The Bible vs Liberalism

The Bible is the word.... No doubt. America has veered away from it and we have replaced it with the $. Jesus was about helping the least among us, and we know what the Bible says about trying to become wealthy. Luckily all it takes is belief in Jesus and our sons are forgiven. Wealthy evangelists are the most guilty of all.

Actually, today I'm trying to exercise my latest project, developing a better understanding of the Old Testament.

51Mk4ONcslL._SX397_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Perhaps you'd care to venture an explanation for The Bible is the word.... No doubt. America has veered away from it "

What's the reason?

Any particular institution to blame?

1.The Bible, to the amusement of secularists, points out that human beings have free will, and can use it to better themselves, and the world.

For Leftists, one need not strive to better oneself, after all the great god, government, will take care of you from cradle to grave. And…make no mistake: government is their god.

2. “Even if one does not consider the liberal administrations of the recent past fascist, Mr. Goldberg is correct to see the liberalism of today to be state worship, which built upon the original statist liberalism of the Wilson administration. Mr. Goldberg has, unlike the leftists who yell the term, made the strongest possible case that Americans today live in a soft form of fascism, a statist liberal society whose citizens are unaware of the roots of ideas they hold.” America's 'Fascist Moment' A review of Liberal Fascism

3. Now let’s get to the lesson in Genesis 4:7

“Sin is crouching at the door, eager to control you. But you must subdue it and be its master.”

“The statement “yet you can be its master” is one of the Torah’s most important statements. It means we have moral free will. That we can rule over our desire to do wrong is the most empowering idea in life. The only way we can end bad behavior….actions that are either destructive to others or to ourselves—is to first recognize that we “can be its master.” Dennis Prager

We on the Right refer to it as ‘personal responsibility.’

Liberals have a very different view,…put your faith in government.
“ We try and discourage people from self help." – Former MASS A.G. Coakley

4. The corollary to free will is discipline, self-control.
“That many parents work harder to instill self-esteem than self-control in their children is a moral tragedy. And, ironically, no self-esteem can equal the self-esteem that derives from self-control.” Prager

Included in Genesis 4:7… be its master …is the recognition of God’s special accommodations toward mankind:
Generous to a fault.....so to speak.
It is deeply important to understand the two most human gifts, intelligence and free will.
...at the heart of religion....and by religion I mean the Judeo-Christian faith.....
....is free will.

And that free will is animated by, and requires the application of the gift of intelligence.

Bias chick

How much was the cover charge for your mythical jesus’ sermon on the mount?

And wow, the Dark Ages by your god and free will...

1.The Bible, to the amusement of secularists, points out that human beings have free will, and can use it to better themselves, and the world.

For Leftists, one need not strive to better oneself, after all the great god, government, will take care of you from cradle to grave. And…make no mistake: government is their god.

2. “Even if one does not consider the liberal administrations of the recent past fascist, Mr. Goldberg is correct to see the liberalism of today to be state worship, which built upon the original statist liberalism of the Wilson administration. Mr. Goldberg has, unlike the leftists who yell the term, made the strongest possible case that Americans today live in a soft form of fascism, a statist liberal society whose citizens are unaware of the roots of ideas they hold.” America's 'Fascist Moment' A review of Liberal Fascism

“Sin is crouching at the door, eager to control you. But you must subdue it and be its master.”

“The statement “yet you can be its master” is one of the Torah’s most important statements. It means we have moral free will. That we can rule over our desire to do wrong is the most empowering idea in life. The only way we can end bad behavior….actions that are either destructive to others or to ourselves—is to first recognize that we “can be its master.” Dennis Prager

4. The corollary to free will is discipline, self-control.
“That many parents work harder to instill self-esteem than self-control in their children is a moral tragedy. And, ironically, no self-esteem can equal the self-esteem that derives from self-control.” Prager

Included in Genesis 4:7… be its master …is the recognition of God’s special accommodations toward mankind:
Generous to a fault.....so to speak.
It is deeply important to understand the two most human gifts, intelligence and free will.
...at the heart of religion....and by religion I mean the Judeo-Christian faith.....
....is free will.

And that free will is animated by, and requires the application of the gift of intelligence.

Bias chick

How much was the cover charge for your mythical jesus’ sermon on the mount?

And wow, the Dark Ages by your god and free will...

Let's pretend you have the capacity to understand what you've linked to.....

What is your objection to this???

Careful!!!!

If this is the first time you've ever tried to think, you may be subject to an aneurysm.

Does anything think that Trump took away free will of the republicans in the House and Senate, I do.

If you say something anti tramp, or do any investigations against tramp you will get investigated or slammed on twitter from tramp.

Only democrats are immune from the strong control of tramp.

"Does anything think that Trump took away free will of the republicans in the House and Senate, I do."

You should try to avoid certain phrases....such as "I think," as it brings quite a bit of amusement to folks who have read your attempts at posting.

That sentence of yours is a perfect example.

Just tryin' to be helpful.

If you say something anti tramp, or do any investigations against tramp you will get investigated or slammed on twitter from tramp.

Only democrats are immune from the strong control of tramp,

Challenge for PolitcalChic , refute what I said. Do you best now.

Does anything think that Trump took away free will of the republicans in the House and Senate, I do.

"Does anything think that Trump took away free will of the republicans in the House and Senate, I do."

You should try to avoid certain phrases....such as "I think," as it brings quite a bit of amusement to folks who have read your attempts at posting.

The thread to which you voluntarily subscribed is clear in its subject.

