The 2nd amendment does not say "Except for felons" or "Except as provided by law". Why not?

Do you believe that Adam Lanza, M14 Shooter, Jared Lee Loughner, Dylann Roof and Eric Rudolph all have the absolute Right to own, possess and have in their custody and control a gun?
Yes or No.
It is a simple question.
Didn't even read the OP, did we? :rolleyes-41:

I have and I did again a moment ago. My take away is this: You believe your rights superseded the right of life to every child killed at Sandy Hook E, every person shot in the theater in Colorado and every person at Rep. Giffords town meeting in Arizona killed or wounded.

I respect the right of all sober, sane, honest and law abiding citizens to own and possess a gun, with some limits. I do not accept your slippery slope argument that one day all guns will be confiscated by a tyrannical government.

In short I'm pragmatic, the cost in blood and treasure to confiscate every gun in America alone is prohibitive, and BTW, those who study history understand that prohibitions do not work. Prostitution flourishes, abortions were done in back alleys and alcohol and marijuana prohibitions were complete failures.

Do you believe that Adam Lanza, M14 Shooter, Jared Lee Loughner, Dylann Roof and Eric Rudolph all have the absolute Right to own, possess and have in their custody and control a gun?
Yes or No.
It is a simple question.

I have and I did again a moment ago. My take away is this: You believe your rights superseded the right of life to every child killed at Sandy Hook E, every person shot in the theater in Colorado and every person at Rep. Giffords town meeting in Arizona killed or wounded.

I respect the right of all sober, sane, honest and law abiding citizens to own and possess a gun, with some limits. I do not accept your slippery slope argument that one day all guns will be confiscated by a tyrannical government.

In short I'm pragmatic, the cost in blood and treasure to confiscate every gun in America alone is prohibitive, and BTW, those who study history understand that prohibitions do not work. Prostitution flourishes, abortions were done in back alleys and alcohol and marijuana prohibitions were complete failures.

I am glad that you recognize that the BLACKMARKET will keep us well supplied with ASSAULT RIFLES and large capacity ammunition magazines:. There is NOTHING that you and your friends in black robes can do to stop us from exercising our ABSOLUTE -UNALIENABLE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS TO DEFEND OUR LIVES. NOTHING.

Mindless, bigoted nonsense used to make a point only results in a mindless bigoted point.
Keep up the good work.
:clap:

Hey now, I sorta want one of the MP 15 sporters that Rustic linked to. I guess it depends on whether my kid wants a hand gun. Maybe I'm better off buying her one of those though. Generally the .223 for home defense is a bad idea imo, because the rounds go through dry wall really easily. However, it'd be easier to show her how to shoot one of those than a revolver, and in either case the first move is to retreat and secure a door, which is easily done with a simple door jam available at a Wal-Mart near you for under $5.

Yes or No.
It is a simple question.

I am glad that you recognize that the BLACKMARKET will keep us well supplied with ASSAULT RIFLES and large capacity ammunition magazines:. There is NOTHING that you and your friends in black robes can do to stop us from exercising our ABSOLUTE -UNALIENABLE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS TO DEFEND OUR LIVES. NOTHING.

True.

But that has zero to do with my comments above. It dos provide more evidence that you are a criminal and suggestive that you are mentally deranged, two characteristics which Justice Scalia singled out in the Heller Decision, to wit:

"Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited. From Blackstone through the 19th-century cases, commentators and courts routinely explained that the right was not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose. See, e.g., Sheldon, in 5 Blume 346; Rawle 123; Pomeroy 152–153; Abbott333. For example, the majority of the 19th-century courts to consider the question held that prohibitions on carrying concealed weapons were lawful under the Second Amendmentor state analogues. See, e.g., State v. Chandler, 5 La. Ann., at 489–490; Nunn v. State, 1 Ga., at 251; see generally 2 Kent *340, n. 2; The American Students’ Blackstone 84, n. 11 (G. Chase ed. 1884). Although we do not undertake an exhaustive historical analysis today of the full scope of the Second Amendment , nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.26

Link to entire decision here:

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA v. HELLER

Part III is quoted above.

Yes or No.
It is a simple question.

True.

But that has zero to do with my comments above. It dos provide more evidence that you are a criminal and suggestive that you are mentally deranged, two characteristics which Justice Scalia singled out in the Heller Decision, to wit:

"Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited. From Blackstone through the 19th-century cases, commentators and courts routinely explained that the right was not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose. See, e.g., Sheldon, in 5 Blume 346; Rawle 123; Pomeroy 152–153; Abbott333. For example, the majority of the 19th-century courts to consider the question held that prohibitions on carrying concealed weapons were lawful under the Second Amendmentor state analogues. See, e.g., State v. Chandler, 5 La. Ann., at 489–490; Nunn v. State, 1 Ga., at 251; see generally 2 Kent *340, n. 2; The American Students’ Blackstone 84, n. 11 (G. Chase ed. 1884). Although we do not undertake an exhaustive historical analysis today of the full scope of the Second Amendment , nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.26

Link to entire decision here:

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA v. HELLER

Part III is quoted above.

umm count don't care. LOL

Hey now, I sorta want one of the MP 15 sporters that Rustic linked to. I guess it depends on whether my kid wants a hand gun. Maybe I'm better off buying her one of those though. Generally the .223 for home defense is a bad idea imo, because the rounds go through dry wall really easily. However, it'd be easier to show her how to shoot one of those than a revolver, and in either case the first move is to retreat and secure a door, which is easily done with a simple door jam available at a Wal-Mart near you for under $5.

