Thanksgiving

Gosh, I wonder why Washington and Jefferson missed that when they established the holiday?

Where did the pagans gather in this country to celebrate harvest?

i guess that would be becasue..... it was not an official American holiday.

The American holiday was not put into play until after 20 years of pestering.. and lincoln decided it was a good idea to suggest after the civil war to try an unite the country again.... Thanksgiving day itself, 4th Thursday in November was not set until around the 40's when it was made a legal holiday.

:lmao: ... i am pretty sure the the pilgrims thought the indians were heathens...another name for pagans..... you know co-founders of the original feast.

Being official holiday and having a day set aside to give thanks to God are two totally different subjects. The subject of this thread is the founders the Christians that they were chose to have a date set aside to give thanks to God.

Yep, That's why they felt the need to have Congressional Christian Chaplains.

:lmao:

ya know you really should stop making yourself look like such a fool. Suck it up and admit you are wrong...and got your ass beat in the tread.

I guess that's why the founders voted to have all those theists and deists to be the congressional chaplains
No wait All the Chaplains in the senate have been of the Christian faith
Chaplain of the United States Senate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lets look at the house.
Chaplain of the United States House of Representatives - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nope all of the Christian faith.
Now with all the founders being theists or deists as you have said You would have had at least ONE theists or deists as a Congressional Chaplain in the senate or house.
syrenn you might be ignoring this or may have over looked it.

As a matter of custom Thanksgiving may be a Christian holiday, as a matter of law it is not.

No once again you are sucking wind.

"The House and Senate elect the chaplains as individuals and not as representatives of any religious body or denominational entity." Further, there have been opening prayer services held in the Muslim and Hindu tradition amongst others.

bigrebnc1775, you have been avoiding me so I took the liberty of reposting my material here.

I haven't been avoiding you, because it's irrelevant what you posted Law has nothing to do with the founders picking a day to give thanks to God

Irrelevant because you chose to ignore the entirety of the discussion. Rather you cherry pick information, change your argument and ignore that which is fact then claim nothing else is relevant.

Your argument was based on the following OP:

Pretty much. It's the only Christian holiday that can't be claimed for any other thing but giving Thanks to God.

OK atheist put your money where your belief is. on thanksgiving day do not take off that Christian holiday with pay. After all Thanksgiving is giving thanks that thing you ridicule christian's about.

This is your position and it is plain wrong. There has been ample information to counter your position, yet, you cling to your erroneous and bigoted ideas. You clearly are the turkey on this holiday.

bigrebnc1775, you have been avoiding me so I took the liberty of reposting my material here.

I haven't been avoiding you, because it's irrelevant what you posted Law has nothing to do with the founders picking a day to give thanks to God

Irrelevant because you chose to ignore the entirety of the discussion. Rather you cherry pick information, change your argument and ignore that which is fact then claim nothing else is relevant.

Your argument was based on the following OP:

Pretty much. It's the only Christian holiday that can't be claimed for any other thing but giving Thanks to God.

OK atheist put your money where your belief is. on thanksgiving day do not take off that Christian holiday with pay. After all Thanksgiving is giving thanks that thing you ridicule christian's about.

This is your position and it is plain wrong. There has been ample information to counter your position, yet, you cling to your erroneous and bigoted ideas. You clearly are the turkey on this holiday.

Stop whining
1. The Founders were Christians
2.They picked a day to give thanks to God.
3. Your confusing Holiday with a day set aside to give thanks to God.

:lmao:

ya know you really should stop making yourself look like such a fool. Suck it up and admit you are wrong...and got your ass beat in the tread.

I guess that's why the founders voted to have all those theists and deists to be the congressional chaplains

Lets look at the house.
Chaplain of the United States House of Representatives - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Now with all the founders being theists or deists as you have said You would have had at least ONE theists or deists as a Congressional Chaplain in the senate or house.

Once again you have failed to read the information provided in this thread. Chaplains have been Muslim and Hindu.

"Chaplains are elected as individuals and not as representatives of any religious community, body, or organization. As of 2011, all Senate Chaplains have been Christian but can be members of any religion or faith group. Guest Chaplains, recommended by Senators to deliver the session's opening prayer in place of the Senate Chaplain, have represented "all the world's major religious faiths." Those who have served in such capacity include Warith Deen Mohammed who was Muslim and Rajan Zed who was Hindu.

Lets look at the house.

Once again you have failed to read the information provided in this thread. Chaplains have been Muslim and Hindu.

"Chaplains are elected as individuals and not as representatives of any religious community, body, or organization. As of 2011, all Senate Chaplains have been Christian but can be members of any religion or faith group. Guest Chaplains, recommended by Senators to deliver the session's opening prayer in place of the Senate Chaplain, have represented "all the world's major religious faiths." Those who have served in such capacity include Warith Deen Mohammed who was Muslim and Rajan Zed who was Hindu.
You're failing here.
The founders were men of principles, If there were so many Theist and Deist as Syrenn was suggesting why don't we have at least one Theist or Deist as the Congressional Chaplain? Stop whining.

Again Thanksgiving day was created BY CHRISTIANS to give thanks to God.

Not to burst your bubble..

But Thanksgiving, like Christmas, Easter and Halloween grew out of pagan holidays

No it didn't it was specifically picked to give thanks to God.
Just ask George Washing and the U.S. Congress

so George Washington and the US congress started the first Thanksgiving Day?
Interesting that some like for the government to tell them how to celebrate a holiday.
Nanny state totalitarian govt is loved by the right?

Last edited:

But Thanksgiving, like Christmas, Easter and Halloween grew out of pagan holidays

Interesting that some like for the government to tell them how to celebrate a holiday.

Are there any penalties for not celebrating Thanksgiving? Fines, jail time, anything iike that?

That's one of the stupidest things I've ever read. The stretch may result in inflammation. I suggest motrin for the pain.

You're failing here.
The founders were men of principles, If there were so many Theist and Deist as Syrenn was suggesting why don't we have at least one Theist or Deist as the Congressional Chaplain? Stop whining.

You stated, "No wait All the Chaplains in the senate have been of the Christian faith". You are wrong. Simple as that... I have provided such information in earlier posts which you have ignored. Indeed, citing Chaplains who are not Christian, but, Muslim and Hindu and is contained in your own source material which you have ignored as well....:eusa_whistle:

What denomination were the Native Americans that attended the first Thanks Giving?

They were monotheists with various saints and demons.

You can go back as far into savagery as you want and you will find religion as the starting point of even the most barbaric civilizations.

Last edited:

How is that Nanny State? Are you that far removed from reality? Don't answer. It's a trick question.

Forum List

Back