The 13th and 15th amendments combined say former convicts must be allowed to vote.

No, he didn't quote me. I NEVER said, "the right to vote doesn't exist". Get your shit together.
Voting isn't a right.
so if voting isn't a right, the right to vote does not exist.

I said, "voting isn't a right", because The Constitution doesn't have an amendment making it a right. Thanks for catching up.
great. you're wrong, but great. voting is a right in this country

. Truth is.....states don't have rights. People do. And when the States violate those rights, the federal government can and should protect rights of people.

And when the federal govt violates the rights of people, then the states should stop that. The FF took states rights for granted.

No, he didn't quote me. I NEVER said, "the right to vote doesn't exist". Get your shit together.
Voting isn't a right.

I said, "voting isn't a right", because The Constitution doesn't have an amendment making it a right. Thanks for catching up.

What amendment guarantees the right to vote?

Voting isn't a right.

are you saying that the right to vote doesn't exist?

Voting isn't a right.

I'm saying The Constitution doesn't guantee the right to vote.

The voting rights amendments did not confer any rights. They only addressed discrimination based on the subject of each amendment. Any state can eliminate popular voting in a presidential election and choose the electoral votes in the state legislature and this would be constitutionally valid.

Last edited:
I never said there's no such thing as the right to vote. I said, there's no amendment in The Constitution guaranteeing the right to vote.

No, you said straight out that voting isn't a right.

WildBillKelsoe said:

And at least you've had the sense to back off that steaming pile of pseudo-legal horseshit. And of course, the 15th amendment explicitly cites the RIGHT TO VOTE and how it shall not be denied.

15th amendment said:
The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

Popping your latest cyst of laughably ignorance.

And of course, there is your foundation mistake: assuming that a right has to be enumerated in the Constitution to exist. Um, where did you *ever* get such a stupid fucking idea? And that's saying something given your record of comic constitutional blunders in this thread alone.

That's 3 utter constitutional fuck ups you've made. And we're only on page 2.

That's not what I said, stop lying.

You know that we can follow the link and see your comment just yesterday.......as its the 4th post in this thread:

WildBillKelsoe said:

That's your entire post, in context. You said voting isn't a right. Anyone can click the link and see that's *exactly* what you said. And you were laughably, comically wrong.

So why deny it? You fucked up, Billy. You didn't know what you were talking about, hadn't read the 15th amendment, ignored the Supreme Court, and stepped in your own pile of rhetorical dog shit.

Own it. As its most definitely yours.

The voting rights amendments did not confer any rights. They only addressed discrimination based on the subject of each amendment. Any state can eliminate popular voting in a presidential election and choose the electoral votes in the state legislature and this would be constitutionally valid.

So when the 15th amendment says 'the right of citizens of the United States to vote'......they didn't actually mean the right to vote? Really?

And on the presidential run, sure...its all about the State Legislatures. But not for congress. Not for local officials. And now, not for senators.

Voting is most definitely a right.

I'm saying The Constitution doesn't guantee the right to vote.

Says who? Remember, the Constitution isn't an exhaustive list of rights. Read the 9th amendment. And the 15th amendment *explicitly* cites the right to vote. A right you insist doesn't exist.

Are all conservatives this fucking stupid? Or is just you?

I never said there's no such thing as the right to vote. I said, there's no amendment in The Constitution guaranteeing the right to vote.

No, you said straight out that voting isn't a right.

WildBillKelsoe said:

And at least you've had the sense to back off that steaming pile of pseudo-legal horseshit. And of course, the 15th amendment explicitly cites the RIGHT TO VOTE and how it shall not be denied.

15th amendment said:
The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

Popping your latest cyst of laughably ignorance.

And of course, there is your foundation mistake: assuming that a right has to be enumerated in the Constitution to exist. Um, where did you *ever* get such a stupid fucking idea? And that's saying something given your record of comic constitutional blunders in this thread alone.

That's 3 utter constitutional fuck ups you've made. And we're only on page 2.

That's not what I said, stop lying.
he's quoted you... are you trying to say that someone hacked your account and posted those incorrect statements on your behalf?

You said, unambiguously, that voting isn't a right.

I've quoted you. Lie all you want. All you do is prove yourself a liar.

So when the 15th amendment says 'the right of citizens of the United States to vote'......they didn't actually mean the right to vote? Really?

And on the presidential run, sure...its all about the State Legislatures. But not for congress. Not for local officials. And now, not for senators.

Do people who aren't American citizens have the same constitutional rights as American citizens?

Do people who aren't American citizens have the same constitutional rights as American citizens?

Depends on the right and the non-citizen. Are you still claiming that voting isn't a right?

Depends on the right and the non-citizen. Are you still claiming that voting isn't a right?

The Supreme Court said that non-citizens have the same civil rights as American citizens. Are you going to now claim that foreigners, who aren't citizens can vote in an American election?

The Supreme Court said that non-citizens have the same civil rights as American citizens. Are you going to now claim that foreigners, who aren't citizens can vote in an American election?

Quote the Supreme Court making the claim you've offered.

Are you still claiming that voting isn't a right?

What are the qualifications required to register to vote?

Where is that quote from the Supreme Court? You know, the one that says non-citizens have the same civil rights as American citizens.

And are you still insisting that voting isn't a right?

Where is that quote from the Supreme Court? You know, the one that says non-citizens have the same civil rights as American citizens.

Yeah, you don't want to answer that one...lol

What are the requirements to excercise free speech?

Yeah, you don't want to answer that one...lol

I'm still waiting for you to provide the quote from Supreme Court that says that says non-citizens have the same civil rights as American citizens.

Can we take it by your utter failure to provide that quote and your refusal to even discuss the topic now.....that you've abandoned that claim too?

And are you still claiming that voting isn't a right? This is the third time I've asked.....and you won't touch it with a 10 foot pole now.

That was easy.

Forum List

Back