The battle for the "Big Fuckin Deal" begins tomorrow!

Whose every fact is Pubcrappe, like yours.

Wow.

Seven words in a post.....you are getting better.

Maybe that electroshock therapy is paying off.

It's to bad you were a moron to start with. Large dosages of voltage to the head don't cure stupidity.

It sucks to be you.

Reagan rules....

Obama drools.....

What is pubcrappe? Duh. See sig pp3. I lost no debate, you are sorely misled is all, dittohead/Pub dupe. All you have is BS talking points and stupid insults. In three years you won't admit you were against ACA.

What is pubcrappe? Duh. See sig pp3. I lost no debate, you are sorely misled is all, dittohead/Pub dupe. All you have is BS talking points and stupid insults. In three years you won't admit you were against ACA.

Still no one bit of supporting argument.

You can't lose because you are not in the game. You sit on the sideline like the fat guys at a hockey game. You hide behind glass and shout like you were tough, but in the end...you are hollow.

I'll admit it now, then and thirty years from now.

ACA is unconstitutional...end of discussion.

There, you FINALLY said something outside of a stupid insult, Pubtroll....obviously I disagree- I think they'll punt, say it has to be implemented first, like Jake Tapper and many legal experts...

[
I don't see q single payer if its struck down. Congress will never go for that after the damage they took from passing this. As to your second point, I'm confident that was the plan all along. Hopefully it fails also.

I didn't state my reasoning behind that prediction, so I will now.

The American health-care system pre-Obamacare is utterly and completely broken. Obamacare itself is also broken, but not as badly. The American people WILL NOT allow the status quo ante to return, period, forget it, no way, no how.

In the end, the only thing that will work is a single-payer system. If the Court returns is to pre-Obamacare, that will be demanded NOW, in a way that Congress simply will not be able to ignore. If it doesn't, then Obamacare will be given a few years to prove how inadequate it is, which means we may have a delay in getting a single-payer system.

If the SCOTUS strikes down Obamacare and Rabbling Romney is elected President, his promise of killing what is left of the law will doom the GOP in the next electoral cucle. The huge outcry from the public will be unprecedented.

You mean like the huge outcry from the public before it was passed?

3 days of testimony begins tomorrow at the SCOTUS for the constitutionality of Obamacare.

Thoughts or predictions? And a live feed isn't available is it?

This is probably the most important issue the SCOTUS has ever presided over. The outcome will either turn America into a tyrannical state, or set precedent to uphold the constitution.

I shudder to think of the America to come should they decide in favor of the individual mandate.

Hyperbolic bullshit.

3 days of testimony begins tomorrow at the SCOTUS for the constitutionality of Obamacare.

I suspect the individual mandate will get overturned but I would not put money on that despite the die hard partisans from both sides claiming a slam dunk for their side this thing is really up in the air.

On legal grounds, it's Constitutional, due to the Commerce Clause. But that won't stop Clarence Thomas from voting against it. He's the worst hack ever to sit on the SCOTUS.

The 'live' feed will have a 2 hour delay.

This is probably the most important issue the SCOTUS has ever presided over. The outcome will either turn America into a tyrannical state, or set precedent to uphold the constitution.

I shudder to think of the America to come should they decide in favor of the individual mandate.

Hyperbolic bullshit.
It's not even the most important in this term. :lol:

There are people camped outside the building. Been there for 3 days hoping to be the first in line to get seats. I just don't understand why a live feed is not allowed. One pool camera. Let everyone see what's going on rather than a select few who had nothing better to do in their lives than camp on a public sidewalk.

It's not allowed because the members of the court get to decide and they don't want it. I can imagine why they don't want every time they scratch their nose or belch to be recorded for the next 100 generations to view over and over again.

On legal grounds, it's Constitutional, due to the Commerce Clause. But that won't stop Clarence Thomas from voting against it. He's the worst hack ever to sit on the SCOTUS.

liberals have bastardized the Commerce Clause to mean something totally different from it's original intent.
The Constitution's Article I, Section 8, paragraph 3 gives Congress authority "To regulate Commerce with Foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes." During the war, the thirteen colonies formed a union under the Articles of Confederation (1778) whereby, "Each state retains its sovereignty, freedom, and independence, and every power, jurisdiction, and right, which is not by this Confederation expressly delegated to the United States, in Congress assembled." The Treaty of Paris (1783) that ended the war between the colonies and Great Britain recognized thirteen sovereign nations.

Commerce Clause Abuse

It would be great if they blew it up and killed the whole commerce clause twist at the same time.

Only in my dreams.

There, you FINALLY said something outside of a stupid insult, Pubtroll....obviously I disagree- I think they'll punt, say it has to be implemented first, like Jake Tapper and many legal experts...

You still don't argue...you just drop a few meaningless names.

What you stated was your opinion.

Here are a few facts related to the USC.....

First, from Madison....in Federalist 45 (I recommend 10/39/44/45/46).

The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation, and foreign commerce; with which last the power of taxation will, for the most part, be connected. The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State.
The operations of the federal government will be most extensive and important in times of war and danger; those of the State governments, in times of peace and security. As the former periods will probably bear a small proportion to the latter, the State governments will here enjoy another advantage over the federal government. The more adequate, indeed, the federal powers may be rendered to the national defense, the less frequent will be those scenes of danger which might favor their ascendancy over the governments of the particular States.

And if you need it summarized.....

Madison did that quite well in the Bill of Rights (part of the USC)

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

And please don't even try the General Welfare Clause. If that clause were to mean what you wished it meant, the states would have all folded 200 years ago and we'd be just one big fat mess.

Hyperbolic bullshit.

Ignorant nonsense.

Segregation, the right to due process, and the right to equal access to the law were all significantly more important issues.

On legal grounds, it's Constitutional, due to the Commerce Clause.

That and there are no criminal or civil penalties for failure to abide the ‘mandate.’

Hyperbolic bullshit.

Ignorant nonsense.

Segregation, the right to due process, and the right to equal access to the law were all significantly more important issues.

On legal grounds, it's Constitutional, due to the Commerce Clause.

That and there are no criminal or civil penalties for failure to abide the ‘mandate.’
There is no that.
Also the penalty is a tax levied by congress.

But here's what I will do stop working and have no taxes to pay. I will advise anyone and everyone that has a skill and can work for cash to join me and do the same thing. The government cannot tax what they can't get.

I will never understand what dupes have against guaranteed affordable healthcare. Some moot 18th century gibberish. MOOT!

The LAW HAS MOVED ON, dingbats...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back