The Bible Condemns Witchcraft

Did you know that Lucifer cannot fight against the Blood of Jesus Christ? It's true. Are you being attacked in your mind? Body? Plead the Blood of Jesus Christ. Sing songs about the Blood of Jesus. God inhabits the praises of His people. When God shows up? The enemy has to flee! Sing this one:

Read the Word of God every single day. Read the Word of God out loud. Speak the Word of God continually over every cicumstance you face. God is for you, Christian. If God be for you, who can stand against you? There is no more powerful force in the Universe than Jesus Christ. He is God. Thank God for the Blood of Jesus Christ and than God for the Word of God! Knowing who you are in Christ is important. Know who you are in Christ. Learn what Jesus says about you. When you become a born again Christian you have been given the righteousness of Jesus Christ. The Lord looks at you and says there is my righteous child. The righteous are not fearful. The righteous are bold. Those who are sons of perdition, those who are perishing are fearful but the righteous are not fearful. The righteous are bold.

It is written:
Proverbs 28 1 The wicked flee though no one pursues but the righteous are as bold as a lion.

Context
The Righteous are as Bold as a Lion
1The wicked flee when no one is pursuing, But the righteous are bold as a lion. 2By the transgression of a land many are its princes, But by a man of understanding and knowledge, so it endures.…
Cross References
Leviticus 26:17
I will set my face against you so that you will be defeated by your enemies; those who hate you will rule over you, and you will flee even when no one is pursuing you
.Leviticus 26:36
"'As for those of you who are left, I will make their hearts so fearful in the lands of their enemies that the sound of a windblown leaf will put them to flight. They will run as though fleeing from the sword, and they will fall, even though no one is pursuing them.
2 Kings 7:7
So they got up and fled in the dusk and abandoned their tents and their horses and donkeys. They left the camp as it was and ran for their lives.
Nehemiah 6:11
But I said, "Should a man like me run away? Or should someone like me go into the temple to save his life? I will not go!"
Psalm 53:5
But there they are, overwhelmed with dread, where there was nothing to dread. God scattered the bones of those who attacked you; you put them to shame, for God despised them.
When God is for you? You have nothing to fear. When God is against you? You have ever reason to fear. It is written: God is angry with the wicked every day. If that describes you? Repent. Call on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved. Romans 10: 9, 10

Witchcraft Can Destroy You

A succession of instances of demon possession appear in the New Testament—the two Gergesenes, the dumb man, the blind and dumb man, the Syrophenician’s daughter, the lunatic child, the man in the synagogue, and Mary Magdalene. These devils were cast out by Jesus (Matt. 4:24; 8:16; Luke 8:2). Power over demons was also given by Christ to His disciples, and they too cast them out.
Demons are always—without exception—the adversaries of man (1 Peter 5:8; Matt. 12:45) and they bear false messages. Nevertheless, they “believe [that God exists] and tremble,” and are to be judged (James 2:19; Matt. 8:29) and punished (Luke 8:28; 2 Peter 2:4; Rev. 12:7-9). Of this they are very much aware.
Next, we want to learn what the Bible teaches about sorcery and witchcraft. The Scriptures are very clear about this!
Of the various occult activities being done in Bible times, sorcery (witchcraft) was most widely named as practiced among the nations. Sorcery is divination through the assistance of evil spirits. It was practiced among the Egyptians (Isa. 19:3, 11-13), by the Ninevites (Nahum 3:4), and also by the Babylonians (Isa. 47:9-13; Eze. 21:21-22; Dan. 2:2, 10, 27). It was likewise exercised by such individuals as Balaam (Num. 22:6-7; 23:23) and Jezebel (2 Kgs. 9:22). In New Testament times it was practiced by Simon Magus (Acts 8:9, 11), Elymas (Acts 13:8), the damsel at Philippi (Acts 16:16), and the sons of Sceva (Acts 19:13-15).
Are we told to avoid these things?
God expressly forbade us to consult “familiar spirits” (Lev. 19:31; 20:6, 27; Deut. 18:10-11; Isa. 8:19; 19:3) or to have anything to do with necromancy—which is trying to contact dead people (Deut. 18:11; 26:14; Isa. 8:19). Wizardry was similarly prohibited (Ex. 22:18; Lev. 19:31; 20:6, 27). And, under the theocracy, witches were to be destroyed (1 Sam. 28:3, 9).
All divination was strictly forbidden (Lev. 19:26-28, 31; 20:6; Deut. 18:9-14). All contact of this sort was denounced, as was all divining by means of “familiar spirits” (Lev. 20:27). Sorcerers were strictly forbidden (Ex. 22:18; Deut. 18:10-12), with warnings against their deceptions (Jer. 27:9-10) and their punishment foretold (Micah 5:12; Mal. 3:5; Rev. 21:8).
What does the Bible teach about those who practiced witchcraft and other satanic arts?

