The 2009 Baseball Season Thread

NY on the way to a sweep of the Twins after another late inning comeback.

Bullpen is still to inconsistant at this point, starters coming on however.

Well, the difference between average player and superstar is something like 10 million per yer, and ball players usually only last 5 years.

So taking the chance means a possible net gain of 50 million dollars.

Risk your health for the chance to be set up for life, a lot of people would take that deal.

Big Papi has been sat down, I think he will struggle without Manny in the line-up?

Bay and Youk don't quite provide Manny-esque protection but they are pretty damn close.

Besides, if you project his number's last season to a full one minus injury David's production was a-okay.

Ortiz' problem is age and prolly a lack of steroids. Guy's like David don't decline slowly, they dive off a cliff.

He needs to be moved down in the order. Youk and Bay should be the 3/4 hitters in either order now. Papi should be hitting 5th or lower. Let's see if the Tito finally gives in the obvious and moves him out of the 3 slot.

Managers can be thick some times.

After mattingly's back went, the dopey NY managers kept batting him third, no matter how bad he stunk it up.

Francona is probaly smarter then that, at least you guys better hope so.

Went to game 3 of the Tigers / A's series today. Tigers sweep.

Gotta be tough being an A's fan right now. They scored 5 runs in the first inning today, and 4 runs in the other 26 innings of the series. By comparison, the Tigers racked up 34 runs over the 3 games.

It's been feast or famine with the Tigers lately. We've swept the A's (34 runs to 9) and the Tribe (10-3), and got swept by the Twins (26-17).

Willis gets his 2nd start Tuesday, and Bonderman's first rehab start Saturday at Single-A West Michigan looked good (7 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 94 pitches). If Carlos Guillen comes back from the DL healthy and Magglio's batting continues to strengthen (he's on bereavement leave until about Thursday) the Tigers are looking like they could be in with a shot this year.

Rangers and Rockies are in town next, then we visit the Royals. Our biggest challenge will be to prove we can beat our key divisional rivals, against whom we are 9-8 this year but 5 of those wins were against the Tribe (who are struggling since they hired our old pitching coach!) As it is right now we are on top of the AL Central, 1 game and 3 games up on KC and the Twinkies respectively.

Big Papi has been sat down, I think he will struggle without Manny in the line-up?

Bay and Youk don't quite provide Manny-esque protection but they are pretty damn close.

Besides, if you project his number's last season to a full one minus injury David's production was a-okay.

Ortiz' problem is age and prolly a lack of steroids. Guy's like David don't decline slowly, they dive off a cliff.

He needs to be moved down in the order. Youk and Bay should be the 3/4 hitters in either order now. Papi should be hitting 5th or lower. Let's see if the Tito finally gives in the obvious and moves him out of the 3 slot.

You really think Bay can, or even SHOULD, bat cleanup?

Jason Bay #44 LF
2009 STATS
BA HR RBI OBP SLG
.295 11 40 .434 .629

i'd say he could bat clean up. i like youk in the three hole.

Jason Bay #44 LF
2009 STATS
BA HR RBI OBP SLG
.295 11 40 .434 .629

I just checked some older box scores, apparently he's been hitting cleanup all season or at least most of it? I'm not as up on the technicals this year, I've barely been able to catch Phils games let alone anyone else.

If he's been producing like that in the 4 hole all season then you guys have a gem. Better get a piss sample and see what the real deal is :D

Jason Bay #44 LF
2009 STATS
BA HR RBI OBP SLG
.295 11 40 .434 .629

I just checked some older box scores, apparently he's been hitting cleanup all season or at least most of it? I'm not as up on the technicals this year, I've barely been able to catch Phils games let alone anyone else.

If he's been producing like that in the 4 hole all season then you guys have a gem. Better get a piss sample and see what the real deal is :D

sad that that's what we all think of first now, isn't it?

Jason Bay #44 LF
2009 STATS
BA HR RBI OBP SLG
.295 11 40 .434 .629

Even the less bulky looking guys were/are juicing, so it's impossible to know for sure. A-rod isn't exactly the incredible hulk.

Gotta suspect Longoria now too.

Even the less bulky looking guys were/are juicing, so it's impossible to know for sure. A-rod isn't exactly the incredible hulk.

and pujols et al. it just sucks. the great thing about baseball was that you didn't have to be a complete freak of nature (7 ft tall or 350 lbs) to play it and play it well.

and pujols et al. it just sucks. the great thing about baseball was that you didn't have to be a complete freak of nature (7 ft tall or 350 lbs) to play it and play it well.

I was always small framed, at 29 years old I weigh 175. That's big enough to play in the majors. I was tiny growing up. I always batted lead off because I was fast and I could work a count. I'd crouch low and work just as many walks as hits.

In baseball, there's a ROLE for the small guy. What it all comes down to though, is chicks dig the long ball.

Absolutely.

Been sayin' it for a while now.

Forum List

Back