The Constitution Prohibits Trump From Ever Being President Again

Trump HAS to be charged under 2383 to be disqualified, here’s why.

as far as I’m aware, there are only 2 statutes that can disqualify a president…treason and insurrection.

Section 5 of the 14th amendment says that Congress has to enforce the 14th amendment by appropriate legislation. This means CONGRESS are the ones who enforce it. They did this by passing 18 US 2383. 2383 says the penalties for being involved with an insurrection are a fine, or imprisonment, or both, AND disqualification from office. Because fines and imprisonment are involved, it makes it a criminal statute, and since you can’t send someone to prison without due process, a charge and conviction in a federal court MUST happen in order to disqualify him from the ballot.

Trump HAS to be charged under 2383 to be disqualified, here’s why.

as far as I’m aware, there are only 2 statutes that can disqualify a president…treason and insurrection.

Section 5 of the 14th amendment says that Congress has to enforce the 14th amendment by appropriate legislation. This means CONGRESS are the ones who enforce it. They did this by passing 18 US 2383. 2383 says the penalties for being involved with an insurrection are a fine, or imprisonment, or both, AND disqualification from office. Because fines and imprisonment are involved, it makes it a criminal statute, and since you can’t send someone to prison without due process, a charge and conviction in a federal court MUST happen in order to disqualify him from the ballot.
If you insist on making sense, our liberals will be frothing — more than they already are.

Stop lying. traitor.
Fortunately for me...
(1) I am not lying
(2) I am not a traitor
----------------------
You, on the other hand, if Rump ever stops suddenly, you're going to have a brown, gooey, smelly nose. Your boy lies. So do you.
----------------------
But none of that serves to counterpoint what was said.

Why?

Because you lack the substance and ammunition to make a solid case pertaining to either Insurrection of the applicability of the 14th.

Now...go back to your masters for better talking points... and go dry-hump somebody else's leg, pi$$ant... you're way out of your league.

you got that attitude because you fall into line when they tell you too....nice and compliant.....
Nonsense. I was raised to respect the Rule of Law rather than your Cult of Personality. SCOTUS is the highest legal arbiter.

Do you think your Orange Baboon-God is above The Law?

Do you think your Orange Baboon-God is the highest legal arbiter?

Befehl ist befehl, eh, Hermann?

1703214304165.png

Nonsense. I was raised to respect the Rule of Law rather than your Cult of Personality. SCOTUS is the highest legal arbiter.

Do you think your Orange Baboon-God is above The Law?

Do you think your Orange Baboon-God is the highest legal arbiter?

Befehl ist befehl, eh, Hermann?
who the fuck is my orange baboon god?....geezus christ dipshit say the assholes name....or did your gods tell you you couldnt?...yep nice and compliant....

J. Michael Luttig is a former federal judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.

Laurence H. Tribe is the Carl M. Loeb University Professor of Constitutional Law Emeritus at Harvard University.

The only question is whether American citizens today can uphold that commitment.

As students of the United States Constitution for many decades—one of us as a U.S. Court of Appeals judge, the other as a professor of constitutional law, and both as constitutional advocates, scholars, and practitioners—we long ago came to the conclusion that the Fourteenth Amendment, the amendment ratified in 1868 that represents our nation’s second founding and a new birth of freedom, contains within it a protection against the dissolution of the republic by a treasonous president.

This protection, embodied in the amendment’s often-overlooked Section 3, automatically excludes from future office and position of power in the United States government—and also from any equivalent office and position of power in the sovereign states and their subdivisions—any person who has taken an oath to support and defend our Constitution and thereafter rebels against that sacred charter, either through overt insurrection or by giving aid or comfort to the Constitution’s enemies.

The historically unprecedented federal and state indictments of former President Donald Trump have prompted many to ask whether his conviction pursuant to any or all of these indictments would be either necessary or sufficient to deny him the office of the presidency in 2024.

Trump Is Constitutionally Prohibited From the Presidency

I agree with Luttig and Tribe. Section 3 of the 14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution seem clear to me! What will SCOTUS do? What do you think?
Only in your dreams :eusa_whistle:

J. Michael Luttig is a former federal judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.

Laurence H. Tribe is the Carl M. Loeb University Professor of Constitutional Law Emeritus at Harvard University.

The only question is whether American citizens today can uphold that commitment.

As students of the United States Constitution for many decades—one of us as a U.S. Court of Appeals judge, the other as a professor of constitutional law, and both as constitutional advocates, scholars, and practitioners—we long ago came to the conclusion that the Fourteenth Amendment, the amendment ratified in 1868 that represents our nation’s second founding and a new birth of freedom, contains within it a protection against the dissolution of the republic by a treasonous president.

This protection, embodied in the amendment’s often-overlooked Section 3, automatically excludes from future office and position of power in the United States government—and also from any equivalent office and position of power in the sovereign states and their subdivisions—any person who has taken an oath to support and defend our Constitution and thereafter rebels against that sacred charter, either through overt insurrection or by giving aid or comfort to the Constitution’s enemies.

The historically unprecedented federal and state indictments of former President Donald Trump have prompted many to ask whether his conviction pursuant to any or all of these indictments would be either necessary or sufficient to deny him the office of the presidency in 2024.

Trump Is Constitutionally Prohibited From the Presidency

I agree with Luttig and Tribe. Section 3 of the 14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution seem clear to me! What will SCOTUS do? What do you think?

States don't have the authority to disqualify Trump under the 14th, Co will be overturned, some predict, including commiecrats, that Trump will prevail 9-0.

Forum List

Back