The America I once knew

The America I once knew is gone. Will I go anywhere? No. I can only stand by and watch she passes into history with great sorrow. The only service I have left to her is to be the bard who sings songs of her great legend.

Thiers no where to go in the entire western world ...it is being brought down .
Like myself and others have said on this very board 2020 has a high probability of being the failed republics last election.

I will see them in hell ....
Yolo

There's that ^^^^worthless pussy I was talking about. ^^^
Ah, I see, I see.

The America I once knew is gone. Will I go anywhere? No. I can only stand by and watch she passes into history with great sorrow. The only service I have left to her is to be the bard who sings songs of her great legend.

It’s game Over
The USA is a failed , worthless dream
We were the best ever from 1940-2020 but now that dream is over

USA no longer has the First amendment and soon all your guns will be gone
They will use the army if you don’t turn them in

Let's tell it as it is: America was never the wonderful country that people like to dream about.

Forget about the ethnic (racial) angle. Just among Caucasians, life has never been paradise here.

Just think about the bloody fight for labor unions. (Forget the fact that many unions deteriorated into corrupt organizations.)

Just think of the fight for the right of women to vote.

Everyone knew that suddenly voting by mail would cause confusion and madness. But the Dems insisted upon it, and -- quite frankly -- with COVID-19, it did make sense. But there was no way that a mail-in voting system could have been implemented in a few months without a lot of corruption creeping in.

Most Americans will go on with their lives, just as they have during the last four years.

This country is coming apart at its seams for certain reasons that are beyond repair.

I guess that everyone now acknowledges that America ain't exceptional!

Let's tell it as it is: America was never the wonderful country that people like to dream about.

Forget about the ethnic (racial) angle. Just among Caucasians, life has never been paradise here.

Just think about the bloody fight for labor unions. (Forget the fact that many unions deteriorated into corrupt organizations.)

Everyone knew that suddenly voting by mail would cause confusion and madness. But the Dems insisted upon it, and -- quite frankly -- with COVID-19, it did make sense. But there was no way that a mail-in voting system could have been implemented in a few months without a lot of corruption creeping in.

Most Americans will go on with their lives, just as they have during the last four years.

This country is coming apart at its seams for certain reasons that are beyond repair.

Yes it was.

It’s game Over
The USA is a failed , worthless dream
We were the best ever from 1940-2020 but now that dream is over

The dream never dies.

Guy, if your destiny is determined by an election, you are kind of useless.

Hey, start with this. Get off the couch and stop finding excuses.

You lost an election. Big deal.

Come back in four years and make a better argument.

The problem with you Trump supporters is that you are much like a cult. If you had a movement, it would be bigger than one man.

Have you bought your tickets yet?

Trump was destroying her, institution by institution, law by law, into something unrecognizable where opponents became The Enemy and the political process a War to be won at all costs.

This is not good for us.

It's likely the Republicans will retain the Senate. This might be a better outcome. Think about it. Biden and McConnel are long time friends and allies. McConnel was the only Republican Senator to attend Beau's funeral. Joe knows how to "make a deal", he knows how to work with the Senate and the House. Having a Republican Senate will put the brakes on the more extreme ideologues in the Democrat party, who want sweeping change and could pressure Biden.

We, as a country do not need sweeping change, we need "truth and reconciliation", stability, and we need to regain our place in the world.

We have survived worse. In 1861, Democrats refused to honor the results of a Presidential election and seceded from the Union. 600,000 men died in the Civil War that followed.

That's false.

It wasn't about parties. It was specific states. The northern Democrats certainly didn't secede. Learn some history.

Trump was destroying her, institution by institution, law by law, into something unrecognizable where opponents became The Enemy and the political process a War to be won at all costs.

Wrong. This was already happening long before Trump was a gleam in the electorate's eye. You are foolish to blame him for something that was already happening.

Besides, your wing of the political aisle launched a continuous assault on the presidential institution from the very moment he took the oath, so I would rather not hear people who sat by and watched this behavior lecturing me about the sanctity of our national institutions. With all respect, your party has very little regard for them.

