Thanksgiving

Exactly what you lefties do best, take something out of context in order to delude yourselves, however, it seldom works for long. As previously stated, "the "first Thanksgiving" in 1621 has little in common with the modern-day celebration. It began when some colonists at Plymouth went out "fowling," probably for geese and ducks rather than the harder-to-catch turkeys, since they reported they "in one day killed as much as... served the company almost a week." Other items on the menu probably included fish, eels, shellfish, stews, vegetables, and beer.

After the successful hunt, 90 or so Wampanoag made a surprise appearance at the settlement's gate." Although this may have been initially alarming to the colonists, who numbered about 50, the groups socialized peacefully over the next few days. The Wampanoag contributed venison to the feast and joined the Pilgrims for activities like shooting guns, running races and drinking liquor. The end result of the rather disorderly party was a treaty between the two groups that lasted until King Philip's War in 1675."

All I can say to you is praise God comrade and enjoy your government sponsored religious holiday.

Dude stop it your killing me what you lefties do? :badgrin:
The Early Colonists’ Thanksgiving
Virginia decreed that the day of their arrival “shall be yearly and perpetually kept holy as a day of thanksgiving to Almighty God.”*

The Meaning of Thanksgiving | What So Proudly We Hail

By the President of the United States of America
A Proclamation
Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor;

George Washington: Proclamation - Day of National Thanksgiving

I am aware of your links and the history that is just what you lefties want; paternalism and babying from government so much so that you need to have a religious day set aside to be told to worship and be thankful. Wonders will never cease, apparatchik.

Excuse me but I hate obama don't care to protect faggots marrying each other pro life abortion is murder so how am I a leftie again? How exactly does that go?

just as you can say thanksgiving is a christian holiday...... doesn't make it true.
It was a day set aside to give God thanks, that is a fact.

so again.... you are backing off and backpedaling on your claim that it is a ...... christian.... holiday

gotcha.... thanks for playing.

:thup:
Yes Washington was a Christian Thanksgiving was started by Christians to give thanks to their God.

It was a day set aside to give God thanks, that is a fact.

so again.... you are backing off and backpedaling on your claim that it is a ...... christian.... holiday

Yes Washington was a Christian Thanksgiving was started by Christians to give thanks to their God.

:lmao:

you still don't get it do you...

started by a christian... does not mean.... a christian holiday.

You don't get it started by Christians to give thanks to their God. and Presidents agree.

You don't get it started by Christians to give thanks to their God. and Presidents agree.

really? Their god? I was under the impression that you agreed that which god was not specified. You seem to change your story a lot in this thread. :thup:

Thanksgiving is a national harvest holiday celebrated primarily in North America. In Canada, Thanksgiving Day is celebrated on the second Monday in October. In the United States, it is celebrated on the last Thursday in November and commemorates a meal shared between colonists and Native Americans in 1621.

Although it is rooted in the history of the Pilgrims (who were Christian "Separatists"), the American Thanksgiving is no longer generally considered a religious holiday, but a day to gather with family, eat an astounding amount of food, watch football and parades, and be thankful for the blessings of life.

Christian Holidays - ReligionFacts

really? Their god? I was under the impression that you agreed that which god was not specified. You seem to change your story a lot in this thread. :thup:

Thanksgiving is a national harvest holiday celebrated primarily in North America. In Canada, Thanksgiving Day is celebrated on the second Monday in October. In the United States, it is celebrated on the last Thursday in November and commemorates a meal shared between colonists and Native Americans in 1621.

Although it is rooted in the history of the Pilgrims (who were Christian "Separatists"), the American Thanksgiving is no longer generally considered a religious holiday, but a day to gather with family, eat an astounding amount of food, watch football and parades, and be thankful for the blessings of life.

Christian Holidays - ReligionFacts

The Early Colonists’ Thanksgiving
Virginia decreed that the day of their arrival “shall be yearly and perpetually kept holy as a day of thanksgiving to Almighty God.”*

By the President of the United States of America
A Proclamation
Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor;

George Washington: Proclamation - Day of National Thanksgiving

OK atheist put your money where your belief is. on thanksgiving day do not take off that Christian holiday with pay. After all Thanksgiving is giving thanks that thing you ridicule christian's about.

I thought thanksgiving was all about celebrating the fact that christrians fucked over indians? No?

OK atheist put your money where your belief is. on thanksgiving day do not take off that Christian holiday with pay. After all Thanksgiving is giving thanks that thing you ridicule christian's about.

I thought thanksgiving was all about celebrating the fact that christrians fucked over indians? No?

You do mean the federal government, correct?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=d5pCsFw3OsU&feature=endscreen]Sad Bill Cosby - YouTube[/ame]

Make up your damn mind....

so its the "federal government" when it suits you? You do realize.... the "federal government" ... would be the same "christians" you claim made a "christian" holiday out of thanksgiving.

Make up your damn mind....

so its the "federal government" when it suits you? You do realize.... the "federal government" ... would be the same "christians" you claim made a "christian" holiday out of thanksgiving.

You're acting like a spoiled little liberal who can't have their way,stop it.
The federal government fucked the Indians

Thanksgiving would be a day for thanking God, I suggest you do that.

Thanksgiving is about giving thanks for family and friends in my opinion regardless of what the first thanksgiving was about. Now, the alternate and more important issue in my opinion concerning thanksgiving is the inhumane killing of thousands upon thousands of turkeys so that people can simply stuff their face for an hour or two, but that's a topic for a different day.

Thanksgiving is about giving thanks for family and friends in my opinion regardless of what the first thanksgiving was about. Now, the alternate and more important issue in my opinion concerning thanksgiving is the inhumane killing of thousands upon thousands of turkeys so that people can simply stuff their face for an hour or two, but that's a topic for a different day.

Who are you giving thanks too?

Forum List

Back