The Bowman-Markey Heating and Cooling Relief Act will end energy poverty, clear utility debt, promote energy & climate justice & even save lives

We need this bill passed now so that people can save on utility costs and maintain their energy use.

here's an idea that requires no new legislation:

Quit shitting on fossil fuels for the sole sake of virtue signaling.

We are no less than 50 years away from even starting to move away from fossil fuels in any meaningful manner.

Oil changed the world.

Before oil, we were all living in a Little House on the Prairie episode.

You don't make seismic shifts in available energy like the discovery of oil and just stop using it because it's the cool thing to do. There must be a huge, seismic shift in another direction. Solar and wind will continue to be a running joke compared to the power available in fossil fuels.

It is time for everyone to stop fucking around and acting like we're somehow going to get off fossil fuels without some huge discovery.

Ohhh, Communism. What a bold and new plan...
They'll be here soon to tell you that you don't know what communism is and demand that you define it. Then, after you do, they will criticize your definition and provide none of their own.

They have been unwittingly trained for years in CriticalTheory, to the point where that's all they know.

We need this bill passed now so that people can save on utility costs and maintain their energy use.

Ooooo....Communistic expropriation and redistribution with some new qualifiers added to it!....How cutting edge!

CommiePropa.jpg

I am not opposed to addressing the issue, but I am not sure some of these ideas are realistic. If energy prices are capped, unless the federal government 100% covers the excess, then those costs will just be passed onto the other consumers.

Anyway, I round up my utility bill every month and donate the excess payment to a local program to provide heating assistance to Cracktown residents living in drafty old houses. It is so woefully underfunded at this point, it might as well not even exist.

Forum List

Back