Unfortunately, your disability forces you to anti-Trump perseveration.

academic.oup.com › schizophreniabulletin › article-pdf

Perseveration in Schizophrenia - Oxford Academic

upload_2020-1-19_13-25-22.png

by A Crider - ‎1997 - ‎Cited by 183 - ‎Related articles
Perseveration is the contextually inappropriate and unintentional repetition of a response or behavioral unit. In schizophrenia, perseveration may take a variety of forms. These can be conceptualized as varying manifestations of an underlying neurocognitive deficit.

There may be medications helpful for this condition....speak to your doctor to see if they are right for you.

View attachment 301288

Perseveration is the contextually inappropriate and unintentional repetition of a response or behavioral unit. In schizophrenia, perseveration may take a variety of forms. These can be conceptualized as varying manifestations of an underlying neurocognitive deficit.

There may be medications helpful for this condition....speak to your doctor to see if they are right for you.

I see you can't refute what I said. So tramp is taking away free will from the republicans. So if someone is an anti tramper you accuse them of schizophrenia.

Lesson for you, you do not have the power to shut my free will up or for that matter free speech.

View attachment 301288

I see you can't refute what I said. So tramp is taking away free will from the republicans. So if someone is an anti tramper you accuse them of schizophrenia.

Lesson for you, you do not have the power to shut my free will up or for that matter free speech.

"I see you can't refute what I said. "

Why would I entertain some extraneous topic in a thread about a biblical discussion of free will?

How about you start a thread on that subject, and, if I feel like it, I'll rip you a new one there.

See ya'....

View attachment 301288

"Lesson for you, you do not have the power to shut my free will up or for that matter free speech."

You lack self-awareness.....I don't want to 'shut you up,' that's what the Left desires.

No, I like you posting, as a verification of everything I claim about the Leftists.

Keep on keepin' on!

View attachment 301288

"Lesson for you, you do not have the power to shut my free will up or for that matter free speech."

You lack self-awareness.....I don't want to 'shut you up,' that's what the Left desires.

No, I like you posting, as a verification of everything I claim about the Leftists.

Keep on keepin' on!

You tried to call me a schizophrenia due to being an anti tramper, that is a perfect example of what tramp would tweet.

View attachment 301288

Keep on keepin' on!

You tried to call me a schizophrenia due to being an anti tramper, that is a perfect example of what tramp would tweet.

"You tried to call me a schizophrenia due to being an anti tramper, that is a perfect example of what tramp would tweet."

I didn't TRY.....I succeeded.

It was hard to miss your perseveration....constant repetition, a condition of your schizophrenia.

Now.....who's gonna win in November?

7. Dennis Prager, whose book I am quoting, studying, has an expertise that clarifies much of the Old Testament: he is fluent in the Hebrew language.

The necessity becomes clear in verse 4:7, specifically as to the meaning of the Hebrew word timshol

Prager illustrates with a character from Steinbeck’s East of Eden, who searches for understanding of the verse. Studying the Hebrew, “they concluded that the word God said to Cain, timshol, means “may rule”: “Thou mayest rule over sin.” When a listener asked Lee, “Why is this word (timshol) so important?” he responded that whereas the King James Version promises that man will triumph over sin, and the American Standard translation orders man to triumph over sin, the Hebrew text says, “Thou mayest.”

In other words, the Bible is teaching that human beings have a choice; and this choice is, in Steinbeck’s words …. “What makes a man [what distinguishes man from animals]: A cat has no choice, a bee must make honey . . . a history of humankind in any age or culture or race.”

This one word and its meaning were so significant to Steinbeck that the final word spoken in this six-hundred-page novel is the Hebrew word timshol.” Prager, “The Rational Bible, Genesis,” p.68

Interesting example of 'self-help' you cite:
Massachusetts Attorney General Martha Coakley, was talking about the father who punched out the guy he caught molesting his 4-year-old son in a supermarket men's room.​

So to you, ‘personal responsibility’ means taking the law into your own hands. I guess liberals prefer the rule of law.

Massachusetts Attorney General Martha Coakley, was talking about the father who punched out the guy he caught molesting his 4-year-old son in a supermarket men's room.​

So to you, ‘personal responsibility’ means taking the law into your own hands. I guess liberals prefer the rule of law.

So you rushed out from under the rock to verify the quote I provided?

Why...?

There is never any doubt about what I post.

OK....now you can get back to your knitting.

Why...?

Unfortunately there is never any doubt about what you post. Lies, distortions, spin, and innuendo. And then if anyone calls you on it you shoot the messenger.

Why...?

Unfortunately there is never any doubt about what you post.

Excellent!

You recognize how articulate I am.

You're learning.....but don't stop there!!!

Don't you want to comment on my amazing grasp of the subject?

My understated wit?

My cygnian grace?

Please don't mention my spectacular good looks (just kidding- go ahead and mention them.)

Why...?

Excellent!

My understated wit?

My cygnian grace?

Please don't mention my spectacular good looks (just kidding- go ahead and mention them.)
Don't forget your lightening fast speed. I was still editing my post when you liked it. You may want to reconsider.

Why...?

Excellent!

My understated wit?

My cygnian grace?

Don't forget your lightening fast speed. I was still editing my post when you liked it. You may want to reconsider.

As there has never been any 'lies' in my posts, I removed the 'agree.'

Now you go back to simply being a Liberal worm.

As there has never been any 'lies' in my posts, I removed the 'agree.'

Now you go back to simply being a Liberal worm.
There are no lies in my post. Feel free to go out and lynch someone.

Forum List

Back