"The Cause Is Still Not Known"

The following was just reported:

"LAKEWOOD, N.J. (WABC) -- A serious crash involving two vehicles left 14 people injured, two critically, in Lakewood, New Jersey, Tuesday night.

The drivers of a van and an SUV collided at the intersection of New Hampshire Avenue and Pine Avenue around 7:15 p.m.

Eyewitnesses said the van was carrying workers from a nearby car rental facility.

The injured were taken to...."
14 hurt, 2 critically, when SUV, van collide in Lakewood, New Jersey | 7online.com

What got my attention was the final sentence read by the news reader:

"Investigators are looking into what caused the crash."

Now...had this been "14 Shot....."

Would the news reader have had any hesitation in assigning the cause to guns?

Seems some inanimate objects come with intentions.....

Are you really this stupid? Amazing. Cars are meant to not crash, so when they do, the cause can't be the car itself. There has to be a reason. With guns, their purpose is to kill, so when someone is shot by a gun, there is no need to ask for a cause. It is obvious that someone pulled the fucking trigger.

Another idiot that has never been to a demolition derby.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YacWsWuUc-I]2012 Demolition Derby - YouTube[/ame]

The following was just reported:

"LAKEWOOD, N.J. (WABC) -- A serious crash involving two vehicles left 14 people injured, two critically, in Lakewood, New Jersey, Tuesday night.

The drivers of a van and an SUV collided at the intersection of New Hampshire Avenue and Pine Avenue around 7:15 p.m.

Eyewitnesses said the van was carrying workers from a nearby car rental facility.

The injured were taken to...."
14 hurt, 2 critically, when SUV, van collide in Lakewood, New Jersey | 7online.com

What got my attention was the final sentence read by the news reader:

"Investigators are looking into what caused the crash."

Now...had this been "14 Shot....."

Would the news reader have had any hesitation in assigning the cause to guns?

Seems some inanimate objects come with intentions.....

When some a gun fires, something went right, as this is the purpose of a gun. When a car crashes, something went wrong, and we need to figure that out. Understand, you half wit? That would explain why the reporter said that. You just need something to poke fun at.

When someone uses a gun, and it misfires, and someone dies as a result, do the news agencies demand investigations into why it failed, or do they use that to argue that guns are not safe and should be banned?

Last edited:
Hey it was global warming dammit!!!!! J7ust like it is also why gang members kill each other with guns that are illegal!!!!! didn't you get the memo?

And what if you're approaching an intersection and your brakes fail? No human caused that.

What if somebody deliberately cut the brake line, would that count as a human cause of the brake failure? Isn't that the real reason they investigate accidents, to make sure they are accidents?

What have we learned?

I am willing to bet you haven't learned anything. I, however, have learned that you are a complete idiot.

That inserting a bunch of spaces between our lines makes for some kind of dramatic effect?

You can't even do that right. You randomly mix spaces and returns in an attempt to look intelligent, and you only manage proving you don't understand how to format a paper.

Apparently not.

Btw your premise itself is inoperative. Of course guns are designed to kill. Ever heard the term "hunting"?
What do you suppose those hunters are doing? Taking animals for a ride?

Guns are not designed to kill, they are designed to fire a projectile. If guns were designed to kill they would be used to beat people to death.

If you had considered the fact of the realities of the existence that I have provided, made known, divulged and revealed upon this day, the argument that you attempted to advance would not have failed before it started.

You believe your version of the truth is reality? Do you take Thorazine?

What have we learned?

Prolly not much.

I have learned infinitely more than you ever will.

More people die from heart disease and cancer than die from guns

Therefore.....until we can stop all other forms of death, we can't do anything to reduce gun deaths

Between automobiles and guns....which says on the advertisement 'Designed to Kill"?

Oh.....neither?

Well, then....which must be used in that fashion?

Oh....neither?

Which are you forced to purchase or use?

Neither?

So....how about you avail yourself of the right not to purchase or use either/

I leave it up to you...it's your business.

