Thanksgiving

good to see you agree.... its not a christian thing....

Not sure I understand what you mean when you type:

"christian thing". What is that exactly?

And no Syrenn, I do not agree with your interpretation of my posts on this thread. I thought my posts were quite clear as to my views. It is a mixed day of secular and faith for some.

its either one or the other......

a secular holiday can accommodate both... a fath biased one is a faith based one.

Oh I have stated what type of holiday I believed it to be pages ago. It is not a Christian holiday in the true sense of Christian days of observance. I was currently discussing the history of the first Thanksgiving more than anything.

Yes, they can.

You people are so pathetic. You claim that if someone states that Thanksgiving was established as a day to give thanks to God, (which of course it was, in the US) that means that nobody except those who give thanks to God can partake.

It's evidence of a serious disconnect between reality and your brain.

where do i say that?

Thanks to god....or what every you worship..... ill go for that.

thanks to a "christian" god alone.... and thanksgiving is a "christian" holiday..... fuck that and the turkey christian god rode in on.

syrenn is 100% right. Americans, god-fearing and atheist, celebrate this as a holiday for America because it is America for Americans.

it is an American holiday...
first to give thanks the indians help keeping the pilgrims alive and living through the winter...then to be thankful we one the war of independence...And then to more or less remember all those who suffered and died in the civil war.

Bullshit. We just get tired of the same old sad propaganda that insists that Thanksgiving has always been a secular holiday.

It hasn't. But continue to try to remove God from everything.

And nobody has said that people who don't believe in God can't celebrate Thanksgiving; it's dimwitted to pretend that or to think that just because you imply that it's true. Secularists think they can wave a wand and prevent everyone, everywhere, from ever talking about God, and likewise they can erase and re-scribble history to delete all references to God.

Thanksgiving in the US was specifically created to observe a day of Thanks to GOD for our blessings. Does that mean everybody HAS to give thanks to God? Nope. Has anyone ever SAID that they must? Nope.

ya know.. if you were on about christmas and easter... i would be right there with you defending it as a "christian" holiday.

not this this one. Im pretty tired of the "christians" putting god, their god, into everything and making it their very own.

i think it is dimwitted to call thanksgiving....a harvest festival... a christian thing.

Im pretty tired of the "christians" putting god, their god, into everything and making it their very own.

Honestly Syrenn I do not see that happening in my world at least. I do not count what we read or see expressed here as representative of the real world we all live in. Most people I know are either secular or people of faith but the people of faith never force it on others. In my circle we all live in harmony. Truly. Secularists and Christians all sitting down for some yummy food and the warmth of friends and family. Some thank God and some thank Butterball or Mom or their winning football team. lol

oh i agree with you.... which is why you never talk politics or religion at the dinner table or in polite society. :tongue:

Yes, they can.

You people are so pathetic. You claim that if someone states that Thanksgiving was established as a day to give thanks to God, (which of course it was, in the US) that means that nobody except those who give thanks to God can partake.

It's evidence of a serious disconnect between reality and your brain.

where do i say that?

Thanks to god....or what every you worship..... ill go for that.

thanks to a "christian" god alone.... and thanksgiving is a "christian" holiday..... fuck that and the turkey christian god rode in on.

Thanksgiving WAS established as a holiday to give thanks to God.

You don't like it, too bad. But this is the US so you are not OBLIGATED to give thanks to God, you can give thanks to whatever silly substitute you please.

Again, kindly stop pretending that to cite the history is to maintain everybody must thank God. That's idiotic, and nobody on this site has taken that position.

Alright, enough of this.

Everyone knows that Thanksgiving was set aside to thank the NFL commissioner and owners, Anheuser-Busch, and the Butterball turkey hotline for all they do for the country.

that being said.... i expect all of my worshiping throngs to pay up!

Never...and i mean never... show up at the grocery store close to thanksgiving in a chefs uniform....and not expect to get jumped by your followers praying for help and salvation!

ya know.. if you were on about christmas and easter... i would be right there with you defending it as a "christian" holiday.

not this this one. Im pretty tired of the "christians" putting god, their god, into everything and making it their very own.

i think it is dimwitted to call thanksgiving....a harvest festival... a christian thing.

Im pretty tired of the "christians" putting god, their god, into everything and making it their very own.

Honestly Syrenn I do not see that happening in my world at least. I do not count what we read or see expressed here as representative of the real world we all live in. Most people I know are either secular or people of faith but the people of faith never force it on others. In my circle we all live in harmony. Truly. Secularists and Christians all sitting down for some yummy food and the warmth of friends and family. Some thank God and some thank Butterball or Mom or their winning football team. lol

oh i agree with you.... which is why you never talk politics or religion at the dinner table or in polite society. :tongue:

Definitely makes for a happier day! :D Seriously I think the OP was off the mark totally in his premise but I still stand by posts that support the Christian ties to the first TDay.

Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving Syrenn and the same to all on this thread no matter why or how you choose to enjoy the day. Lots of living, laughter and love and delicious food of course is what makes it truly special.

Alright, enough of this.

Everyone knows that Thanksgiving was set aside to thank the NFL commissioner and owners, Anheuser-Busch, and the Butterball turkey hotline for all they do for the country.

Never...and i mean never... show up at the grocery store close to thanksgiving in a chefs uniform....and not expect to get jumped by your followers praying for help and salvation!

You have just given me a really evil idea to pull next year. :FIREdevil:

Alright, enough of this.

:lmao:I hear those who work the Butterball hotline feel your pain.

Thanksgiving Day in America has several beginnings and origins, secular and religious both, from the harvest festivals in England and Scotland to a feast in 1621 in Plymouth of Pilgrims and Indians, to a Spanish festival in New Mexico about 1600, to Lincoln's proclamation in 1863 of Thanksgiving that the nation still remained.

Let's give one another some grace on this special day.

Definitely makes for a happier day! :D Seriously I think the OP was off the mark totally in his premise but I still stand by posts that support the Christian ties to the first TDay.

Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving Syrenn and the same to all on this thread no matter why or how you choose to enjoy the day. Lots of living, laughter and love and delicious food of course is what makes it truly special.

oh i am not saying that there are not christian.. ties to the holiday. But it is not a "christian" holiday.

and a happy Thanksgiving to you too Dreamy. Enjoy it with those you love.

Alright, enough of this.

:lmao:I hear those who work the Butterball hotline feel your pain.

it makes for the BEST stories...i tell ya!

oh i am not saying that there are not christian.. ties to the holiday. But it is not a "christian" holiday.

Gotcha! :)

Thank you! Five days off from work so watch out world! I am free to get into trouble. haha

Gotcha! :)

Thank you! Five days off from work so watch out world! I am free to get into trouble. haha

:eek:

trouble....

:badgrin:

Forum List

Back