The Best Solution ...

KittenKoder

Sep 21, 2008
Nowhere
This over spending on stupid crap from our governments is pissing me off. For example, in our city they over charged some customers for water several years ago, so to pay them back for the lawsuit they won they are raising the rates of the other customers. So here's a solution to all this shit happening:

If they work in the government and have any say in how the budget is used, any money lost from any decision they make should be paid right from their own pockets. The threat of them not getting reelected hasn't worked for a while, so make them actually pay for their mistakes, all of them, even the president. Stop making us foot the bill for their errors.

Any other good ideas?

Transparency on the government website that is so good that you can literally see where each bit of money goes to. And the ability for civilians to bring the government to court if money is being used wrongly (corruption) based on this transparency.

Transparency on the government website that is so good that you can literally see where each bit of money goes to. And the ability for civilians to bring the government to court if money is being used wrongly (corruption) based on this transparency.

This isn't the problem, we can already, it's just they don't pay for it we do. If we could sue the individuals for it instead of just the government then perhaps that would change, but then they'd just award themselves raises to cover it and again we'd still front the bill.

Transparent my ass, were going to see 800 billion dollars laundered right under our noses ........

Transparent my ass, were going to see 800 billion dollars laundered right under our noses ........

We re fucked anyway, we should have voted for someone else in 2004. This economy is the problem, not the bailouts.

Why do people always have to vote for the guy they d drink a beer with? Don't they know that bush stopped drinking :tongue:?

We re fucked anyway, we should have voted for someone else in 2004. This economy is the problem, not the bailouts.

Why do people always have to vote for the guy they d drink a beer with? Don't they know that bush stopped drinking :tongue:?

Let me guess, you actually think Jr. was responsible for this mess ...
Now the cons will have Obama to push the blame onto ...
Great, so no one will want to admit the truth now. It's OUR fault this mess happened, it's OUR fault the government is out of control, it's OUR fault they stopped caring about us. Fess up and take your share of the blame, okay, then we can move on and DO something about it. Jr. just didn't handle it well, and nor is Obama, neither caused it, none of the presidents did really, though partisanship is probably the reason it's gotten so out of control, but it's US who really fucked up.

Great, so no one will want to admit the truth now. It's OUR fault this mess happened, it's OUR fault the government is out of control, it's OUR fault they stopped caring about us. Fess up and take your share of the blame, okay, then we can move on and DO something about it. Jr. just didn't handle it well, and nor is Obama, neither caused it, none of the presidents did really, though partisanship is probably the reason it's gotten so out of control, but it's US who really fucked up.

To blame for this economic mess: the Fed, US congress, US house of representatives, ... -> on the steering wheel of this ship at the time of the accident: captain Jr

Yes the rest fucked up too, but captain Jr bares responsibility for the organization of his crew (bad or good). Isn't he supposed to lead the government?

Don't expect me to say: "oh that poor president" . He fucked something up of which he shouldn't have the power over in the first place. IMAO this guy was never suited for the presidency, but that doesn't take away the responsibility of the presidency itself. When he takes credit for the good things that happen under him, he also needs to take blame for the bad things that happen under him.

I m getting disgusted by both dems and republicans for keeping to shift the blame on each other, they just prove with that that they are both guilty. Guilty of failure to govern. Guilty of not putting the peoples interests first but their own interests. Thinking back of the Mccain republican slogan : "country first" , makes it just even more idiotic.

The worst part of it is that republicans think they did everything right, while I remember Obama saying during the elections that "we re both to blame for this" (which gives him credit IMO). Yeah, I too remember democrats not taking blame for it: fuck em.

What makes me even more angry is that not only republicans refuse to publicly take the blame for what is happened, they don't even acknowledge themselves that their economic policy of the last years had failed. Their solution instead of this bailout is to do NOTHING or to give only tax-cuts.

And then to see that they keep playing their political games: republican governors lobby in washington for bailout money while the republican senators vote against it for electoral opportunity. What I see is that democrats are taking risks and republicans are just abusing the situation.

Yes it is our fault, but I don't see US all taking responsibility. Tell me what constructive things the republicans have done to solve the crisis (which they were responsible for in the first place)? What bipartisan behavior have republicans showed in this miserable time for the US?

Last edited:

To blame for this economic mess: the Fed, US congress, US house of representatives, ... -> on the steering wheel of this ship at the time of the accident: captain Jr

Yes the rest fucked up too, but captain Jr bares responsibility for the organization of his crew (bad or good). Isn't he supposed to lead the government?

