The bank rescue - An Obama miracle.

Who said that?

Bush came up with "TARP" after Lehman went south.

He was looking at a legacy of not only being a complete failure..but one that left the world with a Depression.

Of course he put this together.
However, you titled your thread as the bailout being an Obama miracle.

You still have not actually admitted that Obama had nothing to do with the bailout. Your entire thread is premised on a bald faced falsehood.
His entire career here on this board is predicated on falsehood. What else would you expect?

Projecting again?

I mean it starts with your username. You're not even Jewish.

:lol:

However, you titled your thread as the bailout being an Obama miracle.

You still have not actually admitted that Obama had nothing to do with the bailout. Your entire thread is premised on a bald faced falsehood.
His entire career here on this board is predicated on falsehood. What else would you expect?

Projecting again?

Why have you not changed the thread title to "A Bush Miracle"?? We have established it was Bush, through TARP, that saved the banks. Obama was a negro-come-lately to the party.

Written by a guy from the Bush administration, no less..

I remember the feeling of dismay at the seemingly half-baked plan while watching the speech with others at a New York City asset management firm where I was talking about the economy. The reaction of equity markets mirrored the unhappiness in that room, with stocks down more than 5 percent that day.

It turns out, however, that the program sketched out by Mr. Geithner both came to pass and made a difference. Five years later, the United States financial sector is in much better condition. Banks have absorbed losses from loans made during the bubble and rebuilt their capital, and investor confidence has returned. Mr. Geithner’s proposals did not all work right away or in the scale initially envisioned. In the end, however, Secretary Geithner deserves credit for making good on what he promised.

By far the most important component of Mr. Geithner’s proposal was a stress test to assess whether banks had “sufficient financial strength to absorb losses and to remain strongly capitalized” in the event of another severe downturn. Led by the Federal Reserve, the stress test involved coming up with forecasts of banks’ financial positions in the event of a hypothetical renewed recession and housing price collapse. Banks that could not make it through this very negative economic scenario would be given six months to raise capital from private investors, after which regulators would have pressed them to accept more TARP capital.

It is hard to remember, but back in the spring of 2009 many people believed that the United States government would nationalize large banks, starting with Citigroup and then moving on to Bank of America and perhaps others. Indeed, according to the New Yorker writer Ryan Lizza, this was a well-founded concern in the sense that nationalization was discussed as a policy option starting with Citigroup and then moving on to Bank of America and perhaps others. Indeed, according to the New Yorker writer Ryan Lizza, this was a well-founded concern in the sense that nationalization was discussed as a policy option by the Obama administration amid a swell of sentiment for this action among economists and columnists.
http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2...php=true&_type=blogs&partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0

Stockholm Syndrome is your friend......... :thup:

Projecting again?

Why have you not changed the thread title to "A Bush Miracle"?? We have established it was Bush, through TARP, that saved the banks. Obama was a negro-come-lately to the party.

And there you go again, like a seal on cue, with the racist crap.

Dance, rummy, Dance!

TARP was Bush's idea; a Democrat majority (both chambers) wrote it and passed it and it became law

libs are losers who lie to themselves

it's great to see left-wing morons brag about the financial health of banks while common folk suffer from record welfare and food stamps in the 8th straight year of Progressive Majority Party Rule in the USA

Projecting again?

Dance, rummy, Dance!

OBAMA; HALF-WHITE, AMERICAN-BORN TRAILER TRASH AND WALKING EXAMPLE OF INEPTITUDE

there ya go Sallow; feel better?

What is such a miracle to throw a very large sum of money at a problem? Is it a miracle that they put out children into massive debt? Yes, maybe it would have been very painful but did we just put off the pain to our children?

Dance, rummy, Dance!

OBAMA; HALF-WHITE, AMERICAN-BORN TRAILER TRASH AND WALKING EXAMPLE OF INEPTITUDE

Feel better about what?

You racists are sorta sad.

Now look and what you gone done.

