The Christian Holy Day Of Halloween

What kind of costumes are you Christians go to wear this Halloween for your holy day?

• witch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ghost

• zombie

• vampire

• not sure as of yet

• Total voters

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
"The origins of Halloween are, in fact, very Christian and rather American. Halloween falls on October 31 because of a pope, and its observances are the result of medieval Catholic piety.

It’s true that the ancient Celts of Ireland and Britain celebrated a minor festival on October 31--as they did on the last day of most other months of the year. However, Halloween falls on the last day of October because the Feast of All Saints, or "All Hallows," falls on November 1. The feast in honor of all the saints in heaven used to be celebrated on May 13, but Pope Gregory III (d. 741) moved it to November 1, the dedication day of All Saints Chapel in St. Peter’s at Rome. Later, in the 840s, Pope Gregory IV commanded that All Saints be observed everywhere. And so the holy day spread to Ireland."

Read more at Surprise Halloween s Not a Pagan Festival After All - Beliefnet.com

• Banned
"The origins of Halloween are, in fact, very Christian and rather American. Halloween falls on October 31 because of a pope, and its observances are the result of medieval Catholic piety.

It’s true that the ancient Celts of Ireland and Britain celebrated a minor festival on October 31--as they did on the last day of most other months of the year. However, Halloween falls on the last day of October because the Feast of All Saints, or "All Hallows," falls on November 1. The feast in honor of all the saints in heaven used to be celebrated on May 13, but Pope Gregory III (d. 741) moved it to November 1, the dedication day of All Saints Chapel in St. Peter’s at Rome. Later, in the 840s, Pope Gregory IV commanded that All Saints be observed everywhere. And so the holy day spread to Ireland."

Read more at Surprise Halloween s Not a Pagan Festival After All - Beliefnet.com

Halloween” is simply a contraction for All Hallow’s Eve (Hallow-Even—Hallow-E’n—Halloween). The word “hallow” means “saint,” in that “hallow” is just an alternative form of the word “holy” (“hallowed be Thy name”). All Saints’ Day is November 1. It is the celebration of the victory of the saints in union with the christians Christ

25sml3q.jpg

Samhain (Hallowe'en) is way pre-Christian; it was one of the Celtic "cross-quarter" days interspersed halfway between the solstices and equinoxes (the others being Imbolc (February 1 or 2), Beltane (May 1) and Lughnasadh (August 1). Samhain marked the Harvest and the beginning of the darker side of the year, and had a connotation of communion with the spirits of the dead. The Mexican "Day of the Dead" (same dates) has similar origins in Native America and also predates Christianism by at least a thousand years.

The "All Saints Day" claptrap was invented by the Church to piggyback onto an already-existing popular holiday, same as Christmas and Easter were. It wasn't even brought into the Church until the 7th century.

Have a look back at last year's thread.

Last edited:

Stopped dressing up for Halloween at 17 when dressed in my ninja gi a neighbor gave me crap about it :) "Aren't you a little old to be trick or treating?" Hey, it's free candy. :)

For that viper that grows inside your head
she remains there waiting to be fed
self made parasite speculating about the end
(I ask you)
Can you forgive her?
Back into the womb of this holy woman
else pregnant of an entire breed
of men afraid to create, (to) take place and to proceed
(I ask you)
Can you forgive them?
They promised me a miracle
a private god for me to hold
Can you forgive me?
someone to really really love
Can you forgive me?
Your handmade god
is back into your womb
Is it right to indulge on an ecstasy
of creating a god that sees what I see,
looks exactly like me, rather what I (what I) wanted to be
Can you forgive me?
For that viper that grew inside my head
for having betrayed you so well
Can you forgive me?
when all my crimes will be just one
but now is gone.
They promised me a miracle.
Back to your womb it feels so cold

it should then be rather obvious that Halloween is NOT a Christian holiday, but the night BEFORE a Christian holiday......it appears you little pagans are still playing tricks.....

Forum List

Back