And stay out of my business.

And, as for this: "That inserting a bunch of spaces between our lines makes for some kind of dramatic effect?"

Don't like the form of my post?

So?

We're actually reducing the debate all the way to how it's advertised?? Really?

Ever seen cigarettes advertised on the basis that they'll give you a quick path to cancer?
Why not?
Oh. My. God. Is it possible there's a credibility gap between advertising and reality? Who knew?

What have we learned?

Even less than I thought.

And stay out of my business.

How the fuck am I "in your business"??? You opened a thread, then you wanna get all snippy when somebody replies?? Wtf is the thread for then?

Also I never said I "don't like" the style of endless spaces.

What I'm doing is mocking it. Satire exaggerates how silly the original is.

Hope you

"like" it.

"What I'm doing is mocking it. Satire exaggerates how silly the original is."

You're really not.

The effort requires far more talent than you show, in order to move from annoying to boring to mocking.
You're stuck at half past annoying.

And...you have nothing else of substance to add?
That's it?

Have I given you enough time so you don't feel entirely worthless?
Good.

Apparently it worked, as the pretentious spaces are gone. You're welcome.

And what if you're approaching an intersection and your brakes fail? No human caused that.

What if somebody deliberately cut the brake line, would that count as a human cause of the brake failure? Isn't that the real reason they investigate accidents, to make sure they are accidents?

Somebody didn't cut the brake line. It's mechanical failure. This is my scenario; you don't get to edit it. I tossed an exception monkey wrench into the not-so-well-oiled machine of Supergirl's postulation and it came to a screeching halt.

What have we learned?

I am willing to bet you haven't learned anything. I, however, have learned that you are a complete idiot.

Depending on the definition of "you"...

You can't even do that right. You randomly mix spaces and returns in an attempt to look intelligent, and you only manage proving you don't understand how to format a paper.

That was satire. Sorry it flew over your head. When you grow up you'll be taller.

Guns are not designed to kill, they are designed to fire a projectile. If guns were designed to kill they would be used to beat people to death.

Apparently you're as good a gun designer as you are a bettor.
But if that's the case.... what is that guy in your avatar doing? Cleaning the other guy's ears with a "projectile"?

If you had considered the fact of the realities of the existence that I have provided, made known, divulged and revealed upon this day, the argument that you attempted to advance would not have failed before it started.

You believe your version of the truth is reality? Do you take Thorazine?

No, thanks. Keep it for yourself.

What have we learned?

Prolly not much.

Excellent. Someday maybe you could bring it to the board and dispense with this codswallop you've got here.

Last edited:

Somebody didn't cut the brake line. It's mechanical failure. This is my scenario; you don't get to edit it. I tossed an exception monkey wrench into the not-so-well-oiled machine of Supergirl's postulation and it came to a screeching halt.

That was satire. Sorry it flew over your head. When you grow up you'll be taller.

What have we learned?

Prolly not much.

Excellent. Someday maybe you could bring it to the board and dispense with this codswallop you've got here.

What's the matter? I pointed out a whole in your logic you could fly the Space Shuttle through and you whine? Is the mechanical failure causes by faulty parts, incompetent maintenance, or a deliberate intent to sabotage the brake system? This is why police investigate accidents, and treat the scene of an accident like a crime scene, to make sure the media cannot come back and ask questions afterwards. Yet, when there is a gun crime, they blame the gun, not the person using it.

So far all you have accomplishes is proving you aren't sneaky enough to take on the simple premises, much less the more complicated ones about how the media approaches different scenarios. That might explain why this thread is under media, and not Dumb Ass Stupidity Perpetuated by Pogo.

What's the matter? I pointed out a whole in your logic you could fly the Space Shuttle through and you whine? Is the mechanical failure causes by faulty parts, incompetent maintenance, or a deliberate intent to sabotage the brake system? This is why police investigate accidents, and treat the scene of an accident like a crime scene, to make sure the media cannot come back and ask questions afterwards. Yet, when there is a gun crime, they blame the gun, not the person using it.

