The C.I.A. Torture Cover-Up

I have no problem with the torture of enemies. If you don't want to be tortured then don't give us a reason to.

If you have no problem with the torture of enemies dont cry when those ahem...Chickens come home to Roost.

An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind

it really doesnt matter if they use torture as an excuse to kill us. Its just one of many excuses they use. Stop torture and they will just use another excuse in its place.

Likewise on our side. Someone will always find an excuse to treat "the enemy" like shit. Human nature and all that.

The easiest thing to do is the wrong thing...

If you have no problem with the torture of enemies dont cry when those ahem...Chickens come home to Roost.

An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind

it really doesnt matter if they use torture as an excuse to kill us. Its just one of many excuses they use. Stop torture and they will just use another excuse in its place.

Likewise on our side. Someone will always find an excuse to treat "the enemy" like shit. Human nature and all that.

warning people is not the wrong thing

The Obameter: End the use of torture | PolitiFact

The executive order brings the CIA into line with U.S. Army Field Manual on Interrogation, said said Tom Malinowski, Washington director for Human Rights Watch. This limits interrogators to humane techniques, a standard that already applies as a matter of law to the U.S. military, he said.

In addition, Obama "created a High Value Interrogation Group to manage the debriefing of the most important suspected terrorist captives using humane, non-coercive techniques,” Malinowski said. "This doesn't mean that abuse never happens, but there is no policy of abuse any more, and there is strong leadership from the president on down to prevent it

Even the American Civil Liberties Union -- in a report that generally expressed skepticism about how much Obama had changed the Bush administration's policies on countering terrorism -- acknowledged that his actions on torture were strong.

Some of the Bush-era policies "have been stopped,” the report said. "Torture … (is) no longer officially condoned. … President Obama categorically disavowed torture when he came to office, and closed the secret CIA prisons where so much of the abuse took place.”

Executive Order 13491 -- Ensuring Lawful Interrogations | The White House

Exactly. Whether one likes Obama, or not, the facts are he finally established standards after the W years, but basically told congress and everyone else, we weren't gonna look back to what happened with the CIA during the W years.

Good or bad .... decide for yourselves. I guess the question is what good would a new Church Committee accomplish?

Torturing them is tho. This is a "whos going to jump first" argument. Since there are some people who want to kill us we should torture them and when they are released they will DEFINITELY want to kill us if they didnt before.

Since we are America..THE WORLDS SUPERPOWER...We have a greater responsibility here. Our goal shouldnt be to get on the same level as savages who live in caves.

1. Because America is better than they are and

2. Its like Superman torturing Garfield the cat because Garfield scratched him once

I'd torture terrorists and kill them....

Pretty stupid to claim you can kill terrorists, but you can't torture them first. Uh....isn't killing them a "meaner act?"

Last edited:

Torturing them is tho. This is a "whos going to jump first" argument. Since there are some people who want to kill us we should torture them and when they are released they will DEFINITELY want to kill us if they didnt before.

Since we are America..THE WORLDS SUPERPOWER...We have a greater responsibility here. Our goal shouldnt be to get on the same level as savages who live in caves.

2. Its like Superman torturing Garfield the cat because Garfield scratched him once

then garfield shouldnt have scratched superman. Be responsible for your actions. dont want to be tortured? Dont commit a terrorist act against Us.
Being America is Irrelevant. We dont have some moral superiority over the world. I can link to numerous stories where Americans do vile things to each other. Some worse than actual torture.

ah the savages argument. Yeah people willing to blow themselves up for what they believe. Willing to die for a cause are not savages. Would you be willing to commit to a cause like that? I know i wouldnt.

then garfield shouldnt have scratched superman. Be responsible for your actions. dont want to be tortured? Dont commit a terrorist act against Us.
Being America is Irrelevant. We dont have some moral superiority over the world. I can link to numerous stories where Americans do vile things to each other. Some worse than actual torture.

ah the savages argument. Yeah people willing to blow themselves up for what they believe. Willing to die for a cause are not savages. Would you be willing to commit to a cause like that? I know i wouldnt.

true but Superman cant go torturing every cat because Garfield scratched him once.

Now you are advocating doing to others because someone one time did something bad. People who did nothing were tortured also...See? Thats how the justifications work.

Did they commit terrorism? No...but they could so torture them. Yes? Good then torture them.

They are brave savages but savages none the less. There isnt any justification only excuses and warped reasoning. So what Americans do vile stuff to each other. Thats not a defense. C'mon man

I never said go torture everyone. I said send a warning that this will happen.there is a difference.

Shrug....case by case basis honestly.

Sure it's a defense. It takes away the moral argument. There isn't one to be had.

Gosh, I wonder if there are other things we could do besides torture people to win the War on Terra™.

It's a real stumper.

So given the choice of coming down on the side of Americans trying to prevent this....

s_a03_0RTRMNQW-930x673.jpeg

or of coming down on the side of the people who caused this...

s_a11_78242_10-930x773.jpeg

You choose the latter.

You really are a scumbag.

But we already knew that :dunno:

The only thing they were trying to prevent is getting themselves put on trial for war crimes, most of the torture was trying to justify the Bush Administration crimes. But that didn't work so Republicans passed a bill to pardon the Bush Administration from his crimes.

If Bush wanted to prevent 911 maybe he should have listened to credible evidence instead of planning a war for oil.

Please save your feigned outrage.

Last edited:
I never said go torture everyone. I said send a warning that this will happen.there is a difference.

Shrug....case by case basis honestly.

Sure it's a defense. It takes away the moral argument. There isn't one to be had.

You dont have to say it...Once you start excusing bad behavior others will have more excuses. Plus we tortured people who were innocent also...that or you believe that 100% of the population that ever went to Gitmo was guilty.

If America tortures POWs, then our enemies will torture American POWs. If our enemies torture American POWs, then we must not torture our enemies because that makes us just like them.

Also, most of the members of the Bush administration were in the US government which was supporting the Mujaheddin from 1979-1989.

Forum List

Back