The bible on "marriage"

I'm thinkin that with the hygene or lack of it back in the day that one thousand unsanitary gashes in the bedroom must have been quite a smell. Not to mention that at least 33 of the tramps were on the rag(if they even had a rag) so the floor must have been awash with menstral flow.

Nice!

She's closer to the Truth than most people would think. Christians have no idea what "marriage" means.

In the next age, brother and sister are one created man who will experience Eternal life as one flesh but in two bodies, male and female.

I'm thinkin that with the hygene or lack of it back in the day that one thousand unsanitary gashes in the bedroom must have been quite a smell. Not to mention that at least 33 of the tramps were on the rag(if they even had a rag) so the floor must have been awash with menstral flow.

Nice!

The idiot that thinks he is smarter because he is stupid, and the other idiot who thinks he is dumber because he is smart. You belong together.

Nice!
even worse ..the raging PMS...the mind reels.....

Fine how does the Bible define it? I dont have time to sit around and watch your video.

She's closer to the Truth than most people would think. Christians have no idea what "marriage" means.

In the next age, brother and sister are one created man who will experience Eternal life as one flesh but in two bodies, male and female.

Nice!

The idiot that thinks he is smarter because he is stupid, and the other idiot who thinks he is dumber because he is smart. You belong together.

The wise know all the fools of this world by their foolish talk.

Fine how does the Bible define it? I dont have time to sit around and watch your video.

Nothing in this world will give you the truth. All men are deceivers because they're under the old covenant. When all flesh perishes, then man will be given new bodies (male and female) to live eternal lives without ever being married or divorced again.

Nothing in this world will give you the truth. All men are deceivers because they're under the old covenant. When all flesh perishes, then man will be given new bodies (male and female) to live eternal lives without ever being married or divorced again.

I wasn't talking to you. And you are absolutely wrong. Our gender is a key characteristic to our Eternal life. And Marriage can be Eternal. Adam and Eve were married in the garden, before death entered the world. There marriage was not until death because there was no death.

Nice!

The wise know all the fools of this world by their foolish talk.

Thanks, that does apply to both of you.

I watched it, and it basically goes over how the bible claims that the very first relationship (marriage, instance of sex, etc) was Adam and Eve, and that they only had two kids. So...

Essentially, one of the earliest forms of coupling (as shown by the Bible) would have been incestuous sex between Eve and her son.

So ultimately, the video asks (in a sort of condescending way); can Christians claim the "moral high ground" on marriage (ie calling gays impure, etc) when essentially the God they believe in promoted/setup an incestuous relationship (mom/son) right from the very start of things?

I don't read the Bible much, so if someone could enlighten me more on the Adam/Eve/Kids scenario that'd be great.

Last edited:

I watched it, and it basically goes over how the bible claims that the very first relationship (marriage, instance of sex, etc) was Adam and Eve, and that they only had two kids. So...

Essentially, one of the earliest forms of coupling (as shown by the Bible) would have been incestuous sex between Eve and her son.

So ultimately, the video asks (in a sort of condescending way); can Christians claim the "moral high ground" on marriage (ie calling gays impure, etc) when essentially the God they believe in promoted/setup an incestuous relationship (mom/son) right from the very start of things?

I don't read the Bible much, so if someone could enlighten me more on the Adam/Eve/Kids scenario that'd be great.

Why would it say that even had sex with anyone but Adam?

They really say Adam and Eve only had two kids? Seriously? They start with such a stupid premise like that and expect anyone to take htem seriously?

So because the Bible only mentions 2 children of Adam and Eve (A lie right off the bat), the only "rational" conclusion they can come up with is that those children married their mother? Do they seriously think the Bible mentions the birth of every human being who has ever lived? Since the Bible never mentions any children born between the children and Eve, does that mean the human race ceased to exist after those children?

The amazing thing is they think they are intelligent.

We have no idea how long Adam and Eve resided in the garden before the fall. And we are not told how many children they had.

When Cain was expelled from the garden, who was he referring to when he feared they would kill him if he was outside the gates of Eden? Who did God (placed a mark on Cain so they wouldn't kill him) protect him from? Who did he marry? Did one of his sisters get kicked out of Eden too?
How old was Cain when he killed his brother? 16? 66? 106?

Gen.5: 3-4 And he begot Seth, the days of Adam were eight hundred years; and he begot sons and daughters. So all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years; and he died.

The Bible says Adam was one hundred and thirty years old when Seth was born. He then lived another eight hundred years. In Gen 3:16 God had promised Eve that he would greatly multiply her conception.
Jewish tradition states that Adam had 33 sons and 23 daughters! Therefore many people could have existed at the time when Cain killed Abel.
It has been conservatively estimated that 32,000 people could have been alive at that time this event occurred.

Before the fall, before sin entered the bloodstream, Adam and Eve had perfect gene pools, If Cain married a sister, or niece, or great niece, or great great great niece, no imperfections were there to pass on.

It wasn't until the Law, that marriage was defined.

Though Genesis condemns incest, relations between children and parents, it does not forbid a man from marrying his sister or niece. The Bible records other examples of intermarriage within families. Gen 20:12 Abraham married his half-sister Sarah. Ex. 6:20 Moses' father Amram, married his father's sister, his aunt Jochabed.

Then came the Law:
God forbade marriage between the following: mother, father, sister, brother, half-brother, brother's wife, aunt, uncle, stepmother, granddaughter, daughter-in-law, and son-in law. Before that time, it was not forbidden (Leviticus 18:7-17).

Last edited:

Forum List

Back