A dog is a bit more expensive than a door jam, but an effective early warning tool, and many times an effective deterrent. Shooting someone has consequences, and a gun is not a great companion as is a dog. Dogs don't bite through sheet rock, nor do many intruders seek a confrontation with a dog.

I recommend a border collie mix, ours is BC and Aussie Cattle Dog. One draw back is she is smarter than the average homosapien. In fact she communicates more effectively than posters such as M14 shooter and 2aguy - she's much smarter than them too.

I don't know how you gun nuts expect to get all gun regulation repealed unless you think we're going to abandon democratic government.

We do not expect to get all gun regulation repealed.

Actually , we believe it will worsen when President Clinton appoints another fascist to SCOTUS.

The new majority will conclude that Heller was wrongly decided, that Americans do not have a right to carry sling shots , let alone firearms.

Our only hope are the Mexican drug Cartels - the blackmarket.

Your use of "fascist" as a pejorative is both foolish and misguided and typically lacks substance, i.e., examples.
The Constitution exists solely in the context of its case law, including the Second Amendment, where that case law acknowledges an individual right to possess a firearm and a right to self-defense.

If this is the case, how did the constitution exist when the delegates wrote it at the constitutional convention? How did the constitution exist when it was sent to the states for ratification?

The Magna Carta, Natural Law and the English Common Law all existed well before there was a US, and were considered by those learned men who participated in the writing of COTUS.

No, I use the word fascist as intended by Benito Mussolini

...The Fascist State organizes the nation, but leaves a sufficient margin of liberty to the individual; the latter is deprived of all useless and possibly harmful freedom, but retains what is essential; the deciding power in this question cannot be the individual, but the State alone....

So here FASCIST state bureaucrats have concluded that the right to defend our lives is NOT a right unless THEY recognize it as such.

BULLSHIT.

I don't know how you gun nuts expect to get all gun regulation repealed unless you think we're going to abandon democratic government.

Actually , we believe it will worsen when President Clinton appoints another fascist to SCOTUS.

The new majority will conclude that Heller was wrongly decided, that Americans do not have a right to carry sling shots , let alone firearms.

Your use of "fascist" as a pejorative is both foolish and misguided and typically lacks substance, i.e., examples.
The Constitution exists solely in the context of its case law, including the Second Amendment, where that case law acknowledges an individual right to possess a firearm and a right to self-defense.

If this is the case, how did the constitution exist when the delegates wrote it at the constitutional convention? How did the constitution exist when it was sent to the states for ratification?

The Magna Carta, Natural Law and the English Common Law all existed well before there was a US, and were considered by those learned men who participated in the writing of COTUS.

...The Fascist State organizes the nation, but leaves a sufficient margin of liberty to the individual; the latter is deprived of all useless and possibly harmful freedom, but retains what is essential; the deciding power in this question cannot be the individual, but the State alone....

So here FASCIST state bureaucrats have concluded that the right to defend our lives is NOT a right unless THEY recognize it as such.

BULLSHIT.

Yes, bullshit describes your content. Both the common law and the penal codes of the several states recognize the right of self defense. The crazy right wing, which includes the gun nuts, obviously, has created a whole new concept - "stand your ground". A fitting concept for the Walter Mitty's whose fantasy is to become a hero and kill someone. Be honest, how many times before you all asleep do yoou imagine yourself with a hero button provided by the citizens of your community, after killing someone engaged in a crime, and not a capital crime at that? Do you envy Zimmerman? How did that work out for him?

Yes or No.
It is a simple question.

Didn't read it, I see.

Either that, or you're lying about what I wrote.

My money's on Choice B. It's what liberals do.

Yes or No.
It is a simple question.

Didn't read it, I see.

Did read it, and every word in my take away is true. If you read between the lines, i have also characterized you as a callous conservative, one of the assholes who live by, "I got mine, fuck the rest of you"\.

BULLSHIT.

Yes, bullshit describes your content. Both the common law and the penal codes of the several states recognize the right of self defense. The crazy right wing, which includes the gun nuts, obviously, has created a whole new concept - "stand your ground". A fitting concept for the Walter Mitty's whose fantasy is to become a hero and kill someone. Be honest, how many times before you all asleep do yoou imagine yourself with a hero button provided by the citizens of your community, after killing someone engaged in a crime, and not a capital crime at that? Do you envy Zimmerman? How did that work out for him?

REPEATING

BULLSHIT.

The truth is our founders didn't value life as we do today. Life was hard and people accepted the reality of the time that people would die and even had dueling during this time...So life just didn't matter as much. .

Today we don't and don't like that such carelessness still is in our constitution.

Yes, bullshit describes your content. Both the common law and the penal codes of the several states recognize the right of self defense. The crazy right wing, which includes the gun nuts, obviously, has created a whole new concept - "stand your ground".
Just because -your- first reaction to a threat is to run away does not in any way mean the law should demand everyone else follow your propensity for cowardice. If you have the right to be where you are, you have the right to defend yourself in place.

BULLSHIT.

REPEATING

BULLSHIT.

Reality in terms of laws and court decisions proves you're wrong. What may have been true in the 30's in Italy has nothing to do with the US and our system of jurisprudence in the 21st Century.

Didn't read it, I see.
Did read it, and every word in my take away is true.
Bingo. Choice B was correct. You're continuously lying.

The funniest part is where you try to convince me that I didn't write what I wrote.

Because that's the only response you can come up with other than admitting how silly and wrong you are, calling normal people names, and smearing them.

Forum List

Back