Baby Jeebus is a cryin'

What is such a miracle to throw a very large sum of money at a problem? Is it a miracle that they put out children into massive debt? Yes, maybe it would have been very painful but did we just put off the pain to our children?

Why is it when folks like Ronnie and Georgie are in Power and the question of debt comes up..you guys are like..

"We have a 20 million billion trillion economy and who's going to collect?"

But when Bill and Barack are in power you guys are like..

"Think of the children!"

Oh, like you're any better, Shallow. And you still refuse to admit that your thread title is a lie. Shouldn't you abandon the thread now and head off to lie somewhere in which you haven't been exposed yet?

Dance, rummy, Dance!

Feel better about what?

Baby Jeebus is a cryin'

Repubs ALWAYS make baby Jeebus cry. It's what they do best. Baby Jeebus just a cryin' and shakin his head wondering why all the rethug racists claim to follow baby Jeebus.

Baby Jeebus doesn't hate black people. Rethugs hate all people unless they are very rich or another whacked out rethug t partier.

Sometimes it makes me and baby Jeebus cry together.

Feel better about what?

Baby Jeebus is a cryin'

Repubs ALWAYS make baby Jeebus cry. It's what they do best. Baby Jeebus just a cryin' and shakin his head wondering why all the rethug racists claim to follow baby Jeebus.

Baby Jeebus doesn't hate black people. Rethugs hate all people unless they are very rich or another whacked out rethug t partier.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!
i see you cant stop crying. what was racist about my post? exactly what?

Feel better about what?

Baby Jeebus is a cryin'

the funniest part is watching you wallow in ignorance.. what color am i left-wing nutjob?

Why is it when folks like Ronnie and Georgie are in Power and the question of debt comes up..you guys are like..

"Think of the children!"

lol! what's even funnier is knowing that Dems voted for every penny of the Bush debt they whine about; then got in office and doubled it

Dems always "think of the children" right?

even as record numbers sink into poverty and welfare under Progressive Majority rule

idiots and hypocrites

"Think of the children!"

It did come up what the hell are you talking about? But, once again, at least with Reagan's debt we got the greatest economic expansion in peacetime history.

The thing about Obama's debt is that it is so much bigger then all of the presidents ahead of him. To ignore what Obama has done, with Bush's help, is just partisan BS. The democrats have been in control for the last 7 years with one full year with a filibuster proof congress. What we see today is a product of the democrats not GWB.

oh and btw LWNJ; the Debt under "Ronnie' was in the hands of the 8-year Democrat-majority House he had holding the purse strings..

i'm sensing a theme; left-wing losers have been making the same cry of helplessness for decades; even when they had the ability to "change" things

idiots and hypocrites

"Think of the children!"

It did come up what the hell are you talking about? But, once again, at least with Reagan's debt we got the greatest economic expansion in peacetime history.

The thing about Obama's debt is that it is so much bigger then all of the presidents ahead of him. To ignore what Obama has done, with Bush's help, is just partisan BS. The democrats have been in control for the last 7 years with one full year with a filibuster proof congress. What we see today is a product of the democrats not GWB.

great point! even though i think technically Dem's filibuster-proof majority was only for 14 weeks

IT DOESNT MATTER ANYWAY!! Why? because Dems NEVER EVEN TRIED to end funding or repeal any of the things they whine about; they voted FOR THEM ALL. and they did this no matter what their status was; minority under Bush, majority under Bush, majority under obama, or split holding the Senate under obama

AND IT DOESNT MATTER ANYWAY..........
because the same left-wing loser crybabies insisting their majority of BOTH chambers of Congress want big ENOUGH; are the very same losers who insist that mean ol Republicans have been able to "obstruct" obama FROM DAY ONE; even though Repubs were the MINORITY OF BOTH CHAMBERS FOR ALL OF OBAMA'S FIRST 2 YEARS

libs are losers who lie to themselves

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!1 my majority of both chambers of Congress isnt big enough to stop mean ol Bush!!

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!1 the Republican MINORITY of both chambers of Congress is "obstructing" my brilliant community organizer!!!!!!

Forum List

Back