According to Scripture, many in ancient Israel “sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the Lord (2 Kgs. 17:16-17). By their sins, they gave themselves into the control of Satan, who then used them to capture still others who sought them for advice! They did this by necromancy, witchcraft, sorcery, familiar spirits, etc., and thus became the slaves of the demonic powers behind the occult and mysterious rites.
Because of their evil influence, and the reliance of some upon them and the “spirits,” witchcraft and wizardry were sternly forbidden.
Spiritualists are an abomination to God“There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch . . or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the Lord: and because of these abominations the Lord thy God doth drive them out from before thee. Thou shalt be perfect with the Lord thy God.”—Deuteronomy 18:10-13.
Have nothing to do with them“Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the Lord your God.”—Leviticus 19:31.
Do not listen to their lies“Therefore hearken not ye to . . your enchanters, nor to your sorcerers . . for they prophesy a lie unto you, to remove you far from your land.”—Jeremiah 27:9-10.
God will judge them severely—“And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers.”—Malachi 3:5.
God does not want them to continue to live—“Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.”—Exodus 22:18. “A man also or a woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death.”—Leviticus 20:27.
We should not ask advice of an evil spirit. King Saul died because he did this—“Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the Lord, even against the word of the Lord, which he kept not, and also for asking counsel of one that had a familiar spirit, to inquire of it; and inquired not of the Lord; therefore He slew him.”—1 Chronicles 10:13-14. (See 1 Samuel 28:7-15).
We are commanded not to go to them, lest we be defiled“Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the Lord your God.”—Leviticus 19:31.
Those that go to them will be cut off“The soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a-whoring after them, I will even set My face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people.”—Leviticus 20:6.
Spiritualists will not go to heaven“Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies . . I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.”—Galatians 5:20-21.

