The Cappucino Corral

Didn't have any luck finding just the part that plugs into the outlet for my charger....the apple store doesn't sell it by itself and the whole charger was $80...didn't really need to get another one. I have been using a PC, but I'm not very good with it, couldn't ever figure out how to post pictures....and now, tomorrow we're heading for Gatlinburg, don't know if the cabin we rented even has wifi...so I will probably not be here til I get home....Sunday night...

Have a very Merry Christmas, everyone.

Didn't have any luck finding just the part that plugs into the outlet for my charger....the apple store doesn't sell it by itself and the whole charger was $80...didn't really need to get another one. I have been using a PC, but I'm not very good with it, couldn't ever figure out how to post pictures....and now, tomorrow we're heading for Gatlinburg, don't know if the cabin we rented even has wifi...so I will probably not be here til I get home....Sunday night...

Have a very Merry Christmas, everyone.

Aww...
thrift store? Shot in the dark...
I don't have a Mac but I'll bet it's a proprietary kind of plug only they sell right?

Gatlinburg? That's almost here. Well, a few hours away... weather doesn't look good though. We've had fifties and rain all day. :death:

Good Morning Everybody, Happy Christmas Eve.

88-1024x682.jpg

No effing snow here. :lol:

I'm up early too. S'posed to get freezing mix today - which I could do without. I really love where I live now but more than 25 years in Tucson turned me into a Desert Rat.

FLEAS NAVIDOG!!

DOGMINEchristmas2002.jpg

I like this Luddly I have witnessed here in the CC. Seems many of us here practice what we feel or say Strength of character is very good.

Thank you but this sounds like a lot more than it really is. We don't like to shop and its hard to know what we'll need until we're very close to the holiday, so we buy bits and pieces all year. We buy generic gifts for the adults and try to make it things they wouldn't buy for themselves.

This is always the source of much conversation between us - do we buy things people need or things they want? Luxury or necessity? We go with luxury and want because, if you're really down and out, maybe what you really need is to just feel a bit of happiness on xmas morning. That and we have no way of knowing what necessity they might need. Its very possible that the adults look at their gifts and roll their eyes because they feel they need to be practical but I think they still appreciate the thought and the gesture. Or at least, we hope so.

Some of the toys go to our own grand kids, some to Toys for Tots and, when we find out the ages/sex of the kids, some to who ever the adopted family is. This also keeps us from having to spend it all in December. This year we really cleaned out our stash and took a whole lot to the homeless shelter.

We got very lucky last year and talked a hotel into giving us two cases - one of small individual soaps and the other of little shampoos. Brand new but they were bought by another company and changed the brand. Our thinking is that people in the homeless shelter probably have to use community soap/shampoo so they might appreciate having their own.

Not a big deal really but this year, we're planning to get to work on it earlier and maybe be able to do more. Its very satisfying for us and we like knowing that some kids are opening gifts and that the food goes to a good cause.

Honestly, I think we get as much or more out of doing this than the recipients do.

Forum List

Back