The Crusades: Why are we still fighting them?

The arabic world is about tribalism. The African world is about tribalism. The Muslim religion isn't the only factor contributing to violent conflict in the Middle East and Africa. Even Sri Lanka is tribal warfare. Relgion plays a role but isn't the only cause of conflict.

When Sharia Law is the end game it sure is. True other Religions were on the same in old times, that is not true for us today. Honor Life. Not just that which dances to the same beat as you and I.

A lot of people miss this point: Islam pushes for Islamic law within the government and that naturally leads to conflict and suppression.

The arabic world is about tribalism. The African world is about tribalism. The Muslim religion isn't the only factor contributing to violent conflict in the Middle East and Africa. Even Sri Lanka is tribal warfare. Relgion plays a role but isn't the only cause of conflict.

When Sharia Law is the end game it sure is. True other Religions were on the same in old times, that is not true for us today. Honor Life. Not just that which dances to the same beat as you and I.

A lot of people miss this point: Islam pushes for Islamic law within the government and e that naturally leads to conflict and suppression.

We should remember the advantages of a secular nation that we have and not let some extremist Christians create a theocracy here in the US.

A lot of people miss this point: Islam pushes for Islamic law within the government and e that naturally leads to conflict and suppression.

We should remember the advantages of a secular nation that we have and not let some extremist Christians create a theocracy here in the US.

Christianity itself disallows that. Our missionaries build hospitals and schools, we don't advocate blowing things up. You keep comparing apples to oranges SD. We do not support Totalitarian Rule, nor do we support the End justifying the means. We may baptize you in water by submersion, that is a far cry from decapitation. ;)

Christianity itself disallows that. Our missionaries build hospitals and schools, we don't advocate blowing things up. You keep comparing apples to oranges SD. We do not support Totalitarian Rule, nor do we support the End justifying the means. We may baptize you in water by submersion, that is a far cry from decapitation. ;)

I'm talking about Christian dominionists. You know the ones who think the US is a Christian nation and want that to mean theocracy. The ones that own the GOP. I thought Jesus said his kingdom was not of this earth?

http://www.religiondispatches.org/b...ents_the_christian_right_takeover_of_the_gop/

Google New Apostolic Reformation and Sarah Palin

Last edited:

I'm talking about Christian dominionists. You know the ones who think the US is a Christian nation and want that to mean theocracy. The ones that own the GOP.

Personally I think we live in an Oligarchy. I think it own's both the RNC and the DNC. We are experiencing a very over run production. One would think we all would have caught on by now, yet the strategy of divide, misinform, rile up, and conquer, has played pretty well for the puppet masters. I think they grow tired of our complaints and seek to humble or replace us. They appear to need our consent so much that they are willing to spend billions to keep us ill-educated, misguided, and stupid. They are good at playing us. True Christian's are the least of our problems. A little bit of toleration goes a long way. It wouldn't hurt you. Use the Christian teaching of separation of Church and State to educate others.

Religious Freedom Page: Memorial and Remonstrance Against Religious Assessments, James Madison (1785)

Remember that the same person that gave us separation of church and state, told us that our obligation to our creator takes precedence over our obligation to society or government. That is why he also shared nonviolent civil disobedience with us. ;)

I'm talking about Christian dominionists. You know the ones who think the US is a Christian nation and want that to mean theocracy. The ones that own the GOP.

Personally I think we live in an Oligarchy. I think it own's both the RNC and the DNC. We are experiencing a very over run production. One would think we all would have caught on by now, yet the strategy of divide, misinform, rile up, and conquer, has played pretty well for the puppet masters. I think they grow tired of our complaints and seek to humble or replace us. They appear to need our consent so much that they are willing to spend billions to keep us ill-educated, misguided, and stupid. They are good at playing us. True Christian's are the least of our problems. A little bit of toleration goes a long way. It wouldn't hurt you. Use the Christian teaching of separation of Church and State to educate others.

Religious Freedom Page: Memorial and Remonstrance Against Religious Assessments, James Madison (1785)

Remember that the same person that gave us separation of church and state, told us that our obligation to our creator takes precedence over our obligation to society or government. That is why he also shared nonviolent civil disobedience with us. ;)

Do you understand dominion theology or not? I can't tell from your post.

You just can't help it can you? Islam is a violent danger to the world and YOU defend it. Christianity is not and you attack it.

You think you have it rough under Christian morals and ethics? I repeat try living in an Islamic Nation. Here you have rights and privileges PROTECTED by the Government. You are FREE to be an sexual persuasion you want. And to celebrate that choice. You are free to be any religion you chose and to OPENLY attend services, create religious buildings. OPENLY carry your religious text. Openly and freely discuss religion in public. Try ANY of that in an Islamic country.