Witchcraft Can Destroy You
These evil spirits get people to kill animals, and injure and murder people.
“Murder after murder has been linked to the [witchcraft and spirit séance] craze, with the murderers openly admitting to police or to reporters that they worshiped Satan. Police, more and more frequently, are finding grim evidence of both animal and human sacrifices.”—George Vandeman, Psychic Roulette, p. 100.
“The worship of Satan has deep historical roots. Known as satanism, it is found expressed in various ways. Black magic, so-called “white magic,” the Black Mass, facets of the drug culture, and blood sacrifice all have connections with satanism.
(In Escape from Witchcraft, Roberta Blankenship explains what two girls, both satanists, wrote to her as part of their initiation ritual):
“They had to go to a graveyard in the dead of night, walk across a man-sized cross, and denounce any belief in Christ. Afterwards, a ritual was performed and the girls had to drink the blood of animals that had been skinned alive.”—Roberta Blankenship, Escape from Witchcraft, p. 1.
“In April 1973, the battered, mutilated body of a 17-year-old boy, Ross ‘Mike’ Cochran, was found outside of Daytona Beach, Florida. An Associated Press story said, ‘The verdict of police is that Cochran was the victim of devil worshipers, killed in a frenzied sacrificial ritual.’
“Lynn McMillon, Oklahoma Christian College professor, reports, ‘One variety of satanism consists primarily of sex clubs that embellish their orgies with satanist rituals. Another variety of satanists use street drugs in their rites.’ ”—Lynn Walker, Supernatural Power and the Occult, p. 1.
It is extremely dangerous to consult a spirit or spiritualist, for it can bring great injury to your mind and body.
“Dr. Franz Volgyesi, an outstanding physician, for a time took part in spiritualistic phenomena through the services of a medium called Lazlo. As a demonstration of the influence of spiritualistic activity on the medium, Volgyesi wrote: ‘Then Lazlo suffered much hard luck, sickness, and emotional upsets. He pushed many men, who came to him seeking guidance through the spirits, to the point of suicide.’ Finally he and a girl friend decided to commit suicide themselves. With their arms around each other, Lazlo put a bullet through both of them in the region of the heart. The girl died, but he recovered . . After my experience with Lazlo I stopped the personal work and investigations that I had begun in the spirit world. It is too dangerous.”—Franz Volgyesi, The Soul is Everything, p. 289.
“Obsessional fascination is common and serious, for the person is completely captivated. The spirit that dominates him takes possession of his confidence, and even paralyzes his own judgment.”—Allan Kardec, What is Spiritualism? pp. 95-96.
Dr. Merrill F. Unger, author of four books on occultism and demons, wrote this:
“The psychic bondage and oppression that traffickers in occultism themselves suffer, as well as their dupes, is horrifying to contemplate.”—M.F. Unger, Demons in the World Today, p. 95.
“Both psychiatry and psychology recognize the adverse effects of spiritistic activity upon the mind. Symptoms of split personality appear after sustained dealings in the occult. Psychiatry defines the resulting disorder as mediumistic psychosis.”—Ibid., p. 59.
Dr. John Warwick Montgomery, a trial attorney, has authored or edited several books on the occult. He wrote this:
“There is a definite correlation between negative occult activity and madness. European psychiatrist L. Szondi has shown a high correlation between involvement in spiritualism and occultism, on one hand, and schizophrenia on the other. The tragedy of most sorcery, invocation of demons, and related practices is that those who carry on these activities refuse to face the fact that they always turn out for the worst. What is received through the Faustian past never satisfies, and one pays with one’s soul in the end.”—J.W. Montgomery, Principalities and Powers: the World of the Occult, p. 149.
“This obsessional subjugation [of the person to the spirit] is a physical coercion always produced by these very evil spirits, which can, when they wish, totally neutralize his free will. Sometimes it is limited to simple disagreeable impressions; sometimes it causes disorderly movements, such as shouts and incoherent or insulting words.”—Allan Kardec, What is Spiritualism? p. 96.
“Dr. Carl A. Wickland, M.D., a physician, accomplished spiritist, and researcher in psychology . . became an acknowledged authority in the area of spiritism and the occult . . Wickland’s life was similar to that of the great Emanuel Swedenborg, the famous spiritist of the eighteenth century. Though both Swedenborg and Wickland practiced spiritism extensively, both issued stern warnings about its dangers. He said ‘a great number of unaccountable suicides are due to the possessing influence of spirits. Some of these spirits are actuated by a desire to torment their victims’ (Wickland, Thirty Years Among the Dead, p. 132). —Yet they are tormenting their own followers!
“According to his own extensive experience, he observed that spiritism frequently causes ‘apparent insanity, varying in degrees from a simple mental aberration to, and including, all types of dementia, hysteria, epilepsy, melancholia, shell shock, kleptomania, idiocy, suicidal mania, as well as amnesia, functional bestiality, atrocities, and other forms of criminality’ (ibid., p. 17).
“In fact, his book devotes entire chapters to the spirits’ influence in fostering suicide, criminal practices, drug use, and other unsavory activities. ‘In many cases of revolting murder, investigation will show that the crimes were committed by innocent persons under the control of disembodied spirits’ (ibid., p. 116).
“Wickland is not alone in his assessment of the psychological dangers of occult practice. Some authorities think that a significant percentage of those institutionalized in mental hospitals may be suffering from mental illness induced by occult practice and/or demonization . . Dr. Koch mentions . . a Christian psychiatrist who believes that up to half of the inmates in his psychiatric clinic are suffering from occult oppression rather than true mental illness . .
“Roger L. Moore, psychologist of religion at Chicago Theological Seminary, observes that ‘there are haunting parallels’ between the paranoid schizophrenic and the deeply involved occultist. He also stated at a four-day symposium of the American Academy of Religion, ‘Participation in the occult is dangerous for persons who are the most interested in it . . A lot of them have become paranoid psychotics’ (R. L. Moore, quoted in Los Angeles Times, December 30, 1977).”—John Ankerberg and John Weldon, The Facts on the Occult, p. 27.

