Thanksgiving

fine... definition of god....

if all three versions of god go...

then its not a "christian" holiday now is it?

Easter is a christian holiday..... by, for, about, revolving around.... christian what ever.

I have never called it a Christian holiday. However the first Thanksgiving does have direct ties to the Christian faith. Monotheism is a separate issue from the fact that Christians and their faith were a part of the first Thanksgiving. I am not sure why we veered off in that direction other than to explain to you that all three major religions do in fact worship God, whether you choose to capitalize the word is irrelevant.

good... becasue its not a christian holiday. :clap2:

and if you think about it... christians were not the only ones part of the first thanksgiving..... i am pretty darn sure the Indians could give a fuck about the baby jesus.... and had a nice few gods of their very own.

but take a look at some in the thread.... they sure think it is a christian holiday.

Where do you come by this active hostility to Christianity? If you believe or not believe whatever that's one thing, but this smells like something personal and bitter.

WEll of course thankgiving is a Christian holiday.

That's why we use those well known Christians symbols the TURKEY AND the PUMPKIN to celebrate that deeply religous Christian holiday.

Then Americans in further celebration of this deeply religious Christian holiday all go the move CHRISITAN FOOTBAll MASS CELEBRATIONS.

:lol:

Only one of the threads of Thanksgiving. Pilgrims don't speak for all Americans any more than the folk harvests and thanksgiving to the earth speak for all Americans.

That has not changed. The doctrines of all three, Christianity, Islam and Judaism all pretty much agree on the definition of God.

God is a Supreme Being, is omnipotent and omniscient and is the creator and ruler of the universe. All consider God the main object of their faith and worship. All three religions also believe that Moses was a prophet for them.

Easter is a christian holiday..... by, for, about, revolving around.... christian what ever.

Again Thanksgiving day was created BY CHRISTIANS to give thanks to God.

That's good for you as a Christian, but not for all Christians or for all Americans. I hope you enjoy the day.

I have never called it a Christian holiday. However the first Thanksgiving does have direct ties to the Christian faith. Monotheism is a separate issue from the fact that Christians and their faith were a part of the first Thanksgiving. I am not sure why we veered off in that direction other than to explain to you that all three major religions do in fact worship God, whether you choose to capitalize the word is irrelevant.

good... becasue its not a christian holiday. :clap2:

and if you think about it... christians were not the only ones part of the first thanksgiving..... i am pretty darn sure the Indians could give a fuck about the baby jesus.... and had a nice few gods of their very own.

but take a look at some in the thread.... they sure think it is a christian holiday.

The Christian roots that were present during the first Thanksgiving are not negated because of the presence of Indians or even non-believers. My faith and my decision to worship does not evaporate around atheists or other faiths. lol

Baby Jesus has nothing to do with the first Thanksgiving Syrenn. :razz:

Some first hand accounting of this time from one who was there.

url]http://www.mayflowerhistory.com/PrimarySources/MourtsRelation.pdf[/url]

Some of the writings from their journals.

That has not changed. The doctrines of all three, Christianity, Islam and Judaism all pretty much agree on the definition of God.

God is a Supreme Being, is omnipotent and omniscient and is the creator and ruler of the universe. All consider God the main object of their faith and worship. All three religions also believe that Moses was a prophet for them.

Not to burst your bubble..

But Thanksgiving, like Christmas, Easter and Halloween grew out of pagan holidays

WEll of course thankgiving is a Christian holiday.

That's why we use those well known Christians symbols the TURKEY AND the PUMPKIN to celebrate that deeply religous Christian holiday.

Then Americans in further celebration of this deeply religious Christian holiday all go the move CHRISITAN FOOTBAll MASS CELEBRATIONS.

:lol:

Which is why they call it thanksgiving. They give thanks to turkey.

Not.

But Thanksgiving, like Christmas, Easter and Halloween grew out of pagan holidays

No, in this country, Thanksgiving was not an offshoot of a pagan festival. It was a day set aside specifically to give thanks to God.