Instead of wanting them to function properly and equally, they want these institutions to serve only them and their purposes. They aren't concerned if they function as intended for the rest of the Americans who rely upon them.

I will not accept this rationale, Coyote. This is your America now, not mine.

Last edited:
Think about it. Biden and McConnel are long time friends and allies.

In what universe?

Think about it, about an America where all the sacred institutions function for the equal betterment of all Americans, not just one side or the other, nor one party or another.

That America is gone. Dead. There is no equality among our institutions, simply people bent on serving a political agenda.

We have survived worse. In 1861, Democrats refused to honor the results of a Presidential election and seceded from the Union. 600,000 men died in the Civil War that followed.

That's false.

It wasn't about parties. It was specific states. The northern Democrats certainly didn't secede. Learn some history.

History:

The majority of the Democratic party in that era were pro-slavery. The northern Democrats were at that time a niche wing of the party. Nobody was ever suggesting the northern Democrats seceded.

We, as a country do not need sweeping change, we need "truth and reconciliation", stability, and we need to regain our place in the world.

We already had our place in the world. We were unique. Now you just want us to be like everyone else. For a party that stresses diversity, you sure want us to be part of some global amalgam of like-minded viewpoints.

No. We didn't tell the British during the revolution that we might change our minds. We shot them. We drove them off of our soil. We wanted to think freely and act freely. Because we didn't like other kingdoms and monarchies fashioning our ideals and culture for us. This is exactly the inference I am getting from the points you're making, that we should let the world lead us instead of us leading the world.

That's false.

History:

The majority of the Democratic party in that era were pro-slavery. The northern Democrats were at that time a niche wing of the party. Nobody was ever suggesting the northern Democrats seceded.
History.

The Dem Party was SPLIT between the northern abolishionists and the southearn secessionists. The Republicans could not have accomplished anything without the support of the northern Dems. Making it about political parties is dishonest because it was about STATES. Not everything comes down to political parties but these days everything has to be about political parties. It gets old and dishonest.

Chill out, TK. No matter what happens, none of this is really the end of the world. Fix a cocktail and put your feet up.

Last edited:

We already had our place in the world. We were unique. Now you just want us to be like everyone else. For a party that stresses diversity, you sure want us to be part of some global amalgam of like-minded viewpoints.

Had? Were? Be like everyone else?

How do you derive that from what I said? Every nation is unique. Under Trump’s America First ideology, we abdicated our leadership whilst simultaneously demanding our privelege. How is that going to work going forward?

No. We didn't tell the British during the revolution that we might change our minds. We shot them. We drove them off of our soil. We wanted to think freely and act freely. Because we didn't like other kingdoms and monarchies fashioning our ideals and culture for us. This is exactly the inference I am getting from the points you're making, that we should let the world lead us instead of us leading the world.

You got the completely wrong inference. We no longer lead the world.

Think about it. Biden and McConnel are long time friends and allies.

In what universe?

Think about it, about an America where all the sacred institutions function for the equal betterment of all Americans, not just one side or the other, nor one party or another.

That America is gone. Dead. There is no equality among our institutions, simply people bent on serving a political agenda.

In this universe.

Wrong. This was already happening long before Trump was a gleam in the electorate's eye. You are foolish to blame him for something that was already happening.

Besides, your wing of the political aisle launched a continuous assault on the presidential institution from the very moment he took the oath, so I would rather not hear people who sat by and watched this behavior lecturing me about the sanctity of our national institutions. With all respect, your party has very little regard for them.

Instead of wanting them to function properly and equally, they want these institutions to serve only them and their purposes. They aren't concerned if they function as intended for the rest of the Americans who rely upon them.

I will not accept this rationale, Coyote. This is your America now, not mine.
I disagree TK. I am an old bitch. Trump is of an age he could be my older brother. I have never ever in my life seen the politicization of our institutions as I have under Trump. From the Civil Service to the DoJ ... emphasis is not on merit, expertise, professionalism, it is personal loyalty to Trump. Not the country.

The Trump administration is the poster child for kleptocracy.

If Trump loses, the senate remains Republican. What are your thoughts there?

Forum List

Back