Oy

I guess christian rock bands are satanists too.

I most certainly would not advocate listening to them. The old time Gospel hyms, worship music with piano or organ is lovely - rock and electric guitar is out - does not belong in a church - no way. I wouldn't attend one using that sort of band. Not even for a visit. It is demon music set to christian lyrics. Even if the people don't realize it. Now that I do? I woudn't have anything to do with it - listen to John Todd's testimony.

The bible also condemns greed, but when was the last time you ranted about that epidemic?

If you had been paying attention you would know I believe prosperity preachers are going to hell if they don't repent. Same goes for the church goers into all of that. God is not a slot machine. Read James Chapter 5 on money. The greedy are hell bound.

You wote a thread which troubles me, Shart, congratulating a person for leaderboard winner - a person I care very much about - Moonglow - perhaps as you are relatively new - you didn't know it - and wrote an OP about a hot tub, prostitutes and blow which is cocaine for those reading - and this was what you were presenting as your idea of a way to celebrate and party. Christian? A backslidden Christian perhaps but what good will that do you if you do not repent and face God tonight? You see, without holiness no one will see the LORD. If you do not want to believe the bible enough to do what it says?

Please stop provoking the LORD to anger with your misrepresentations of Him to others.

I don't know what thread you're talking about.

Gimme the link to it, please.

Oy

I guess christian rock bands are satanists too.

I most certainly would not advocate listening to them. The old time Gospel hyms, worship music with piano or organ is lovely - rock and electric guitar is out - does not belong in a church - no way. I wouldn't attend one using that sort of band. Not even for a visit. It is demon music set to christian lyrics. Even if the people don't realize it. Now that I do? I woudn't have anything to do with it - listen to John Todd's testimony.

Christian rock is nothing new...first big hit with it was 45 years ago!

Honestly...Billy Joel's River of Dreams is pretty much a gospel song. (Most of the words were inspired directly from the Bible.)

Guess if you're anti-witchcraft you're against the US military huh? They love it:

