The Cosmological Arguments for God's Existence

So its really about ego and your fear of death.
How so? I certainly don't consider myself either worthy or perfect. Do you wish to die?

I don't consider myself perfect either. I think to consider myself unworthy (unworthy of what?), is a prescription for a maladjusted personality (and I'm not suggesting that you are maladjusted).

I think that one result of not adhering to the proscription of an ideology that promises eternal damnation for not following the ideology can have serious emotional consequences. I cannot logically resolve a vengeful, vicious god. “His” message comes with an underlying threat that is repulsive. He can wash away all sins if he wants to. He doesn't want to. Thus he permits the eternal condemnation of most of his children. If his concern was truly safety, he'd change his behavior to one that really embraces safety.

If I were "infinitely merciful" there would be no act that could possibly circumvent my infinite mercy. The comparisons to humans don’t ever work, even as an illustration, because theists insist on a perfect and ultimate and unlimited god. Infinite love and mercy should be what it is-- infinite love and mercy. Eternal damnation is a contradiction to those attributes, and there is no way to reconcile a god who establishes amorality as morality.
I was listening to a woman caller regarding emotional distress she faced when realizing that Religion was a crock of shit.

She said she had felt so empty at first, and that was because she thought she lost purpose...thought that, since her Religion was untrue, there's just no purpose to living.

Then her and the host shared stories of realizing that life was more invigorating once it dawned on them that they're free to decide their own purpose. The simple realization released some gigantic burden off of their shoulders...and made them happy, and focused.

Freedom is beautiful, like that. When I decided my purpose, everything started to click for me as well and its been fulfilling ever since, I really have to say.
If that were true you wouldn’t need to validate your beliefs by attacking the beliefs of others.
I dont validate my beliefs that way, shuckster, so I guess you dont need to be worried about me anymore thanks. :113:
I don’t give your failed behaviors a second thought.

But I absolutely do believe you validate your beliefs by attacking the beliefs of others.

How so? I certainly don't consider myself either worthy or perfect. Do you wish to die?

I don't consider myself perfect either. I think to consider myself unworthy (unworthy of what?), is a prescription for a maladjusted personality (and I'm not suggesting that you are maladjusted).

I think that one result of not adhering to the proscription of an ideology that promises eternal damnation for not following the ideology can have serious emotional consequences. I cannot logically resolve a vengeful, vicious god. “His” message comes with an underlying threat that is repulsive. He can wash away all sins if he wants to. He doesn't want to. Thus he permits the eternal condemnation of most of his children. If his concern was truly safety, he'd change his behavior to one that really embraces safety.

If I were "infinitely merciful" there would be no act that could possibly circumvent my infinite mercy. The comparisons to humans don’t ever work, even as an illustration, because theists insist on a perfect and ultimate and unlimited god. Infinite love and mercy should be what it is-- infinite love and mercy. Eternal damnation is a contradiction to those attributes, and there is no way to reconcile a god who establishes amorality as morality.
I was listening to a woman caller regarding emotional distress she faced when realizing that Religion was a crock of shit.

She said she had felt so empty at first, and that was because she thought she lost purpose...thought that, since her Religion was untrue, there's just no purpose to living.

Then her and the host shared stories of realizing that life was more invigorating once it dawned on them that they're free to decide their own purpose. The simple realization released some gigantic burden off of their shoulders...and made them happy, and focused.

Freedom is beautiful, like that. When I decided my purpose, everything started to click for me as well and its been fulfilling ever since, I really have to say.
If that were true you wouldn’t need to validate your beliefs by attacking the beliefs of others.
I dont validate my beliefs that way, shuckster, so I guess you dont need to be worried about me anymore thanks. :113:

But I absolutely do believe you validate your beliefs by attacking the beliefs of others.
Your absolute beliefs are all fucking stupid, so Im on solid ground there!

Meanwhile, youre in every literal thread following every literal post in the Religion forum, so projection is what happened there regarding validation...but that's beyond your scope of observatory skills.:lol:

How old do you believe the atoms in your body are?
The atoms have been in his body for about 7 years, but the atoms themselves are about 6 billion years old, formed from lighter elements in a Generation 2 star that Supernovaed and deposited the carbon into our solar system as it formed about 5 billion years ago.

