I would say its becasue of the indians saving their pilgram asses from certian death. Just think.... if they were all dead... no giving thanks to anything.

now.... again.... you claim NOT to be a christian... but pray to a "god" You make my point well... its and AMERICAN holiday, not a chirstian one.

You can say all you want but that doesn't make it true.

Yes I pray to God.

just as you can say thanksgiving is a christian holiday...... doesn't make it true.

Yes I pray to God.

From your source these are the Holidays observed by Christians? No mention of the very day that Christians decided to set aside a day to give God thanks? Fact: Christmas isn't the birthday of Christ. Hows that for facts?
Major holidays:
Christmas (Dec. 25)
Epiphany (Jan. 6)
Easter (date varies)
All Saint's Day (Nov. 1)

Point is your position is a contrivance created by some well intentioned, but, misguided governmental personal. How people celebrate or mark that day is entirely personal.

Major holidays:
Christmas (Dec. 25)
Epiphany (Jan. 6)
Easter (date varies)
All Saint's Day (Nov. 1)

Point is your position is a contrivance created by some well intentioned, but, misguided governmental personal. How people celebrate or mark that day is entirely personal.

Some misguided government person? The founders were misguided? How fucking liberal elitist of you to say that. Next you'll say the Constitution is a living breathing document :rolleyes:

just as you can say thanksgiving is a christian holiday...... doesn't make it true.
It was a day set aside to give God thanks, that is a fact.

Major holidays:
Christmas (Dec. 25)
Epiphany (Jan. 6)
Easter (date varies)
All Saint's Day (Nov. 1)

Some misguided government person? The founders were misguided? How fucking liberal elitist of you to say that. Next you'll say the Constitution is a living breathing document :rolleyes:

My left wing friend, the facts are clear. There was a party at a later point it was declared a day to gives thanks to the Almighty. That is clearly a contrivance.

My left wing friend, the facts are clear. There was a party at a later point it was declared a day to gives thanks to the Almighty. That is clearly a contrivance.
Left wing now that's laughable.
Yes Thanksgiving was created for a purpose to thank God. Glad to see through your contrivance that you finally understand.

Yes Thanksgiving was created for a purpose to thank God. Glad to see through your contrivance that you finally understand.

Exactly what you lefties do best, take something out of context in order to delude yourselves, however, it seldom works for long. As previously stated, "the "first Thanksgiving" in 1621 has little in common with the modern-day celebration. It began when some colonists at Plymouth went out "fowling," probably for geese and ducks rather than the harder-to-catch turkeys, since they reported they "in one day killed as much as... served the company almost a week." Other items on the menu probably included fish, eels, shellfish, stews, vegetables, and beer.

After the successful hunt, 90 or so Wampanoag made a surprise appearance at the settlement's gate." Although this may have been initially alarming to the colonists, who numbered about 50, the groups socialized peacefully over the next few days. The Wampanoag contributed venison to the feast and joined the Pilgrims for activities like shooting guns, running races and drinking liquor. The end result of the rather disorderly party was a treaty between the two groups that lasted until King Philip's War in 1675."

All I can say to you is praise God comrade and enjoy your government sponsored religious holiday.

Exactly what you lefties do best, take something out of context in order to delude yourselves, however, it seldom works for long. As previously stated, "the "first Thanksgiving" in 1621 has little in common with the modern-day celebration. It began when some colonists at Plymouth went out "fowling," probably for geese and ducks rather than the harder-to-catch turkeys, since they reported they "in one day killed as much as... served the company almost a week." Other items on the menu probably included fish, eels, shellfish, stews, vegetables, and beer.

After the successful hunt, 90 or so Wampanoag made a surprise appearance at the settlement's gate." Although this may have been initially alarming to the colonists, who numbered about 50, the groups socialized peacefully over the next few days. The Wampanoag contributed venison to the feast and joined the Pilgrims for activities like shooting guns, running races and drinking liquor. The end result of the rather disorderly party was a treaty between the two groups that lasted until King Philip's War in 1675."

All I can say to you is praise God comrade and enjoy your government sponsored religious holiday.

Dude stop it your killing me what you lefties do? :badgrin:
The Early Colonists’ Thanksgiving
Virginia decreed that the day of their arrival “shall be yearly and perpetually kept holy as a day of thanksgiving to Almighty God.”*

The Meaning of Thanksgiving | What So Proudly We Hail

By the President of the United States of America
A Proclamation
Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor;

George Washington: Proclamation - Day of National Thanksgiving

Dude stop it your killing me what you lefties do? :badgrin:
The Early Colonists’ Thanksgiving
Virginia decreed that the day of their arrival “shall be yearly and perpetually kept holy as a day of thanksgiving to Almighty God.”*

By the President of the United States of America
A Proclamation
Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor;

George Washington: Proclamation - Day of National Thanksgiving

I am aware of your links and the history that is just what you lefties want; paternalism and babying from government so much so that you need to have a religious day set aside to be told to worship and be thankful. Wonders will never cease, apparatchik.

Forum List

Back