The AR15 is Once Again Legal in the State of New York

hjmick

Platinum Member
Mar 28, 2007
Yes, that's right folks, the very same rifle, with all the power it had before, is now again legal in the State of New York.

How is this possible, you ask? Well, manufacturers addressed all the reasons it was made illegal to begin with, these issues being cosmetic, they gave it a new look...

Screen-Shot-2014-02-09-at-8.12.39-AM-630x380.png

When the opponents of “assault weapon” bans argue that it is preposterous for the state to ban firearms based on the way they look, they really mean it. It is. The rifle in the photograph above is no more or less powerful than the one that has been banned; it just looks different.

Manufacturers Change Look of AR-15; Rifle Is Now Legal in New York State | National Review Online!

Personally, I kind of like the new design. It looks like it is moving forward...

I also like the big "Fuck You" to stupid laws...

Though I suppose it's only a matter of time until they move the goal posts...

Last edited:
Yes, that's right folks, the very same rifle, with all the power it had before, is now again legal in the State of New York.

How is this possible, you ask? Well, manufacturers addressed all the reasons it was made illegal to begin with, these issues being cosmetic, they gave it a new look...

Screen-Shot-2014-02-09-at-8.12.39-AM-630x380.png

When the opponents of “assault weapon” bans argue that it is preposterous for the state to ban firearms based on the way they look, they really mean it. It is. The rifle in the photograph above is no more or less powerful than the one that has been banned; it just looks different.

Manufacturers Change Look of AR-15; Rifle Is Now Legal in New York State | National Review Online!

Personally, I kind of like the new design. It looks like it is moving forward...

I also like the big "Fuck You" to stupid laws...

Though I suppose it's only a matter of time until they move the goal posts...

If I am ever in NY I will add a little pink bow to please the motherfuckers.

idiot media............

THIS as a far, far more popular version of the newly configurated AR.......commonly referred to as "The Spur"..........

Nobody wants the weapon pictured in the article.......but the msm always put the scarier looking weapon on every article. Limpwristers........

Using this weapon means you have to balance it with the opposite hand from the trigger hand = reduced safety. But hey......the gun looks less scary. ALso.....dopes don't mention the biggest design change.......10 rd magazine only.

Last edited:
Who would even want an AR at this point? Limited to a 10 round magazine, this fires 8 with ALOT more power albeit a significant loss of range. I picked one up 10 days ago.......what you call a real zombie killer!!!!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance: Take a head clean off at 50-100 yards.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgPcy-J61lo]MOSSBERG 930 SLUG DESTRUCTION - YouTube[/ame]

With all the dang global warming snow, I cant get to the damn range!!!:banghead:

Last edited:
By the way, I just got my AR last week here in Oregon.

Kewl.......don't even think of coming to visit this rathole which is New York. The new governor is a far left nutter and the new mayor of NYC a communist k00k. Place falls further and further into the shitter each day. Anywhere you drive you got a camera on you. Its awesome.

Oregon sounds sick.......now there is a place to live.

Last edited:
I still don't have an AR.

It's not that I don't want one... I just have no reason to buy one other than the fact that I want one.

It would just sit there in my closet gathering dust and I have better uses for my money.

Forum List

Back