US ARMY CHAPLAIN S HANDBOOK EXCERPT ON WICCA

"WICCA
bullet ADDRESS: No central address. Wiccan worship groups, called covens, are essentially autonomous. Many, but far from all, have affiliated with: Covenant of the Goddess, P.O. Box 1226 Berkeley, CA 94704
bullet OTHER NAMES BY WHICH KNOWN: Witchcraft; Goddess worshippers; Neo-Paganism, Paganism, Norse (or any other ethnic designation) Paganism, Earth Religion, Old Religion, Druidism, Shamanism. Note: All of these groups have some basic similarities and many surface differences of expression with Wicca.
bullet LEADERSHIP: No central leadership. The Covenant of the Goddess annually elects a First Officer and there is a constitutional limit of two consecutive terms, but in practice officers have almost always served for one year only. In 1991, there are two co-First Officers, Phoenix Whitebirch and Brandy Williams.
bullet MEMBERSHIP: Because of the complete autonomy of covens, this cannot be determined. There are an estimated of 50,000 Wiccans in the United States (1).
bullet HISTORICAL ORIGIN: Wicca is a reconstruction of the Nature worship of tribal Europe, strongly influenced by the living Nature worship traditions of tribal peoples in other parts of the world. The works of such early twentieth century writers as Margaret Murray, Robert Graves and Gerald B. Gardner began the renewal of interest in the Old Religion. After the repeal of the anti-Witchcraft laws in Britain in 1951, Gardner publicly declared himself a Witch and began to gather a group of students and worshipers. In 1962, two of his students, Raymond and Rosemary Buckland (religious names: Lady Rowen and Robat), emigrated to the United States and began teaching Gardnerian Witchcraft here. At the same time, other groups of people became interested through reading books by Gardner and others. Many covens were spontaneously formed, using rituals created from a combination of research and individual inspiration. These self-created covens are today regarded as just as valid as those who can trace a "lineage" of teaching back to England. In 1975, a very diverse group of covens who wanted to secure the legal protections and benefits of church status formed Covenant of the Goddess (CoG), which is incorporated in the State of California and recognized by the Internal Revenue Service. CoG does not represent all, or even a majority of Wiccans. A coven or an individual need not be affiliated with CoG in order to validly practice the religion. But CoG is the largest single public Wiccan organization, and it is cross-Traditional (i.e. non-denominational).
bullet BASIC BELIEFS: Wiccans worship the sacred as immanent in Nature, often personified as Mother Earth and Father Sky. As polytheists, they may use many other names for Deity. Individuals will often choose Goddesses or Gods from any of the world's pantheons whose stories are particularly inspiring and use those Deities as a focus for personal devotions. Similarly, covens will use particular Deity names as a group focus, and these are often held secret by the groups. It is very important to be aware that Wiccans do not in any way worship or believe in "Satan," "the Devil," or any similar entities. They point out that "Satan" is a symbol of rebellion against and inversion of the Christian and Jewish traditions. Wiccans do not revile the Bible. They simply regard it as one among many of the world's mythic systems, less applicable than some to their core values, but still deserving just as much respect as any of the others. Most Wiccan groups also practice magic, by which they mean the direction and use of "psychic energy," those natural but invisible forces which surround all living things. Some members spell the word "magick," to distinguish it from sleight of hand entertainments. Wiccans employ such means as dance, chant, creative visualization and hypnosis to focus and direct psychic energy for the purpose of healing, protecting and aiding members in various endeavors. Such assistance is also extended to non-members upon request. Many, but not all, Wiccans believe in reincarnation. Some take this as a literal description of what happens to people when they die. For others, it is a symbolic model that helps them deal with the cycles and changes within this life. Neither Reincarnation nor any other literal belief can be used as a test of an individual's validity as a member of the Old Religion. Most groups have a handwritten collection of rituals and lore, known as a Book of Shadows. Part of the religious education of a new member will be to hand copy this book for him or herself. Over they years, as inspiration provides, new material will be added. Normally, access to these books is limited to initiated members of the religion.
bullet PRACTICES AND BEHAVIORAL STANDARDS: The core ethical statement of Wicca, called the "Wiccan Rede" states "an it harm none, do what you will." The Rede fulfills the same function as does the "Golden Rule" for Jews and Christians; all other ethical teachings are considered to be elaborations and applications of the Rede. It is a statement of situational ethics, emphasizing at once the individual's responsibility to avoid harm to others and the widest range of personal autonomy in "victimless" activities. Wicca has been described as having a "high-choice" ethic. Because of the basic Nature orientation of the religion, many Wiccans will regard all living things as Sacred, and show a special concern for ecological issues. For this reason, individual conscience will lead some to take a pacifist position. Some are vegetarians. Others will feel that, as Nature's Way includes self-defense, they should participate in wars that they conscientiously consider to be just. The religion does not dictate either position, but requires each member to thoughtfully and meditatively examine her or his own conscience and to live by it. Social forces generally do not yet allow Witches to publicly declare their religious faith without fear of reprisals such as loss of job, child custody challenges, ridicule, etc. Prejudice against Wiccans is the result of public confusion between Witchcraft and Satanism. Wiccans in the military, especially those who may be posted in countries perceived to be particularly intolerant, will often have their dogtags read "No Religious Preference." Concealment is a traditional Wiccan defense against persecution, so non-denominational dogtags should not contravene a member's request for religious services. Wiccans celebrate eight festivals, called "Sabbats," as a means of attunement to the seasonal rhythms of Nature. These are:
bullet January 31 [Called Oimelc, Brigit, or February Eve],
bullet March 21 [Ostara or Spring Equinox],
bullet April 30 [Beltane or May Eve],
bullet June 22 [Midsummer, Litha or Summer Solstice],
bullet July 31 [Lunasa or Lammas],
bullet September 21 [Harvest, Mabon or Autumn Equinox],
bullet October 31 [Samhain, Sowyn or Hallows], and
bullet December 21 [Yule or Winter Solstice].

Some groups find meetings within a few days of those dates to be acceptable, others require the precise date. In addition, most groups will meet for worship at each Full Moon, and many will also meet on the New Moon. Meetings for religious study will often be scheduled at any time convenient to the members, and rituals can be scheduled whenever there is a need (i.e. for a healing). Ritual jewelry is particularly important to many Wiccans. In addition to being a symbol of religious dedication, these talismans are often blessed by the coven back home and felt to carry the coven's protective and healing energy."

