The 2009 Baseball Season Thread

Hmm ... Surprisingly enough, Yukon doesn't have his own thread in the trash can to dump his crap in.

Gonna have to remedy that.

Hmm ... Surprisingly enough, Yukon doesn't have his own thread in the trash can to dump his crap in.

Did I say something fasle? Is baseball not riddled with drug addicts breaking records that were set by honourable men ?

Did I say something fasle? Is baseball not riddled with drug addicts breaking records that were set by honourable men ?

You are distrupting my light hearted thread about the sport that I love ergo I'm moving your shite out of it.

You are distrupting my light hearted thread about the sport that I love ergo I'm moving your shite out of it.

You get a post saying thanks, you get a "Thank you" and you get rep. An unassisted triple play! :lol:

Yo, Bob, what's your take on Armando Galarraga?

Well, we all love him in Detroit but let's face it the Tigers were tough to love last year and he was one of the few bright spots.

I believe he's got real potential but it worried me at the start of the season that he was going to come under a huge amount of pressure from expectation, both from fans, the local media and the fantasy pundits.

He was a complete surprise to us all last year. We got him for next to nothing (as I recall he was traded for a Single or Double A player) and it was only Dontrelle Willis' injury that brought him up to the Tigers. I happened to be at his first game against the Tribe last April. Everyone was kind of looking at each other, thinking of our dismal start to the 2008 campaign, and saying to each other "Oh crap, who the hell is this guy, is this the best we've got?" None of us were saying that by September.

He's not overpowering but has wicked movement, good location, and seems at present to have the mental strength needed to succeed. The fact that the Tigers rotation seems at least early in the season to be stronger that many expected (Verlander's poor start notwithstanding) can only help him. Amazingly to many Tiger fans the bullpen looks solid as well at present. We're all holding our breath right now and wondering if this is a flash in the pan or whether all we needed was some self belief.

I'd like to see him throw more ground ball outs, and a lot of teams don't know him that well yet so better scouting may reveal weaknesses, but the year has started positively. If he stays healthy (and the bullpen doesn't revert to the form of the last 3 years), I wouldn't be surprised to see him as a 15+ game winner this year.

If Verlander can get his shit together then our 1-2-3 with him, Galarraga and Jackson could make us contenders. Mind you, Justin pitches against the Yanks and Sabathia tomorrow night so.....we'll see!

Thanks, Bob!

I'm trying to decide if he's a sell high candidate or not.

400px-Broom_icon.svg.png

can't believe how hot the mariners are right now, number one in the A.L. West. I hope they keep it up. I guess Griffey is good for them, people can say whatever about him but he seems to be good for morale.

can't believe how hot the mariners are right now, number one in the A.L. West. I hope they keep it up. I guess Griffey is good for them, people can say whatever about him but he seems to be good for morale.

I've always liked Griffey and yes the M's are better than expected. This season is bringing plenty of surprises so far!

Toronto Blue Jays will win the World Series this year.

OK Blue Jay's...let's play BALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Verlander gets his first win, outduelling Sabathia with 7+ IP, 0 ER, 0 BB, 9 K's.

Tigers 4 Yanks 2. Tigs 3 games over .500 at the top of the AL Central :beer:

Closer is still potentially an issue though.

Forum List

Back