The big question about life on other planets: 1000000000000000000000 planets in the universe

Everything in the universe is exactly the same age

Demonstrably not true ...

Goldie-Hawn-and-Kate-Hudson-Novak-Djokovic-Foundation-Gala.jpg

Again the elements composing those two people are exactly the same age
Wrong. The hydrogen atoms are as old as the universe. The other atoms are a lot younger.

There is zero evidence of that...………………

Grow up, no one was there or knows anyone who was, and the people blurting out that nonsense are now saying that there are no Hydrogen atoms because we are all a computer simulation.

No one can explain why the universe is expanding as fast as it is you do know that right

What forms gravity without any sort of mass coalition to form the gravity
The mass consists of the hydrogen and other trace elements that eventually made up the solar system.
What does that have to do with scattered mass gravitating itself
You're spouting meaningless babble. All matter possesses the quality of gravitational attraction.
Nope, not random matter in outer space not attached to a gravitational field

Try again
When a star goes super nova it sends stuff out in all directions.

We had a big planet or asteroid fly through our solar system. It came from another star. It was flung out. So it’s a rogue planet or rock not bound to any star, yet.

This, according to some estimate, give or take quite a few zeroes I'm sure. A deeper philosophical question which goes beyond theology, though it certainly entangles it.

So, this number again, 1000000000000000000000 planets! According to The Institute of Astronomy at University of Cambridge. How many solar systems are there? | Institute of Astronomy

Putting the exact estimation aside. We would have to take a massive leap of faith to think that not only is there NOT other life in the universe, but, also of such existences, that there aren't many far more advanced than us.

Imagine a planet the size of Jupiter, 100's of billions of citizens. Imagine them not having our reptilian instincts of rage and violence, or developing weapons of war to be used against each other. Consider if they had the average brain power 250x that of our smartest humans, and existed for much longer, maybe lived on average 10000 years.

What would be the end result? Is there any religion that makes any consideration for this possibility (outside, I think Scientology)? It really is a daunting concept. We could be the most advanced by far, we might be Gods great creation. It would hardly seem we could be alone though based on the odds and even plain randomness.
If you believe dust will write classical music given enough time, you’d have to believe all of them have life.

A thing broken down into it's constituent parts is no longer that thing (as anyone who owns a set of Lego can attest).

51sOGPZbE0L._SX466_.jpg

WAYMRh1BWjgR-k-ggLMM_1082086934.jpeg
How long after I buy a bag of legos does it look like Einstein?

So, a frightening thought is that sentient life has and will exist trillions of times in our universe, but no two sentient species from different planets ever have or ever will meet each other.

But then that means we will one day go extinct on this rock.

I think we could live forever in space if we really wanted to figure how how. And that would probably mean traveling to other stars.

This, according to some estimate, give or take quite a few zeroes I'm sure. A deeper philosophical question which goes beyond theology, though it certainly entangles it.

So, this number again, 1000000000000000000000 planets! According to The Institute of Astronomy at University of Cambridge. How many solar systems are there? | Institute of Astronomy

Putting the exact estimation aside. We would have to take a massive leap of faith to think that not only is there NOT other life in the universe, but, also of such existences, that there aren't many far more advanced than us.

Imagine a planet the size of Jupiter, 100's of billions of citizens. Imagine them not having our reptilian instincts of rage and violence, or developing weapons of war to be used against each other. Consider if they had the average brain power 250x that of our smartest humans, and existed for much longer, maybe lived on average 10000 years.

What would be the end result? Is there any religion that makes any consideration for this possibility (outside, I think Scientology)? It really is a daunting concept. We could be the most advanced by far, we might be Gods great creation. It would hardly seem we could be alone though based on the odds and even plain randomness.

Your number is low. Every star has a system of planets around it and almost every system has at least one planet with basic life on it, but very very few have advanced life and very very few of those have advanced, INTELLIGENT life and very very few of those have technologically advanced intelligent life.
We think.

Look at our sola system. If an intelligent species looked at us what would they see? Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. They would conclude no life was here becaus they wouldn’t even see us

Nope, not random matter in outer space not attached to a gravitational field
Well, that makes no sense on any level...

To all: no need to respond to this gibberish...
Sure it does you are just too dumb to know that the Voyage 1 craft is in interstellar space which is not affected by any gravitational field.

I could teach you, but you are hopeless
Actually, voyager one may actually still be in our solar system. That’s how big our solar system is. It may be a long time before it’s truly into interstellar space.

But then that means we will one day go extinct on this rock.
Not necessarily. We may visit a billion other galaxies and still never meet another sentient species, even if trillions of them have and will exist in our universe.
And we could visit another star and intelligent lif existed 2 billion years ago but no longer. Or we could be 1 billion years too early

If you believe dust will write classical music given enough time, you’d have to believe all of them have life.

A thing broken down into it's constituent parts is no longer that thing (as anyone who owns a set of Lego can attest).

51sOGPZbE0L._SX466_.jpg

If Lego were capable of making chemical bonds, then about 4 Billion Years.

51sOGPZbE0L._SX466_.jpg

Then how long after that does it write a poem?

51sOGPZbE0L._SX466_.jpg

Then how long after that does it write a poem?

Was Einstein a poet?

For things moving free or at rest,
Observe what the first law does best.
It defines a key frame,
Inertial by name,
Where the second law then is expressed.

That is a stupid question that belies total misunderstanding of the material. For one, physical laws are not "selecting for" legos to form the face of Einstein, as they are "selecting for" the formation of the structures found in life as we know it (Example: hydrophilic and hydrophobic ends of the lipids which can form cell membranes). This selection is not "random". Your misunderstanding of this is your first error.

Your second error is your implicit assumption that anyone says or thinks that selection here on earth would produce the same result in every universe with identical initial conditions (you can choose any arbitrary time for this, be it 13 or 5 billion years ago). Nobody is saying or implying that life on Earth had to have turned out a certain way (the way we find it today), or even at all. "Einstein's face" places this arbitrary constraint.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back