And you STILL claim a dumb ass thing like Christians are the dangerous ones.

The Constitution ensures there will be no religious doctrine enforced through the Government on anyone, even if a few Fundamentalist Christians get elected. The historical reality of Islam is that as they gain in numbers that is not true. They use their numbers to create religious courts, religious laws and a Religious take over of the Government. Then they revoke all the rights and privileges of non Muslim people. And yet you defend them.

Go ahead Sky, tells us of all the Countries the Fundamentalist Christians have done the same.

You just can't help it can you? Islam is a violent danger to the world and YOU defend it. Christianity is not and you attack it.

You think you have it rough under Christian morals and ethics? I repeat try living in an Islamic Nation. Here you have rights and privileges PROTECTED by the Government. You are FREE to be an sexual persuasion you want. And to celebrate that choice. You are free to be any religion you chose and to OPENLY attend services, create religious buildings. OPENLY carry your religious text. Openly and freely discuss religion in public. Try ANY of that in an Islamic country.

The Constitution ensures there will be no religious doctrine enforced through the Government on anyone, even if a few Fundamentalist Christians get elected. The historical reality of Islam is that as they gain in numbers that is not true. They use their numbers to create religious courts, religious laws and a Religious take over of the Government. Then they revoke all the rights and privileges of non Muslim people. And yet you defend them.

Go ahead Sky, tells us of all the Countries the Fundamentalist Christians have done the same.

You may be right about Islam. Kalam has opened my eyes. But you're wrong about all Muslims. I know peaceful American Muslims and Sufis.

I have been studying the Dominionist movement. They seek to establish a Christian theocracy in the US. Why does that not concern you? That seems in direct opposition to Jesus saying his kingdom is not of this world. It seems anti-christian to me.

Do you support theocracy movement or not? How about Sarah Palin and the New Apostolic Reformation?

Hatred is not a Christian value.

Last edited:
I think Sgt and Sky should kiss and make up. You more and more seem to be arguing on the same side of the fence. :)

There has never been a Christian theocracy. We came pretty close during the Medieval period when Popes and Monarchs forged strong alliances; in the post Reformation Church of England and even in some colonial pieces of the New World. But as Christianity has examined and reformed itself over the centuries , those near theocracies have all dissolved and made room for amicable and peaceful coexistance with non-Christian beliefs.

The United States was forged by devout believers who openly admitted they were forging a nation that reflected their Christian beliefs and values and who believed that it would survive only by emulating Christian virtues and values. Even in that environment, no theocracy developed and the little theocracies in some of the colonies/states peacefully dissolved. And as the yearning for freedom and enlightenment that exists within Christianity continued to evolve, the more objectionable practices such as witch hunts, scarlet letters, punishment in the stocks, etc. were all discarded. And well before that even, the Inquisition and Crusades and other punative practices by the Roman Catholic Church had already ended.

In contrast, by the words of the Qu'ran, by the teachings of Islamic scholars, and even by our friend Kalam's own testimony, the intent of Islam is a universal theocracy when all the world will be subject to Allah via Islam.

I think Sgt and Sky should kiss and make up. You more and more seem to be arguing on the same side of the fence. :)

There has never been a Christian theocracy. We came pretty close during the Medieval period when Popes and Monarchs forged strong alliances; in the post Reformation Church of England and even in some colonial pieces of the New World. But as Christianity has examined and reformed itself over the centuries , those near theocracies have all dissolved and made room for amicable and peaceful coexistance with non-Christian beliefs.

The United States was forged by devout believers who openly admitted they were forging a nation that reflected their Christian beliefs and values and who believed that it would survive only by emulating Christian virtues and values. Even in that environment, no theocracy developed and the little theocracies in some of the colonies/states peacefully dissolved. And as the yearning for freedom and enlightenment that exists within Christianity continued to evolve, the more objectionable practices such as witch hunts, scarlet letters, punishment in the stocks, etc. were all discarded. And well before that even, the Inquisition and Crusades and other punative practices by the Roman Catholic Church had already ended.

In contrast, by the words of the Qu'ran, by the teachings of Islamic scholars, and even by our friend Kalam's own testimony, the intent of Islam is a universal theocracy when all the world will be subject to Allah via Islam.

RGS loathes me. He isn't getting over it anytime soon. As for arguing on the same side, RGS cannot even acknowledge points I've conceded. He's stuck in a rut. From my side, I find him hard to cuddle up to. He's always insulting.

There is a movement toward a Christian theocracy. The Dominionists envision their Regents in the Government. They considered GW Bush the first Christian regent. The Christian Right has enormous power in the GOP. Sarah Palin's church is part of the New Apostolic Reformation.

I feel more concern about losing freedom to this group than I do about Islam.

