The Birfer State Law Tracking Thread

Here is what governor Brewer had to say.

As for her decision to veto this bill, Gov. Brewer said in part: "I never imagined being presented with a bill that could require candidates for President of the greatest and most powerful nation on earth to submit their 'early baptismal or circumcision certificates'… this is a bridge too far. This measure creates significant new problems while failing to do anything constructive for Arizona."

Gov. Brewer Vetoes Birther Bill, Guns on Campus

:thup:

The sane wing of the Republican party came to the obvious realization that if a certificate of circumcision is good enough, so is a COLB.

The State of Hawaii certified Obama's birth. Whether Obama was born in Hawaii or not doesn't matter.

The Obama Administration has been putting a lot of pressure on Arizona. I guess they finally got the upper hand. This proves to me that Obama will run in 2012. I had originally thought it would be Hillary, but it's Obama all the way now.

That is fine with me. I think Obama will be easier to beat than Hillary. I know many women wrote in Hillary last time around. White women over 40 are the largest voting demographic in the USA & I think they prefer Hillary over Obama.

Gallup Poll: Hillary Clinton's Popularity Hits Near-Record High

Last edited:
The House voted 40-16-4 and the Senate voted 20-9-1. Voting was along party lines with a few Republican abstentions. The veto can be over-riden with a two-thirds majority. That means the law can still be enacted if the birfers can again get 40 votes in the Senate and 20 in the House. However, the scuttlebutt is that the Republican moderates were against the bill and would not have voted for it if Brewer would have allowed it to pass. This gives them cover in the primaries. If the birfers try to over-ride the veto, the moderates will vote against the over-ride and kill the bill.

Kudos to governor Brewer.

This isn't over yet.

Brewer vetoed the birther bill.

True to my word:

I salute Governor Brewer for doing the right thing and vetoing a bill that was blatantly unconstitutional and reflected on her state in a negative light.

I didn't think she would do that. I stand corrected.

Kudos, Gov. Brewer.

Gov. Brewer Vetoes Birther Bill, Guns on Campus

News day for the libs the breath a sigh of relief obama doesn't have to show a document he doesn't have in Arizona.

He wouldn't have had to show it anyways. This law was clearly unconstitutional and would have been overturned in a heartbeat.

Brewer just saved her state the embarassment of having a Federal Judge tell the house and senate that they are a bunch of fucking morons.
:clap2:Yes, kudos to her! I am also impressed that she vetoed the guns on campus bill.

:) :)

Do you have proof there were repeated calls from one single person or group, or was one call from millions of people enough?

I am merely explaining what is said in the article that YOU POSTED. If you are now going to start arguing with your own links, I'm not sure there's any reason to respond to you or bother reading your posts.

HO so you don't have proof of repeated calls form one person or one group?

Of course not! Why would I have anything of the sort? As I said, I was speaking about what is said in YOUR LINK! Are you truly this dense, or is it all a joke?

I am merely explaining what is said in the article that YOU POSTED. If you are now going to start arguing with your own links, I'm not sure there's any reason to respond to you or bother reading your posts.

HO so you don't have proof of repeated calls form one person or one group?

Of course not! Why would I have anything of the sort? As I said, I was speaking about what is said in YOUR LINK! Are you truly this dense, or is it all a joke?

Here's what I think happen they had so many calls form different people and groups they sealed the record from all to view. So again I say the bill created that day hid a lie and killed the American apple pie.

October 31, 2008 STATEMENT BY DR. CHIYOME FUKINO
“There have been numerous requests for Sen. Barack Hussein Obama’s official birth certificate. State law (Hawaii Revised Statutes §338-18) prohibits the release of a certified birth certificate to persons who do not have a tangible interest in the vital record.

“Therefore, I as Director of Health for the State of Hawaii, along with the Registrar of Vital Statistics who has statutory authority to oversee and maintain these type of vital records, have personally seen and verified that the Hawaii State Department of Health has Sen. Obama’s original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures.

“No state official, including Governor Linda Lingle, has ever instructed that this vital record be handled in a manner different from any other vital record in the possession of the State of Hawaii.”

July 27, 2009 STATEMENT BY HEALTH DIRECTOR CHIYOME FUKINO, M.D.
“I, Dr. Chiyome Fukino, Director of the Hawaii State Department of Health, have seen the original vital records maintained on file by the Hawaii State Department of Health verifying Barack Hussein Obama was born in Hawaii and is a natural-born American citizen. I have nothing further to add to this statement or my original statement issued in October 2008 over eight months ago.”

