The Conservative philosophy is...

actually...we have training manuals you can read...explains everything you need to know.....

-- The Declaration of Independence

-- The Constitution of the United States

-- The Bill of Rights....

also see...The Federalist Papers, and the writings of the various founding father's....

That should be a good primer......as a lefty you won't really understand them...but you can try...

Let us PLEASE not conflate the word "conservative", the word in the subject line, with the word "Republican" the word substituted here.

They are not the same.
The Republican party might have been "conservative" back when Barry Goldwater was running for president.
That was a LONG time ago.
"... the magnificently misnamed "neo-conservatives", are the most radical people in this town [Washington DC]" George Will / ABC-TV This Week July 16, 2006
2a #3 is right.
But there's nothing in any of those documents against same sex marriage, and nothing in any of those documents that grants our governments the authority to impose martial oppression against the People under the guise of "Drug War".

The liberal philosophy is

I want the government to do everything as long as someone else pays for it

Like police?
Like roads? Read up on economics on why such is best.
Like regulations for clean air, water, food and workers rights?

Even the founders fought for the ability to tax as that is a basic need of civilization...You're a nut.

I don't care what government does. I just want to pay less taxes.

Are you rich?? If so then you're already paying too little.

If you enjoy living in a first world nation then your taxes are damn low for the quality of life you get.

Like police?
Like roads? Read up on economics on why such is best.
Like regulations for clean air, water, food and workers rights?

Even the founders fought for the ability to tax as that is a basic need of civilization...You're a nut.

Where did I ever say I think there should be no taxes?

But our government goes far beyond the basic needs idea now doesn't it?

Forum List

Back