The hydrogen atoms of the universe are about 12 billion years old depending on which estimate you choose. At 61 years old, I prefer YOUNGER estimates.

:D.
I believe the atoms in our body were created when space and time were created. They started out as sub atomic particles and have merely changed form since that time. First cosmic evolution, then stellar evolution and then chemical evolution. I believe you are describing when the chemical evolution occurred.
I believe the atoms in our body were created when space and time were created. They started out as sub atomic particles and have merely changed form since that time. First cosmic evolution, then stellar evolution and then chemical evolution. I believe you are describing when the chemical evolution occurred.

the elements of the periodic chart were the first life forms in the universe -

View attachment 279534

the compounds became the initial steps to the creation of physiology, by means found in the metaphysical forces used necessary for all beings that exist.
No. Actually the first form of energy were subatomic particles.
No. Actually the first form of energy were subatomic particles.

the elements of the periodic chart were the first life forms in the universe -

what do you mean - no. the subatomic particles began the metaphysical process for the beginning of life, where is your contradiction.
Life didn’t emerge for billions of years later.

Meanwhile, youre in every literal thread following every literal post in the Religion forum, so projection is what happened there regarding validation...but that's beyond your scope of observatory skills.:lol:
Thanks for proving my point.

:113:

Wow, thats compelling. I guess that, between you and the 100s of other christian sects that all have disagreements with each other, all but one of you also read the wrong book. Let me guess which one is the only one who read the right book...you? Of course.

Job is bad literature, verbose and meandering, that is basically a huge box with a tiny, stupid little argument inside.
We don't all disagree. Many hold to the very same truths but they originated under different leadership and from different countries: Lutherans (Germany), Huguenots (French), Mennonite (Swiss), Puritans (English), etc..
No, apologetics is actually for believers. Let’s be honest and admit that overwhelmingly, believers are born into a culture, society that favors some over others. Raise a child in a Hindu culture and overwhelmingly that child will be a believer in the Hindu gods.

Belief for most people is uncritically accepting the gods you were given as a function of place of birth.
There are Jews who are Messianic, and there are many former Hindi who now know Christ as their personal Savior. People who are honest, will realize that trying to be good enough for GOD isn't possible. There is the need of a permanent solution. Jesus was/is the only permanent solution..

GOD is love and that love is eternal. However, GOD is also just and perfect. The reality is that GOD and imperfection cannot exist in the same space. It is one's sin that separates one from GOD and not GOD perfection that separates GOD from man. God will is not to make anyone live with HIM; however, hell is the place that exists devoid of GOD's influence. And those that hate GOD's influence will find an existence without GOD is hell indeed.

I'm not so sure about the "god is love" statement. These are the same gods who wiped most of humanity from the planet because they were a disappointment. That is not an attribute of a just and perfect god.

I guess the notion of justice / injustice defeats the purpose of the eternal sacrifice... that sacrifice is for sins against God (as per Christian theology) but what about man against man??? Who pays the price and who gets rewards??

That was the point of the faith (rewards in an afterlife) and the promise of religion in the first place! And my overwhelming experience is that believers find it very easy to believe because the dynamic of the belief system makes you feel good about choosing "correctly" and it addresses your concerns about mortality. It just doesn't back them up with any authority.

It's not pleasant to think there's no "ultimate justice" out there. It sucks to realize that a dead Hitler is pretty much beyond suffering for his cruelties. But it's the truth. And we need the truth to function properly, to explore, and learn. Our time is short, and we are beings that want to know what our universe is like, what it doesn't. how it works.

For a limited time only, of course.

We don't all disagree. Many hold to the very same truths but they originated under different leadership and from different countries: Lutherans (Germany), Huguenots (French), Mennonite (Swiss), Puritans (English), etc..
There are Jews who are Messianic, and there are many former Hindi who now know Christ as their personal Savior. People who are honest, will realize that trying to be good enough for GOD isn't possible. There is the need of a permanent solution. Jesus was/is the only permanent solution..

GOD is love and that love is eternal. However, GOD is also just and perfect. The reality is that GOD and imperfection cannot exist in the same space. It is one's sin that separates one from GOD and not GOD perfection that separates GOD from man. God will is not to make anyone live with HIM; however, hell is the place that exists devoid of GOD's influence. And those that hate GOD's influence will find an existence without GOD is hell indeed.

