The abuse of Greta

Is this like smearing a Senator or Supreme court justice?

She is a fucking child, who just repeats (hysterical I might add) what she heard, wait till she grows up and learns Yellowstone is about to blow and Wyoming lands on Minnesota.

"She is a fucking child, who just repeats (hysterical I might add) what she heard"

Similar to many on this site and in this thread.

How hypocritical of Conservatives mocking her knowledge of the environment

My money says she understands the nuances of climate change more than Conservatives who get their information from right wing media

I would say she has a better understanding of the issue than our President

I doubt you've ever been accused of being too bright. I'm betting you hung on Hogg's every word and denounced Sandman for smiling at Chief Little Drum
Nice diversion

I have heard the statements on the issue from both Greta and from our President

Greta demonstrates a thorough understanding of many of the complexities of the issue
Trump has stated repeated falsehoods and speaks in bumper sticker statements

No diversion, she is just parroting what she heard, Yellowstone will blow, or an asteroid will wipe us out before anyone will notice global warming or another ice age.

I wonder is she is related to the popes science adviser that crazy gal Naomi Klein?

Wow......................

(Just looked it up)

View attachment 280824

View attachment 280825

She has studied the issue of Global Warming in depth
She is capable of discussing details and impacts

Our President has not read a book in decades and gets his talking points from Fox News

That idiot has apparently missed all the older folks that have been saying the same thing before she did.
Doesn’t matter
They will personally attack anyone who disagrees with them

Yeah, what she is saying is so important, that I have seen none of you libs repeat it.

ALL you want to do, is use the child as a foil, so that you can smear anyone that dares respond to her.
I don’t care if Conservatives respond to the issues she raises

I do think the behavior of conservatives in personally attacking a 16 year old girl is reprehensible. They call her a Nazi, mentally ill, mock her appearance, attack her parents

Do you support this behavior?

They're not calling her a Nazi, those memes show that the powers behind her are using the same exact tactics used by the Nazis and other totalitarians in history. I find it hard to believe you didn't get that...which leads me to wonder who's the one trolling here?

When you post pictures of her next to those of Nazis
YES you are calling her a Nazi
....?

No, you are not. Try to be less dishonest.

Second are we still thinking this 16 year old drop out with unhinged fantasies of global destruction and emotional problems is our go to for economic and energy policy?
Stupid thread. Not one person thinks this. We will still turn to the experts for policy suggestions.

Doesn’t matter

Yeah, what she is saying is so important, that I have seen none of you libs repeat it.

ALL you want to do, is use the child as a foil, so that you can smear anyone that dares respond to her.

I do think the behavior of conservatives in personally attacking a 16 year old girl is reprehensible. They call her a Nazi, mentally ill, mock her appearance, attack her parents

I've received worse from people like you for less reason over the last few years, so fuck it.

Also my understanding is that she IS mentally ill, and her parents should be attacked for letting her be put in the media spotlight like this.

what is her mental illness?
c

From what I have heard, autism and obsessive compulsive disorder, with high anxiety.

NOT the type of person, you want to subject to global scrutiny and criticism.

Is autism classified as a mental illness?

I've received worse from people like you for less reason over the last few years, so fuck it.

Also my understanding is that she IS mentally ill, and her parents should be attacked for letting her be put in the media spotlight like this.

c

From what I have heard, autism and obsessive compulsive disorder, with high anxiety.

Not sure why you ignored two of the three things I said. My point stands. No good parent would put their child, especially that one, in the global spotlight.

c

Not sure why you ignored two of the three things I said. My point stands. No good parent would put their child, especially that one, in the global spotlight.
I'm wondering if she pays the bills

c

The other two are symptoms of autism, thus they were redundant.

Their daughter has a passion and they let her follow it, and she did an amazing job in my opinion even if I do not agree with her conclusions.

Doesn’t matter

They're not calling her a Nazi, those memes show that the powers behind her are using the same exact tactics used by the Nazis and other totalitarians in history. I find it hard to believe you didn't get that...which leads me to wonder who's the one trolling here?

When you post pictures of her next to those of Nazis
YES you are calling her a Nazi
....?

No, you are not. Try to be less dishonest.
What else could be your intent?

She is a child for Gods sake, a child with a passion for the environment.....and you compare her to Nazis

Doesn’t matter

She is autistic

I do not believe that is classified as a mental illness.

c

Why not?

Because they should know how nasty and cruel conservatives can be?

c

The other two are symptoms of autism, thus they were redundant.

Their daughter has a passion and they let her follow it, and she did an amazing job in my opinion even if I do not agree with her conclusions.

Then yes, autism is a mental illness.

No one with anxiety issues should be put in the position that Greta has been put into. She is being judged by the whole world.

That is the type of thing that could drive someone like her to suicide.

She is autistic

Don't care what you "believe" , I ain't the smartest kid in the sand box but I do my homework.

"The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5, published in 2013) includes Asperger syndrome, childhood disintegrative disorder, and pervasive developmental disorders not otherwise specified (PDD-NOS) as part of ASD rather than as separate disorders. A diagnosis of ASD includes an assessment of intellectual disability and language impairment."

Autism Spectrum Disorder Fact Sheet | National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke

c

"
What are some types of mental disorders?
  • Anxiety disorders, including panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, and phobias.
  • Depression, bipolar disorder, and other mood disorders.
  • Eating disorders.
  • Personality disorders.
  • Psychotic disorders, including schizophrenia."

She is autistic

More of a condition. I was a foster parent of a boy with associated conditions.

What Is Autism? | Autism Speaks

She is autistic

Don't care what you "believe" , I ain't the smartest kid in the sand box but I do my homework.

"The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5, published in 2013) includes Asperger syndrome, childhood disintegrative disorder, and pervasive developmental disorders not otherwise specified (PDD-NOS) as part of ASD rather than as separate disorders. A diagnosis of ASD includes an assessment of intellectual disability and language impairment."

Autism Spectrum Disorder Fact Sheet | National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke

Thanks! I knew I was correct.

You do know there is a difference between a mental illness and mental disorder....right? Did you homework tell you that as well?

She is autistic

More of a condition. I was a foster parent of a boy with associated conditions.

What Is Autism? | Autism Speaks

Thanks. It is a distinction that many people miss but one that is important.

c

Why not?

Because they should know how nasty and cruel conservatives can be?

Cruelty is not required for a young girl with high anxiety to be seriously harmed by global attention and criticism.

Forum List

Back