The big question about life on other planets: 1000000000000000000000 planets in the universe

Not just, no. I have cognitive ability.
And that makes you not just a deterministic physical system, how?

In a deterministic model, you will always get the same output from the same initial state.

Does that sound like humans to you?
That is utterly false in quantum mechanics AND chaos theory also shows why highly complex deterministic systems look like they are not deterministic and are impossible to predict.

We know a pendulum is deterministic. Put two of them together and suddenly their motion becomes utterly chaotic.

there is still absolutely zero understanding of what consciousness is or how it arises strictly from deterministic systems
That is not reason to believe it may not be deterministic. We don't look at things we dont fully understand and say they might not be deterministic. That's god of the gaps.

Science has been unable to establish what life came from ergo we do not know. That does not mean abiogenesis is fact, it means that we do not know.
But we do know a few things. We know there was once no life, then there was. So, we know life formed. And that's all we need to know in order to know that abiogensis is a fact. Life formed by some sort of process that follows all the same laws as every other process. Star formation, volcano formation, hurricane formation.... And formation of life. "Abiogensis" is just the name given the process. It's not any less a fact than is hurricane formation. "Hurrigenesis"...
That is the most likely but is not all encompassing.

Life may have been seeded by another form of life. Life may have come from an extra solar meteorite. Perhaps there are extra dimensional beings involved and of course there is always the god did it excuse.

Each may be more unlikely than the last and certainly not a complete list but that does not equate to us KNOWING anything. It strongly suggests such but that is not the same thing as a fact. Abiogenesis is still a guess because science has been unable to establish any real framework as to how it works. We do not even understand what original life looked like as it is now believed that DNA was not the starting point of life.

The same thing goes for humans being nothing but deterministic systems, another claim of hard fact that you made. While I ascribe to both Abiogenesis and determinism as physics strongly points to that direction there is still absolutely zero understanding of what consciousness is or how it arises strictly from deterministic systems. Science is very specific here and that is what makes it so damn effective - the answer I do not know is an acceptable one and the fact is that we do not know if either of those contention are, indeed, accurate. The problem that arises with religions views often times is the assertion that it is known, God did it and that is that. Science does not need to go down that same silly road. We do not know if life arose form non life and we do not know that we are strictly deterministic machines. Physics has shown that those are both extremely likely and scientists are working to prove those two hypotheses right now. Abiogenesis has proven to be very difficult as we do not even understand what original form life may have taken on. Consciousness is currently beyond our grasp as we have no understanding there but current research into AI may very well shed some light in that arena.
Abiogenesis is a fact. Once the universe had no life. Now it does. You simply can't get around those facts without resorting to magic. The fact that we don't know how something occurred doesn't mean you get to claim that God did it.

If the universe is finite then that mean unique things can exist.

For all we know life is unique to earth.

Until we get another data point or until we can turn Chemistry into Biology and know the conditions exist for it elsewhere then all we are doing is speculating on something we know nothing or very little about.

Of course our speculation is clouded by 100 years of being brainwashed by Science Fiction but that is not going to stop us from absolutely knowing that life exist elsewhere, is it?.

The universe may very well be sterile except for our little planet where several amazing things just happen to come together at the right time to produce life.

Maybe microbial life exist elsewhere and advance life is rare or non existence except here on earth. What if there aren't really any Green Orion Slave Girls for Capt Kirk to screw? Maybe the only thing we would ever find if we ever went star trekking across the universe is a little algae somewhere.

For all we know life is unique to earth.
I.E., it's possible. Sure it is. By the way, saying that means we are also saying its possible that life has formed other times in the universe.

And it seems unlikely that life would have formed exactly once, instead of at least twice. But the evidence for this is circumstantial.

Last edited:
There’s not a mutation that’s ever been beneficial.
False.
Do tell.
I already did. So did another poster. That's why your repetition of your incorrect comment was bizarre.
Not hard for you to link to, yet you don’t. Makes you look like a liar. Liar.

Fact is a mutation in DNA is like a monkey making a random code change to Windows 10, and think the change will improve Windows 10. Except life is a trillion trillion times more complex.

Not hard for you to link to, yet you don’t. Makes you look like a liar.
Do you think i care if some religious goober who shits on all the evidence whines that i dont spoonfeed him evidence for him to shit on? Think again...

Hey professor: why do you suppose the flu vaccine is different every year?

Last edited:
Not just, no. I have cognitive ability.
And that makes you not just a deterministic physical system, how?

In a deterministic model, you will always get the same output from the same initial state.

Does that sound like humans to you?
That is utterly false in quantum mechanics AND chaos theory also shows why highly complex deterministic systems look like they are not deterministic and are impossible to predict.

We know a pendulum is deterministic. Put two of them together and suddenly their motion becomes utterly chaotic.
Yep. Chaotic, but still deterministic. Even the wave functions of quantum mechanics follow deterministic laws.

Do you think i care if some religious goober who shits on all the evidence whines that i dont spoonfeed him evidence for him to shit on? Think again...

The fact you need to lie displays where you are in the topic.

Under water

Under water
Yep, just me and the global scientific community, all lying to try to fool the trailer park dwellers of america, who are obviously far too clever for us. Yessir, you got us...

Under water
Yep, just me amd the global scientific community, all lying to fool the trailer park dwellers of america. Yessir, you got us...
You’re down to a 16 year old high school dropout as your spokesperson.

Under water
Yep, just me amd the global scientific community, all lying to fool the trailer park dwellers of america. Yessir, you got us...

It's preferable to your spokespeople, the westboro Baptists...
You should feel ashamed of how much smarter than you she is.

Under water

Oh wow, you pull a cult of 15 people out as evidence!

Your desperation is HILARIOUS!

Under water

No, they align with your beliefs perfectly.

Hey dummy... Why do you suppose the flu vaccine is different every year?

Under water

A 16 year old is your best spokesperson.
You don’t have a clue about biology.
Now it’s slander attacks.

You lost a long time ago.

A 16 year old is your best spokesperson.
You don’t have a clue about biology.
Now it’s slander attacks.

You lost a long time ago.
Neat!

So...why do you suppose the flu vaccine is different every year?

How Do you suppose new, more dangerous strains of Lyme disease form?

Last edited:
Fact is a mutation in DNA is like a monkey making a random code change to Windows 10,

You've obviously never met a programmer.

monkey_testing.jpg

Forum List

Back