Last edited:

You may be right about Islam. Kalam has opened my eyes. But you're wrong about all Muslims. I know peaceful American Muslims and Sufis.

I have been studying the Dominionist movement. They seek to establish a Christian theocracy in the US. Why does that not concern you? That seems in direct opposition to Jesus saying his kingdom is not of this world. It seems anti-christian to me.

Do you support theocracy movement or not? How about Sarah Palin and the New Apostolic Reformation?

sorry, but your learning on that is faulty
no one is trying to establish a theocracy here
if anyone is, they would be the SMALLEST of a minority
i've told you this MANY times before

GW Bush is considered the First Regent of the Domionist movement.

RGS loathes me. He isn't getting over it anytime soon. As for arguing on the same side, RGS cannot even acknowledge points I've conceded. He's stuck in a rut. From my side, I find him hard to cuddle up to. He's always insulting.

There is a movement toward a Christian theocracy. The Dominionists envision their Regents in the Government. They considered GW Bush the first Christian regent. The Christian Right has enormous power in the GOP. Sarah Palin's church is part of the New Apostolic Reformation.

you have yet to show anything to back that up

BS

show some proof
Bush wasnt even close to something i would consider christian

or conservative
he was more of a moderate than conservative

BS

show some proof
Bush wasnt even close to something i would consider christian

He said during his campaign Christ was his hero and changed his life.

What makes you think he's not a christian?

Bush was elected because of the Christian right. The Christian right has enormous power in the GOP. They own the party.

Last edited:

Sarge hates my guts. He isn't getting over it anytime soon.

I don't know who is telling you this stuff, but I think you really need some new friends or mentors. There are probably few Americans more involved in the Church, Church history, Church trends, religious groups, standard and distorted theologies, than I am for reasons I won't bore you with here. Christians are widely divided among many ideologies ranging from the far Left to the far Right. Most are somewhere in the middle.

I'm not saying there are no Dominionists as you think they are, but I can say with a great deal olf confidence that they are in tiny numbers and have no influence - zero, zip, nada - in the wider Church, in politics, or in government. And I can assure you that neither George W. Bush or Sarah Palin identify with these people in ANY capacity and neither holds a smidgeon of dominionist views.

The closest thing we've ever had to a significant dominionist movement however was the Roman Catholic Church when it was pretty much the only game in town. And even there, its advocates have evolved and learned and progressed to the point they all now pretty much reject government as the way to take dominion over the Earth and, like most Christians, rely on attraction to win the hearts and minds of new converts.

You can't have an estimated 2.5 to 3 billion Christians on Earth without having a few nuts in the midst. To judge the whole by that few, however, is extremely naive, ignorant, and prejudicial.

Most Christians want no more from you than to be a good citizen of your country and hope no more from you than you know the joy and peace they know in Jesus Christ. And if you do not accept their beliefs about that, they will love and accept you just the same.

It seems really ludicrous to me to fear that more than a religion that would imprison you, torture you, chop off your hands or feet or head if you should disrespect it and that intends to put the entire Earth under its authority/

I don't know who is telling you this stuff, but I think you really need some new friends or mentors. There are probably few Americans more involved in the Church, Church history, Church trends, religious groups, standard and distorted theologies, than I am for reasons I won't bore you with here. Christians are widely divided among many ideologies ranging from the far Left to the far Right. Most are somewhere in the middle.

I'm not saying there are no Dominionists as you think they are, but I can say with a great deal olf confidence that they are in tiny numbers and have no influence - zero, zip, nada - in the wider Church, in politics, or in government. And I can assure you that neither George W. Bush or Sarah Palin identify with these people in ANY capacity and neither holds a smidgeon of dominionist views.

The closest thing we've ever had to a significant dominionist movement however was the Roman Catholic Church when it was pretty much the only game in town. And even there, its advocates have evolved and learned and progressed to the point they all now pretty much reject government as the way to take dominion over the Earth and, like most Christians, rely on attraction to win the hearts and minds of new converts.

You can't have an estimated 2.5 to 3 billion Christians on Earth without having a few nuts in the midst. To judge the whole by that few, however, is extremely naive, ignorant, and prejudicial.

Most Christians want no more from you than to be a good citizen of your country and hope no more from you than you know the joy and peace they know in Jesus Christ. And if you do not accept their beliefs about that, they will love and accept you just the same.

It seems really ludicrous to me to fear that more than a religion that would imprison you, torture you, chop off your hands or feet or head if you should disrespect it and that intends to put the entire Earth under its authority/
generally, you can not force someone to convert to Christianity
it has to be a free will decision
the RCC tried doing that and it was a massive failure

I don't live in a Muslim country. I have nothing to fear from American Muslims. Dominionists, on the other hand, are a scary bunch.

I've read that 35 million Christians hold Dominionist views.

Forum List

Back