“There have been numerous requests for Sen. Barack Hussein Obama’s official birth certificate. State law (Hawaii Revised Statutes §338-18) prohibits the release of a certified birth certificate to persons who do not have a tangible interest in the vital record.

“Therefore, I as Director of Health for the State of Hawaii, along with the Registrar of Vital Statistics who has statutory authority to oversee and maintain these type of vital records, have personally seen and verified that the Hawaii State Department of Health has Sen. Obama’s original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures.

“No state official, including Governor Linda Lingle, has ever instructed that this vital record be handled in a manner different from any other vital record in the possession of the State of Hawaii.”

“I, Dr. Chiyome Fukino, Director of the Hawaii State Department of Health, have seen the original vital records maintained on file by the Hawaii State Department of Health verifying Barack Hussein Obama was born in Hawaii and is a natural-born American citizen. I have nothing further to add to this statement or my original statement issued in October 2008 over eight months ago.”

Wow. That would imply that certain people on this thread are talking out of their ass.

The House voted 40-16-4 and the Senate voted 20-9-1. Voting was along party lines with a few Republican abstentions. The veto can be over-riden with a two-thirds majority. That means the law can still be enacted if the birfers can again get 40 votes in the Senate and 20 in the House. However, the scuttlebutt is that the Republican moderates were against the bill and would not have voted for it if Brewer would have allowed it to pass. This gives them cover in the primaries. If the birfers try to over-ride the veto, the moderates will vote against the over-ride and kill the bill.

This isn't over yet.

It will never be over for you dumbasses.

It doesn't matter. The rule of law will prevail. You won't get your way simply by throwing a fit about the matter.

I'd like to thank Toro for keeping track of all the bills. Well done!!
drinks.gif

Wow. That would imply that certain people on this thread are talking out of their ass.

Yes they are!

MSNBC interview of Dr. Chiyome Fukino
The first is that the original so-called "long form" birth certificate — described by Hawaiian officials as a "record of live birth" — absolutely exists, located in a bound volume in a file cabinet on the first floor of the state Department of Health. Fukimo said she has personally inspected it — twice. The first time was in late October 2008, during the closing days of the presidential campaign, when the communications director for the state's then Republican governor, Linda Lingle (who appointed Fukino) asked if she could make a public statement in response to claims then circulating on the Internet that Obama was actually born in Kenya.

Before she would do so, Fukino said, she wanted to inspect the files — and did so, taking with her the state official in charge of vital records. She found the original birth record, properly numbered, half typed and half handwritten, and signed by the doctor who delivered Obama, located in the files. She then put out a public statement asserting to the document's validity. She later put out another public statement in July 2009 — after reviewing the original birth record a second time.

"It is real, and no amount of saying it is not, is going to change that," Fukino said. Moreover, she added, her boss at the time, Lingle — who was backing John McCain for president — would presumably have to be in on any cover up since Fukino made her public comment at the governor's office's request. "Why would a Republican governor — who was stumping for the other guy — hold out on a big secret?" she asked.

This isn't over yet.

It will never be over for you dumbasses.

It doesn't matter. The rule of law will prevail. You won't get your way simply by throwing a fit about the matter.
Dumb ass the veto can be over ridden

Has anyone seen the original newsprint copy of the birth notices? If not they do not exist.
Federal Rules of Evidence
NOTES TO RULE 1002

The rule is the familiar one requiring production of the original of a document to prove its contents, expanded to include writings, recordings, and photographs, as defined in Rule 1001(1) and (2), supra.

And would also apply to the document obama uses as a birth certificate.

Federal Rules of Evidence - Notes to Rule 1002

Last edited:
Has anyone seen the original newsprint copy of the birth notices? If not they do not exist.
NOTES TO RULE 1002

The rule is the familiar one requiring production of the original of a document to prove its contents, expanded to include writings, recordings, and photographs, as defined in Rule 1001(1) and (2), supra.

:lol:

NOTES TO RULE 1002

Has anyone seen (in an official capacity) this supposed Long Form issued in March of this year or does it only exist at WND?

>>>>

NOTES TO RULE 1002

Has anyone seen (in an official capacity) this supposed Long Form issued in March of this year or does it only exist at WND?

>>>>

I'll ask again

Has anyone seen the original newsprint copy of the birth notices? Or the original birth certificate?

NOTES TO RULE 1002

Laughing at federal rule?

NOTES TO RULE 1002

Laughing at the law?
No at you and your constant and perhaps willful ignorance.

Forum List

Back