The 2009 Baseball Season Thread

Welp, I'm pissed. Today was my first game this season, against the Mets no less, and it's rained out. Had these tickets for 2 and a half months just DYING to go, and who the hell knows when it'll be rescheduled. Probably to a day game during the week when I can't make it :rolleyes:

NY's win steak is finally over, CC pitches bad again.

If it isn't rained out, Hughes will try for his second win.

Holy shit, Carl Crawford! What are you going to steal next? Heidi Watney from Tek?

Sorry to hear that Xeno and Paulie. By contrast, today was a perfect day (68 degrees, bright blue skies) at the ballpark in downtown Motown.

To start with, my son got to go on the field about 10 minutes before the first pitch and have his photo taken with his Little League team. (That's him in the front row, 2nd from left).

To make it ever better, the Tigs are back on track and so is Verlander. 7 IP, 2 H, 1, ER, 11 K's and the bullpen holds the 3-1 lead. Verlander's fanned 20 in his last 2 starts.

Life has been good today.

DSCN0630.jpg

What a difference a day makes. Tigers blank the Twins 9-0 behind 7 strong innings of 4 hit ball from rookie Rick Porcello. :clap2: We're in the middle of a critical 13 game stretch against AL Central rivals. 2 game set at the ChiSox coming up before we travel to Cleveland for 3 at the weekend.

We're 14-12, one game out of first behind the surprising Royals.

Go Tigers!

What a difference a day makes. Tigers blank the Twins 9-0 behind 7 strong innings of 4 hit ball from rookie Rick Porcello. :clap2: We're in the middle of a critical 13 game stretch against AL Central rivals. 2 game set at the ChiSox coming up before we travel to Cleveland for 3 at the weekend.

We're 14-12, one game out of first behind the surprising Royals.

Go Tigers!

are the royals the rays of '09?

red sox are up 6-3 in the 8th

:beer:

How many called 3rd strikes are we going to have in this game?

Man, I'd love to see a Phils/Sox WS.

I didn't want you guys last year because I knew we could beat TB, but I wasn't sure about Boston. This year though, I'd welcome it because I could handle a loss now that I got a WS.

The way things are looking, that might be a possibility too. Our rotation is finally starting to come around, and our bats right now are just crazy.

How about friggin Raul Ibanez??? Dude's dusting off his shelf and making room for a certain incoming trophy :D

I am going to say again, man I am glad Griffey is back in Seattle. Mariners still lead in the west but I feel it is too early for them to be doing this well. No one even thought they would be contenders this year. We will see!

Tigers bounced 6-0 by the White Sox last night. Buehrle was perfect until the 7th. Tigs now travel for Cleveland for 3, but if we can't beat the Sox we won't win the central.

BTW, Dontrelle Willis looks like he'll start for the Tigers on Wednesday. :eusa_pray:

Cubs are only 2.5 games back toward their march to be World Series Champs 2009~

Picture this if you will...

Verlander for Detroit, Lee for Cleveland. A pitching duel. The only run of the game given up by Lee in the 8th because Clete Thomas hustles to leg out an infield single.

Verlander comes out to pitch the 9th. He's thrown a gem. 0 R, 2 H, 1BB, 10 Ks. About 110 pitches but he's still throwing 98mph. He walks Valbuena to start the inning. Shoppach comes to the plate, representing the winning run. Shoppach lays down a sac bunt that Verlander fields and throws to 2nd to retire Valbuena.

Sizemore now comes to the plate. He hammers a pitch over the wall in right center...where Curtis Granderson leaps and pulls it back!

Verlander K's Cabrera, Tigers win 1-0.

That was one hell of a game. You gotta feel sorry for Lee. 22 wins last year, but 1-5 this year because the Tribe can't give him any run support. But still, hats off to Justin. First shutout since his no hitter in '97.

Awesome game, and well worth staying up for Baseball Tonight. :clap2:

Picture this if you will...

Verlander for Detroit, Lee for Cleveland. A pitching duel. The only run of the game given up by Lee in the 8th because Clete Thomas hustles to leg out an infield single.

Verlander comes out to pitch the 9th. He's thrown a gem. 0 R, 2 H, 1BB, 10 Ks. About 110 pitches but he's still throwing 98mph. He walks Valbuena to start the inning. Shoppach comes to the plate, representing the winning run. Shoppach lays down a sac bunt that Verlander fields and throws to 2nd to retire Valbuena.

Sizemore now comes to the plate. He hammers a pitch over the wall in right center...where Curtis Granderson leaps and pulls it back!

Verlander K's Cabrera, Tigers win 1-0.

That was one hell of a game. You gotta feel sorry for Lee. 22 wins last year, but 1-5 this year because the Tribe can't give him any run support. But still, hats off to Justin. First shutout since his no hitter in '97.

Awesome game, and well worth staying up for Baseball Tonight. :clap2:

Back to back Tigerbob posts, back to back Tiger shutouts. Tigs win 4-0 in cleveland on 7 strong innings from Ed Jackson, hold for Zumaya and save for Rodney (7/7).

Tigers win 5-3 at the Tribe, despite Rodney looking decidedly average for the second straight appearance. Actually, average probably overrates today's near catastrophe.

Still, 3 out of 3 away to a divisional rival is a great result. :clap2:

broom_big.jpg

Off day tomorrow then 3 at the Twins before the boys come for a 9 game home stand starting Friday.

4 games over .500 now, one game out of first. Whoo-hoo!

Forum List

Back