Don't expect me to say: "oh that poor president" . He fucked something up of which he shouldn't have the power over in the first place. IMAO this guy was never suited for the presidency, but that doesn't take away the responsibility of the presidency itself. When he takes credit for the good things that happen under him, he also needs to take blame for the bad things that happen under him.

I m getting disgusted by both dems and republicans for keeping to shift the blame on each other, they just prove with that that they are both guilty. Guilty of failure to govern. Guilty of not putting the peoples interests first but their own interests. Thinking back of the Mccain republican slogan : "country first" , makes it just even more idiotic.

The worst part of it is that republicans think they did everything right, while I remember Obama saying during the elections that "we re both to blame for this" (which gives him credit IMO). Yeah, I too remember democrats not taking blame for it: fuck em.

What makes me even more angry is that not only republicans refuse to publicly take the blame for what is happened, they don't even acknowledge themselves that their economic policy of the last years had failed. Their solution instead of this bailout is to do NOTHING or to give only tax-cuts.

And then to see that they keep playing their political games: republican governors lobby in washington for bailout money while the republican senators vote against it for electoral opportunity. What I see is that democrats are taking risks and republicans are just abusing the situation.

Yes it is our fault, but I don't see US all taking responsibility. Tell me what constructive things the republicans have done to solve the crisis (which they were responsible for in the first place)? What bipartisan behavior have republicans showed in this miserable time for the US?

You already made the major flaw in your thinking bold, so here it is: The president is suppose to listen to us, NOT lead us. It's because people expected him to lead that the whole thing got as bad as it did, and it's because of people living out of their own means that started it.

This over spending on stupid crap from our governments is pissing me off. For example, in our city they over charged some customers for water several years ago, so to pay them back for the lawsuit they won they are raising the rates of the other customers.

:cuckoo: wtf did you think the money would come out of thin air?

of course they had raise rates..:lol:

This over spending on stupid crap from our governments is pissing me off. For example, in our city they over charged some customers for water several years ago, so to pay them back for the lawsuit they won they are raising the rates of the other customers.

:cuckoo: wtf did you think the money would come out of thin air?

of course they had raise rates..:lol:

No, it should come from the pockets of the politicians who made the mistake since they profited from it not us.

You ask "Any other good ideas?".....are you seeking a final solution for this problem?

You already made the major flaw in your thinking bold, so here it is: The president is suppose to listen to us, NOT lead us. It's because people expected him to lead that the whole thing got as bad as it did, and it's because of people living out of their own means that started it.

The President leads the Executive Branch of the Federal Government and is one of only two elected members of the Executive Branch
President of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Make politicians liable from their own pocket if they make a bad decision. it will never happen. Even if somehow we managed to get politicians to agree to it. Its just going to discourage everyone from every running for office. What good is Congress if no one wants to run? If they are in Congress they wont spend anything. And while controled spending is the goal they have to spend some money. Particularly on national defense.

Seriously, it will never happen.

And anyone who thinks any President can dictate what happens in an economy is an idiot. The best the President can do is instill confidence in the markets. And that happens by getting out of the markets way and letting them do their job.

Make politicians liable from their own pocket if they make a bad decision. it will never happen. Even if somehow we managed to get politicians to agree to it. Its just going to discourage everyone from every running for office. What good is Congress if no one wants to run? If they are in Congress they wont spend anything. And while controled spending is the goal they have to spend some money. Particularly on national defense.

So you enjoy paying for their mistakes even though they already take most of our taxes in wages while making these mistakes?

Kitt no one enjoys paying for the mistakes politicians make. And we always pay one way or the other for the mistakes politicians make. The only real way to limit the size of the payment we have to make is to minimize the impact they can have on our lives. And the only way we can do that is to limit the size and scope of government at all levels not just the feds. CA. would be a basket case no matter what happens in the rest of the country because they ahve chosen to maximize the impact of government in everyone's life.

Kitt no one enjoys paying for the mistakes politicians make. And we always pay one way or the other for the mistakes politicians make. The only real way to limit the size of the payment we have to make is to minimize the impact they can have on our lives. And the only way we can do that is to limit the size and scope of government at all levels not just the feds. CA. would be a basket case no matter what happens in the rest of the country because they ahve chosen to maximize the impact of government in everyone's life.

That's a good solution ... and I agree.

Forum List

Back