I'm not so sure about the "god is love" statement. These are the same gods who wiped most of humanity from the planet because they were a disappointment. That is not an attribute of a just and perfect god.

I guess the notion of justice / injustice defeats the purpose of the eternal sacrifice... that sacrifice is for sins against God (as per Christian theology) but what about man against man??? Who pays the price and who gets rewards??

That was the point of the faith (rewards in an afterlife) and the promise of religion in the first place! And my overwhelming experience is that believers find it very easy to believe because the dynamic of the belief system makes you feel good about choosing "correctly" and it addresses your concerns about mortality. It just doesn't back them up with any authority.

It's not pleasant to think there's no "ultimate justice" out there. It sucks to realize that a dead Hitler is pretty much beyond suffering for his cruelties. But it's the truth. And we need the truth to function properly, to explore, and learn. Our time is short, and we are beings that want to know what our universe is like, what it doesn't. how it works.

For a limited time only, of course.
That’s only because your people did a really piss poor job of passing down the meaning behind the allegorical accounts.

.. you claim them for yourself, no doubt they will have chosen you, the false messiah religion than the true religion of antiquity till their repeat appearances either wore them out or they simply perished - forever.

only the forgeries of the 4th century christian bible need be purged, bringing to lite what was its true value long lost - that is the rendering to the Almighty, the mission required of the faithful - for fruition.

Yes, they had a choice and made it. Where are the scientists who believed in your religion of antiquity from the ancient times? You had Abraham and Moses, but Christianity had Jesus and they were converted. As for the rest, they came later -- Top 10 Most Influential Jews In History - Listverse.

bond: Where are the scientists who believed in your religion of antiquity from the ancient times?

upload_2019-9-16_12-35-6.jpeg

in your dungeons - throughout history, christianity has always remained a hierarchy of the deception that created it.

they are not your scientists, they've always questioned that book, not worth their necks is a sad way to have to maintain their livelihood.

Here is what creation scientists contributed to science before then and who they are. Some of the greatest scientists of the past:

Francis-Bacon.jpg

... you claim them for yourself, no doubt they will have chosen you, the false messiah religion than the true religion of antiquity till their repeat appearances either wore them out or they simply perished - forever.

only the forgeries of the 4th century christian bible need be purged, bringing to lite what was its true value long lost - that is the rendering to the Almighty, the mission required of the faithful - for fruition.
Yeah, you just jumped the shark.

Welcome to my ignore list, sock.
Yeah, you just jumped the shark.

sorry snowflake ...

Meanwhile, youre in every literal thread following every literal post in the Religion forum

there is a reason the crusaders never won, "attacking the beliefs of others", lack of trying was not one of them.

Meanwhile, youre in every literal thread following every literal post in the Religion forum

there is a reason the crusaders never won, "attacking the beliefs of others", lack of trying was not one of them.
But they did. They stopped the advance. You probably believe the Cathars weren’t the aggressors too.

What’s the reason you think they didn’t win?

in your dungeons - throughout history, christianity has always remained a hierarchy of the deception that created it.

they are not your scientists, they've always questioned that book, not worth their necks is a sad way to have to maintain their livelihood.

You picture is from later times, not the times we are discussing.

Jesus came and has gone. He converted those around him like Abraham and Moses and fulfilled the Mosaic law. However, I do not know the story of what happened between Abraham and Jesus. Moses, we are well aware of.

Is this a correct version -- Sending the Light :: When Abraham and Jesus Met

What do i need to repent for exactly?

Is homosexuality a sin and are you going to repent or else face the consequences? I suppose the consequences are being butt hurt, but not the way you want it.

What do i need to repent for exactly?

Is homosexuality a sin and are you going to repent or else face the consequences? I suppose the consequences are being butt hurt, but not the way you want it.
Now let me correct your errors.

1. Being gay is not a sin in the eye of the Lord. He created them and everything he created is good. You should know this because according to the account after every step he would stop and say it is good.

2. The act of homosexual sex is the sin but only if it is from lust and is promiscuous. Just the same as it is for heterosexual sex.

Now do you understand?

Forum List

Back