The 2009 Baseball Season Thread

NY wins again, sabathia stunk it up but the bullpen was great and melky of all people hit 2 HR.

Boston sweeps the Twins in a day/night double header and are now on a 7 game winning streak.

In non baseball related news, USMB poster Article 15 has tickets to Game 5 of the Celtics v. Bulls series.

Tigers hold on for a wild 12-10 win at the Angels, despite another poor outing from SP Justin Verlander.

Series tied 1-1 with the decider tonight.

Boston takes game one on Youk's 11th inning bomb.

Tough one to lose, NY had a ton of chances yet failed in the clutch over and over.

Yeah, great game. We were terrible hitting into four double playing in the first 5 innings and squandering a bunch of chances. I'm glad the Skanks coughed this one up. We kinda own Rivera.

Yeah, great game. We were terrible hitting into four double playing in the first 5 innings and squandering a bunch of chances. I'm glad the Skanks coughed this one up. We kinda own Rivera.

Rivera should have been named MVP of the 2004 LCS.

okay i am an a's fan...i like jason giambi fan...much to the disdain of my husband..but here goes:

his rant:

the yankess has more to prove than any other team in ALL of sports history due to their over paid players who have the all time historical payroll in the history of all sports. (i am not providing links to back up this rant at all)

plus they tore down one of the most historical venues in all of sports history...the house that ruth built..they suck...(he is not scratching..doing that man thang) they will be beaten by teams with 10% of their payroll..due to their lack of HEART, they are simply too rich, so they have plenty of heart they just have nothing to pay for...too much money..its just bullshit...10 or 12 yrs w/o winning the series and ever year they spend more and more money, its just nuts.

yankess will not make the playoffs...mans says "i can throw the ball as hard as johnnie daymon, you can put that in there too"

he has now stormed out in total disgust....due to me saying i liked giambi...he comments "why, he can't hit or run?"

but there is our prediction...no playoffs for the yankees...and never underestimate the braves

omg he is back and ranting..about daymon...millions of dollars how cant play defense...he could play for the red sox cause their center field was short but they still got shed of him...cut his hair to ...man is now making that mocking voice "played with the yankees and cut his hair"...o this is funny...he is walking down the hall going they could have got robinson cano but no they got daymon...i am not sure of these spellings....lol..thanks guys now he is in a total fucking hating yankees rant i have seem them go on for days lol.....

" sebastain doesnt seem to have a fast ball this year" i cant keep up any longer....they have him 100 mill a year highest paid pitcher in the league...now they are saying he never has a good april anyway..maybe that is not it.? not having a fast ball in april makes no sense...

o how funny...he would stop and be quiet and do something then come back and just start again...he is now out in bees..whew

i got perhaps 1/2 of his rant down....he will rant the rest of the day...i mean he gets pissed talking about the yankees...

omg he is back and ranting..about daymon...millions of dollars how cant play defense...he could play for the red sox cause their center field was short but they still got shed of him...cut his hair to ...man is now making that mocking voice "played with the yankees and cut his hair"...o this is funny...he is walking down the hall going they could have got robinson cano but no they got daymon...i am not sure of these spellings....lol..thanks guys now he is in a total fucking hating yankees rant i have seem them go on for days lol.....

DAMON-JUDASREV_RK.gif

I wouldn't say kind of, I would say completly.

I saw it coming too, Giradi paniced by putting Mo in with two out in the 8th, Rivera has said for some time he loses speed on his fastball when he has to sit between innings.

As soon as Bay hit it, i knew it was gone too.

Tigs totally dominated last night by the Royals and the increasingly impressive Zack Greinke. Royals win 6-1, and I'm gonna start a thread about Greinke. He is quite possibly gonna be he story of the year. :clap2:

BTW, the original Yankee stadium has not been torn down, it's still there, as a museum to baseball.

tell ya what xen you can call tonight and tell him that...me i am glad i am hauling trash today and trying to help him from being overwhelmed with yankee hate

I'm used to people hating them, it's no big deal to me.

When I was a kid, they always lost, it wasn't till I was 15 that I saw them win a world series, I spent my childhood hearing about Tom seaver and the mets, while the Yankees just sucked.

Then they won 2 World series, and didn't win again for 18 years.

So when people bitch about NY buying this or that, i laugh, all that money spent and i have onlt seen 6 titles in nearly 50 years.

George should ask for his money back. :lol:

Tigs hang on for a tight 3-2 win over the Royals.

2 of 3 from the M's.
1 of 3 from the Angels.
2 of 3 from the Royals.

5 and 4 is a successful road trip. C'mon home home boys! :clap2:

Forum List

Back