The 2009 Baseball Season Thread

Unless he shows he has anything left, Ortiz is going nowhere.

The fact he doesn't play the field really deminishes what value he has left, if was decent at first you might be able to dump him.

Is Ortiz really going to be traded?

To who?

Guy from the boston globe was saying the bosox have to get him hitting or he won't be worth anything as far as trade value. Baseball is so business oriented, there is zero loyalty. It's sad.

When you're paying guys millions of dollars, loyalty doesn't cut it. Why pay a guy that kind of money if he's going to hover at or under the Mendoza line and produce 50% of what he's otherwise capable of?

Man, I'm starting to feel bad about hating on Wakefield over the offseason ...

Man, I'm starting to feel bad about hating on Wakefield over the offseason ...

well, i'm not going to give you a hard time, but only because i'm still laughing about this...

LOS ANGELES -- If Ryan Church thought he was in Jerry Manuel's doghouse before, just wait.

It's only going to get worse after what happened here last night.

In a 2-2 game, Church missed third base while scoring what would have been the go-ahead run in the 11th inning, providing the most monumental of many Met blunders that set up a crushing, 3-2 loss the Dodgers later that inning.

METS' 11TH-INNING MISCUES GIVE WIN TO DODGERS - New York Post

amazin' :rofl:

I heard that on sports talk radio in the wee of the morning today.

The NY media must be completely eviscerating him today.

I heard that on sports talk radio in the wee of the morning today.

The NY media must be completely eviscerating him today.
Actually, the talk is knocking mauel for having a vedetta vs chruch and not playing him enough.

They also mentioend that Manuel was a douche when Chruch came to the dugout, giving him 'the silent' treatment.

Forum List

Back