The Cappucino Corral

Monday chuckle with your coffee!

christmas-group-therapye.jpg

att00083.jpg

Off to an awkward day at work. One of my salesperson friends thinks I sold his customer an expensive truck. Thing is the person was working with my boss and he was sick, so I took over for him when the customer asked for me by name. I spent a long time with them and the owner admits no one else was going to close them but me. Now I think someone wants half my pay. Not going to happen. Normally I try to keep the peace on things like this, but this time it just doesn't fit the unwritten rules we have around here.

I already have a half deal with this person, because one of my customers came in during lunch last week and he closed them for me. That customer also asked for me by name. I consider this a fair deal.

I hope that all works out well for you.

Off to an awkward day at work. One of my salesperson friends thinks I sold his customer an expensive truck. Thing is the person was working with my boss and he was sick, so I took over for him when the customer asked for me by name. I spent a long time with them and the owner admits no one else was going to close them but me. Now I think someone wants half my pay. Not going to happen. Normally I try to keep the peace on things like this, but this time it just doesn't fit the unwritten rules we have around here.

I already have a half deal with this person, because one of my customers came in during lunch last week and he closed them for me. That customer also asked for me by name. I consider this a fair deal.
Congrats on selling the big truck. You can't give your money away though, you can reason with the guy, I'm sure.

Congrats on selling the big truck. You can't give your money away though, you can reason with the guy, I'm sure.

I have another big deal next week lined up. Told him I'll split that one, if he helps out.

I have another big deal next week lined up. Told him I'll split that one, if he helps out.
Sounds like a plan.

I once had dealings with a cement and block manufacturer's truck decision to lease or buy. I was just astounded at what those trucks cost to buy.

I once had dealings with a cement and block manufacturer's truck decision to lease or buy. I was just astounded at what those trucks cost to buy.

There is a lot of engineering above the chassis in those vehicles.

That weight must require some amazing mechanics.

There's a cement truck in a nearby river bed. Right where it landed when it slid off the road - full.

That weight must require some amazing mechanics.

There's a cement truck in a nearby river bed. Right where it landed when it slid off the road - full.

It would take a very large crane to lift it back out and the salvage value would be worth less than the cost of the crane. The big concern is when the fuel tanks rust through and that pollutes the river water. If those can be removed then the rest can probably just stay there and rust away over the next century or so.

Hi everyone.....we made it to Alabama in record time. Got here around 6:30 pm....the weather is wet and the temp is about the same as we had in Texas. I'm using a borrowed PC and am having a time getting used to it. When I pulled he charger out of the plug of our Mac laptop, I didn't notice that the part that plugs in stayed behind. Got here, tried to set up my laptop and realized that I only have whatever power is left on it. I'll probably have to buy another charger if I want to be able to use my laptop.....argh.........never fails.

Too bad for your friend....it isn't like you tricked the customer into buying the truck from you.. The customer could have asked for him, if he really cared for him to get the credit....:)

Too bad for your friend....it isn't like you tricked the customer into buying the truck from you.. The customer could have asked for him, if he really cared for him to get the credit....:)

It matters to salespeople who work on strict commission like I do. Everyone here knows I'll take good care of them in the long run. Fortuantely, I have about three witnesses to what happened.

I get to have a little fun on Christmas. A neighbor bought a used car from me, so I'm going to get up early on Christmas and stick it in their driveway with a big bow on it.

Glad you had safe travels Mertex. Same to all who have a busy schedule on the roads or in the air this season.

It matters to salespeople who work on strict commission like I do. Everyone here knows I'll take good care of them in the long run. Fortuantely, I have about three witnesses to what happened.

I get to have a little fun on Christmas. A neighbor bought a used car from me, so I'm going to get up early on Christmas and stick it in their driveway with a big bow on it.

Glad you had safe travels Mertex. Same to all who have a busy schedule on the roads or in the air this season.

This is the way I look at it. When I go to a Department store and some salesperson approaches me and asks if they can help me....and I'm not ready to make a purchase....and later, in another area of the store, when I'm ready to buy something and another salesperson approaches me, I don't feel allegiance to the first person, and I'm not going to go hunt them down...I just go with whoever is handy and ready to help me. Of course, you're working for big bucks....but in that case, it's up to the buyer to ask for who they want to help them. If the buyer didn't mind you waiting on him, then he probably didn't feel allegiance to your friend. Your friend might not have made an impression on the buyer....he's fault.

Thank you, we were happy to meet up with no delays on the trip. That is going to be fun for your neighbor....to see their new used car with a Big Bow in their driveway.....:)

Good Tuesday to all our Cappucinistas out there, and a very blessed, safe and delicious :) holiday season I wish you.

I helped a client (who is also a friend) completely clean out his mother's apartment. She has now moved to a retirement home. That took 10 straight hours, my arms are falling off my body and the shower I just took may just be the most needed shower of my life. :D I also just received some new furniture today as a result. LOL.

Hope to see you all a lot LESS here over the next days, because that means that people are in the loving arms of their family members and enjoying what this time is all about.

:thup:

My little one comes to Papa's place on 25.12, stays until 27.12 and then I have her with me from 31.12-05.01. Happy days ahead for me.

We just got home from our 'secret santa' trip. We always find a family who is really down and out and put together a good xmas for them. This was really heartbreaking. No fault of their own, some bad luck, a death in the family and illness.

They had a tiny little scrawny tree and one gift for each kid - underwear and socks. We left them a huge amount of food and gifts for all of them. They don't know us and will likely never see us again. Good time had by all and we left quietly.

Forum List

Back