The bank rescue - An Obama miracle.

That in a nutshell is the rub. While Obama's treasury has made improvements to the banking system,

Credit-Default Swap Market Shrinks by Half - Businessweek

the individuals who profited enormously by bringing the economy to it's knees and burdening our children with trillions in debt ... walked away with the money. For example,

Boaz Weinstein - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There have been no improvements to the banking system. The system is being artificially propped up by ultra low rates and competition is severely limited. Regulators literally sit in on every major business decision.
You understand the banks paid back all the money plus interest and the US government made out like a bandit, right? Maybe you should be paying Jamie Dimon back. Or sending him a thank you note.
Meanwhile Fannie/Freddie, which Democrats swore would never become an obligation of the feds, has absorbed billions in dollars without paying it back.

Ooooohhh.

A "ZIRP" er.

You do know who lowered the rates to zero? No?

Hint..

Burning B _ _ _.

:lol:

The only way Bush is responsible for low interest rates is by appointing Bernanke.

Fail, what?

Bush left a colossal mess.

And on each and every front.

By the way..he didn't really do anything to clean it up. With the exception of TARP, which he left as a parting gift for the next guy to implement, he got out of Dodge before the lynch mob came.

Alot of the things the Obama administration had to do were never tried before.

The "fail" was what you guys were suggesting.

Austerity and cutting taxes.

And the "fail" is what the GOP actually did. Create crisis after crisis that caused downgrades and shutting down the government that cost the economy 25 billion.

You're such a joker. I know you're joking because no one can be as stupid as to believe the shit you spew here daily. You're sitting back laughing saying "wow, those guys think I'm serious when I write this crap! I really fooled them!" That's gotta be it.

Says the economic master of peddling guns.

Yeah..that's like asking a hod carrier for his opinion of brain surgery.

The fun thing is, you are always wrong. And provably so.

That's unless one ignores the mainstream press from about anywhere in the world.

I think it's hysterical that you title a thread An Obama Miracle, and when it's pointed out that Bush, not Obama, was responsible for it you turn around and suddenly it's worthless.
It's a measure of how blindly partisan and stupid you are. Like there was any doubt. Still working on the floor of the NYSE, sweeping at nights?

Then one can only wonder why you choose to ask the stupid question (along with adding your typical condescension, can't help yourself? )

LOL, you honestly don't understand the point of the original post you replied to do you (got back and read the part about mattresses, use a dictionary if you have to)? You know trying to deflect by continually pointing to non relevant information might fool some people but it doesn't work on everybody ....

Spare me your gub'mint worshipping blather, heard it all before, still don't buy into it but then again I don't gleefully consume whatever propaganda the statist aplogias throw my way either so I guess I'll never acquire the taste for it.

Bon Appetit

Whatever.

Somalia is in need of an anarchist libertarian like yourself to show them how to stuff mattresses with cash.

Get crackin'

:lol:

That's the spirit, when pure deflection fails, mix it with some ad hominem and give it another shot....... so predictable. :rolleyes:

Mainly because I don't know which America you are talking about.

The lives of a vast amount of Americans were short, miserable and generally in poverty.

The only reason people migrated here was most of the world was much worse, and many were promised either land or jobs.

It was a slow and very painful trudge to the plethora of civil rights and responsible government we see today.

I seriously don't like myth making. And that's what you guys engage in.

You're such a joker. I know you're joking because no one can be as stupid as to believe the shit you spew here daily. You're sitting back laughing saying "wow, those guys think I'm serious when I write this crap! I really fooled them!" That's gotta be it.

That's unless one ignores the mainstream press from about anywhere in the world.

I think it's hysterical that you title a thread An Obama Miracle, and when it's pointed out that Bush, not Obama, was responsible for it you turn around and suddenly it's worthless.
It's a measure of how blindly partisan and stupid you are. Like there was any doubt. Still working on the floor of the NYSE, sweeping at nights?

And like I said..you live in a reality all your own.

Number one with a "bullet".

Last edited:

Yeah the reality is that Bush didnt really come up with TARP and backstop the banks. Keep believing that.
You're such a fucking tool.

Yeah the reality is that Bush didnt really come up with TARP and backstop the banks. Keep believing that.

Who said that?

Bush came up with "TARP" after Lehman went south.

He was looking at a legacy of not only being a complete failure..but one that left the world with a Depression.

Of course he put this together.

Who said that?

He was looking at a legacy of not only being a complete failure..but one that left the world with a Depression.

Good. So you admit that the bank rescue came from Bush. Therefore your thread title was wrong. I think you can go back and change it to "The Bank Rescue: A Bush Miracle."

Who said that?

However, you titled your thread as the bailout being an Obama miracle.

You still have not actually admitted that Obama had nothing to do with the bailout. Your entire thread is premised on a bald faced falsehood.

Who said that?

However, you titled your thread as the bailout being an Obama miracle.

You still have not actually admitted that Obama had nothing to do with the bailout. Your entire thread is premised on a bald faced falsehood.
His entire career here on this board is predicated on falsehood. What else would you expect?

Poster_Obama_Children_Guns_Parents.jpg

I love these types of statist threads. Sure, the federal reserve and the government destroyed the markets. But hey! Look on the bright side, then they saved it by doing the very thing that got us into it in the first place! WOOHOO!

It's as though people have completely lost cognition.

Bush saved the Nation:
Troubled Asset Relief Program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bush's T.A.R.P. Program rescued the financial institutions from the collapse caused by the Democrats Liberal lending Laws that required the Banks to loan money to people who couldn't repay the loan.

it's really that simple.

You have to realize that the people not able to repay those loans is not what was at the heart of the crash but the fact that those banks had leveraged those (and other) assets to be worth many many many times their actual value.

There is MUCH more to this than just bad loans.

Bush saved the Nation:
Troubled Asset Relief Program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bush's T.A.R.P. Program rescued the financial institutions from the collapse caused by the Democrats Liberal lending Laws that required the Banks to loan money to people who couldn't repay the loan.

it's really that simple.

You have to realize that the people not able to repay those loans is not what was at the heart of the crash but the fact that those banks had leveraged those (and other) assets to be worth many many many times their actual value.

There is MUCH more to this than just bad loans.

Absolutely................

Forum List

Back