So far all you have accomplishes is proving you aren't sneaky enough to take on the simple premises, much less the more complicated ones about how the media approaches different scenarios. That might explain why this thread is under media, and not Dumb Ass Stupidity Perpetuated by Pogo.

:lmao: where do you see "whine", dood? This is simple logic. Maybe too simple.

Again in little tiny words, this is my scenario. I own it. I created it. I birthed it. YOU don't get to jump in and alter it. You just don't. Go get your own. This ain't rocket surgery. Sheesh. :cuckoo:

Nobody "blames the gun". I'm not aware of any gun that has been indicted or tried or imprisoned. Perps get that. On this planet anyway.

Last edited:
We're actually reducing the debate all the way to how it's advertised?? Really?

Ever seen cigarettes advertised on the basis that they'll give you a quick path to cancer?
Why not?
Oh. My. God. Is it possible there's a credibility gap between advertising and reality? Who knew?

What have we learned?

Even less than I thought.

How the fuck am I "in your business"??? You opened a thread, then you wanna get all snippy when somebody replies?? Wtf is the thread for then?

Also I never said I "don't like" the style of endless spaces.

What I'm doing is mocking it. Satire exaggerates how silly the original is.

Hope you

"like" it.

"What I'm doing is mocking it. Satire exaggerates how silly the original is."

You're really not.

The effort requires far more talent than you show, in order to move from annoying to boring to mocking.
You're stuck at half past annoying.

And...you have nothing else of substance to add?
That's it?

Have I given you enough time so you don't feel entirely worthless?
Good.

Apparently it worked, as the pretentious spaces are gone. You're welcome.

You work much too hard at trying to be cute.

Doesn't work for you.

Makes you appear to be a jerk......

.....just tryin' to be helpful.

Again in little tiny words, this is my scenario. I own it. I created it. I birthed it. YOU don't get to jump in and alter it. You just don't. Go get your own. This ain't rocket surgery. Sheesh. :cuckoo:

Nobody "blames the gun". I'm not aware of any gun that has been indicted or tried or imprisoned. Perps get that. On this planet anyway.

This is a message board, you forfeit the right to dictate to me by posting on it. If you ever get me in a situation where you are dictator you can claim you get to dictate my response, until then, stop whinging.

This is a message board, you forfeit the right to dictate to me by posting on it. If you ever get me in a situation where you are dictator you can claim you get to dictate my response, until then, stop whinging.

You're not the boss of me

You're not the boss of me

I don't recall telling you you have to do things my way, I leave that to the Democrats.

"Whinging"? Didn't that party die out in the 19th century?

This is a message board, and within that board I constructed a scenario to make a point. That scenario, because it's my creation, is what I say it is, and only what I say it is. I know you people are control freaks but no, you don't get to make other people's points for them. This is pretty elementary stuff dood. Can't do it. Here or anywhere else. You ain't my teammate here.

Not only that but it was a scenario for a point to somebody else. You're actually trying to alter my basis for a point I made to somebody else. :bang3:

Last edited:

This is a message board, and within that board I constructed a scenario to make a point. That scenario, because it's my creation, is what I say it is, and only what I say it is. I know you people are control freaks but no, you don't get to make other people's points for them. This is pretty elementary stuff dood. Can't do it. Here or anywhere else. You ain't my teammate here.

Not only that but it was a scenario for a point to somebody else. You're actually trying to alter my basis for a point I made to somebody else. :bang3:

No, you did not. It wasn't until I pointed out the massive wholes in your idiotic comeback that you tried to retroactively redefine it as a constructed scenario.

No, you did not. It wasn't until I pointed out the massive wholes in your idiotic comeback that you tried to retroactively redefine it as a constructed scenario.

Bull SHIT. I posted this scenario back here in post 16. You didn't even show up here until 21 and didn't address my post until 25, when you tried to change it around to veer off into some tangent about "investigations".

Busted.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back