Since you obviously know what the BIble says about this Jeremiah, why aren't you obeying the Bible and putting them to death via stoning?

Kill Fortunetellers

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Isn't being a hypocrite also condemned?

Embarassing page here about how Christians are the biggest hypocrites (with chapter and verse so they can't refute it without dismissing their own Bibles.) :)

Christians Are Hypocrites

There has never been any such things as "actual" witches that could cast successfull spells against humans. The Salem witch trials were just murders by the community government because some children started pointing fingers at various people and claiming that they were witches. When the state got involved they said they would no longer prosecute people for witchcraft, as the accused were killed either way.
Later, the children confessed that they just called people witches for fun. Punishment for the children? None. Kids will be kids.
If actual witches existed, they'd rule the world with their spells and incantations. Those that claim to be Wiccans, are just harmless people playing at being spell makers via potions.
I do believe that it's time Jeremiah joined the 21st century. He's been stuck in the middle-ages for too long.

Pinhead Omens

The celebrated Clive Barker horror film "Hellraiser" (1987) presents as its underworld nemesis, a voodoo demon doll-like man-creature named Pinhead. Pinhead curses those foolish enough to venture into realms of daredevil courage.

The character Pinhead is partially inspired by witchcraft pinhead voodoo dolls meant to curse someone. The ritual goes that you take the pinhead doll and stick pins in it after using an incantation to attach the name of a real person (someone you despise) to the doll, and sticking pins in it should bring actual harm to the person named.

The demonic character of Pinhead in "Hellraiser" (1987) reveals a society fascination with using pagan ideas or Satanic ideas to characterize 'anti-social intent.'

The Bible warns against such nihilistic fervor, since it complicates discussions about sin confession.

:afro:

Hellraiser - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

pinhead.jpg

Pinhead Omens

The celebrated Clive Barker horror film "Hellraiser" (1987) presents as its underworld nemesis, a voodoo demon doll-like man-creature named Pinhead. Pinhead curses those foolish enough to venture into realms of daredevil courage.

The character Pinhead is partially inspired by witchcraft pinhead voodoo dolls meant to curse someone. The ritual goes that you take the pinhead doll and stick pins in it after using an incantation to attach the name of a real person (someone you despise) to the doll, and sticking pins in it should bring actual harm to the person named.

The demonic character of Pinhead in "Hellraiser" (1987) reveals a society fascination with using pagan ideas or Satanic ideas to characterize 'anti-social intent.'

The Bible warns against such nihilistic fervor, since it complicates discussions about sin confession.

:afro:

Hellraiser - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

View attachment 32634

Sounds to me like you've seen the movie. A few times, maybe. :badgrin:

The bible also condemns having any part in celebrating occult holy days such as Halloween - October 31st - Nov. 1st and this would include any religions trying to make it into a christian day. It is a day that is full of baal worship and the Christians should have no part of it. To partake in the holy days of Satan is to invite demons into your life - your home - give open permission for them to indwell your children even. Have nothing to do with the evil works of darkness but rather expose them.

The term witchcraft is one of the most frequently misunderstood, misinterpreted words in the entirety of The Bible.

Translated from the Greek word pharmakeia, witchcraft as found in Galatians 5:20 means sorcery via potions.

That's incidentally why so many women were killed by The Church in the Dark Ages, because the little old lady in the woods was thought to have been a witch by virtue of the home brews she made which healed people.

Accordingly with the Greek translation of the word for witchcraft, the equivalent of a witch or warlock today would be a drug dealer or pharmacist.

I guess that means Walter White's in trouble, eh? :badgrin:

Pharmakeia The Abuse of Drugs

There weren't any women "killed by the church" in the Dark Ages. The Dark Ages was the period of time in Britain/Europe BEFORE the church was established, after the Romans withdrew...people were essentially pagans at that time, and the church hadn't arrived to teach people to read and write. The term "dark" refers to the fact that because there was very little church involvement, there's not much known because there's no (or very little) written history.

In fact, the numbers of women "killed by the church" for witchcraft were miniscule. Women (and men) were killed for HERESY by various and assorted government groups, in the NAME of the church, but these (including the Salem incidents) were political, not religious, killings...and the numbers of so-called witches that were killed were minute.

Forum List

Back