Did pagans also celebrate in the fall? Sure. They also celebrated in the summer, and in the winter, and in the spring. Wow, that means that all our holidays must be attributed to pagans!

People have always held celebrations, big whoop. But it is tiresome how the anti-Christian crowd insists on ruining EVERY SINGLE HOLIDAY with their anti-Christian whine.

No, in this country, Thanksgiving was not an offshoot of a pagan festival. It was a day set aside specifically to give thanks to God.

Did pagans also celebrate in the fall? Sure. They also celebrated in the summer, and in the winter, and in the spring. Wow, that means that all our holidays must be attributed to pagans!

People have always held celebrations, big whoop. But it is tiresome how the anti-Christian crowd insists on ruining EVERY SINGLE HOLIDAY with their anti-Christian whine.

sure... in this country.

thanksgiving is nothing more then a harvest festival... and IS an off shoot of pagan rituals.

easter is not pagan... its christian.

Gosh, I wonder why Washington and Jefferson missed that when they established the holiday?

Where did the pagans gather in this country to celebrate harvest?

As a matter of custom Thanksgiving may be a Christian holiday, as a matter of law it is not.

I guess that's why the founders voted to have all those theists and deists to be the congressional chaplains
No wait All the Chaplains in the senate have been of the Christian faith
Chaplain of the United States Senate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lets look at the house.
Chaplain of the United States House of Representatives - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nope all of the Christian faith.
Now with all the founders being theists or deists as you have said You would have had at least ONE theists or deists as a Congressional Chaplain in the senate or house.

No once again you are sucking wind.

"The House and Senate elect the chaplains as individuals and not as representatives of any religious body or denominational entity." Further, there have been opening prayer services held in the Muslim and Hindu tradition amongst others.

bigrebnc1775, you have been avoiding me so I took the liberty of reposting my material here.

Last edited:
Gosh, I wonder why Washington and Jefferson missed that when they established the holiday?

i guess that would be becasue..... it was not an official American holiday.

The American holiday was not put into play until after 20 years of pestering.. and lincoln decided it was a good idea to suggest after the civil war to try an unite the country again.... Thanksgiving day itself, 4th Thursday in November was not set until around the 40's when it was made a legal holiday.

:lmao: ... i am pretty sure the the pilgrims thought the indians were heathens...another name for pagans..... you know co-founders of the original feast.

The American holiday was not put into play until after 20 years of pestering.. and lincoln decided it was a good idea to suggest after the civil war to try an unite the country again.... Thanksgiving day itself, 4th Thursday in November was not set until around the 40's when it was made a legal holiday.

:lmao: ... i am pretty sure the the pilgrims thought the indians were heathens...another name for pagans..... you know co-founders of the original feast.

Uh, no. While pagans are technically heathens, not all heathens are pagans, and thus Indians are not pagans. Pagan/heathen are not interchangeable across the board.

This is just silly, and really over the top ignorant.

Uh, no. While pagans are technically heathens, not all heathens are pagans, and thus Indians are not pagans. Pagan/heathen are not interchangeable across the board.

and how do you know what the pilgrims thought about their half naked brown skied saviors? puritans were pretty damn arrogant, close minded and ignorant back then.

and Indians had harvest festivals.....still do.

I agree Syrenn I posted the actual resolution and I will do again here...

"Congress established Thanksgiving as a legal holiday in the same spirit as it established Labor Day, July 4th, Memorial Day and Veterans Day.....as the resolution describes...."

joint-res-l.jpg

Thanksgiving..................A day for crystal worshiping, gaian, druids to celebrate with a vegan feast and to reflect on their worthless contributions to their country

and how do you know what the pilgrims thought about their half naked brown skied saviors? puritans were pretty damn arrogant, close minded and ignorant back then.

and Indians had harvest festivals.....still do.

Yes, and they also have Thanksgiving. They aren't one and the same.

I don't care or know what pilgrims thought. I'm telling you that although Indians might be considered "heathen", "paganism" is an actual religion or set of practices completely separated from our country's native culture. Indians have never observed pagan rituals.

Forum List

Back