The Death Penalty is an example of Conservative Hypocrisy

Conservatives always loudly trumpet how they don't believe in government because it is incompetent. They believe the less government, the better...etc.

But, when it comes to the government sentencing people to death, they are all for it.

How do conservatives reconcile this hypocrisy?

If they don't trust the government, and don't believe government is competent, how can they trust the government to execute the right person?

Many studies have discovered numerous examples of innocent people sitting on death row. Police use the Reid Method of Interrogation. With this manner of brainwashing, they can convince the average person to confess to being the son of Sam in less than 12 hours. (Which BTW, is evidence that torture is not necessary--if they can get innocent people to confess, they surely can get guilty people to give them pertinent info.)

Even with confessions, there is no certainty that people sentenced to death are guilty.
People convicted for death were NOT convicted by government you fucking moron.

They were convicted by a jury of their peers.

And as I've repeated several times, it's the government that arrested, prosecuted, and administered the case. Jurors are paid government employees. Jurors do get paid, you know.

Why is this thread still alive? The TC's op was debunked in the first couple of pages.

I haven't been debunked. I've successfully rebutted every stupid argument other people have made.

Yes, you have.. in each and every aspect.. most notably with your complete bullshit false claim that there is no brain activity before birth

Now.. crawl back under your rock, troll

The argument is daft. There needs to be a government and a system that enforces laws and punishes when necessary. Conservatives are not anarchists. The term "justice" itself is rooted in the word "just" meaning equal to/ no more than. It is exactly for that reason the death penalty is appropriate when used justly and prudently, and exactly for that reason it needs to be enforced. Most Americans agree, and living in Europe I realize that most Europeans do to. Their governments have decided otherwise in spite of it.

Conservatives always loudly trumpet how they don't believe in government because it is incompetent. They believe the less government, the better...etc.

But, when it comes to the government sentencing people to death, they are all for it.

If they don't trust the government, and don't believe government is competent, how can they trust the government to execute the right person?

Many studies have discovered numerous examples of innocent people sitting on death row. Police use the Reid Method of Interrogation. With this manner of brainwashing, they can convince the average person to confess to being the son of Sam in less than 12 hours. (Which BTW, is evidence that torture is not necessary--if they can get innocent people to confess, they surely can get guilty people to give them pertinent info.)

Even with confessions, there is no certainty that people sentenced to death are guilty.

And as I've repeated several times, it's the government that arrested, prosecuted, and administered the case. Jurors are paid government employees. Jurors do get paid, you know.

Labeling jurors as government "employees" is a bit of a stretch, Smilo...under our legal system we are judged by a jury of our peers not by a jury of government employees. The so called "pay" that one receives as a juror is so minute it hardly makes someone an "employee".

Sorry but the government doesn't convict...juries do. Juries are part of a system of checks and balances designed to limit the power of government.

Last edited:
I remember when I was called for jury duty. The 5 bucks a day for "government employees" that I was offered would have solved a tremendous budget problem.

Sometimes people can be so stupid. The problem is with people who refuse to understand that they aren't.

Labeling jurors as government "employees" is a bit of a stretch, Smilo...under our legal system we are judged by a jury of our peers not by a jury of government employees. The so called "pay" that one receives as a juror is so minute it hardly makes someone an "employee".

Sorry but the government doesn't convict...juries do. Juries are part of a system of checks and balances designed to limit the power of government.

Who pays the jury?

No one has been able to counter my point that it is the government that is involved in the arrest, prosecution, and administration of criminal cases.

I served on a jury over 20 years ago. I got paid $135 for 4 hours work.

That's a lot more than $5 a day.

Why is this thread still alive? The TC's op was debunked in the first couple of pages.

I haven't been debunked. I've successfully rebutted every stupid argument other people have made.

Yes, you have.. in each and every aspect.. most notably with your complete bullshit false claim that there is no brain activity before birth

Brain activity is not the equivalent of thinking.

Where's your evidence that a fetal brain thinks?

Yes, a baby is not alive until it exits the birth canal. There is no brain activity until it comes out.

Look at photos of fetal brains. They are smooth. A smooth brain is a brain that is not doing any thinking and is therefore not alive.

I don't suppose you have anything to support that claim, do ya?

:eusa_whistle:

We can wait

Photos of fetal brains that you easily find on google images.

You can make a case that beginning late in the 2nd trimester a fetus is equivalent to a human being. I don't agree with that, but you can at least make the case.

But to claim that a zygote is the equivalent of a human being is completely irrational.

Your zygote is a human being in an early stage of development. How can it be anything else?

So if its not thinking, its OK to kill it? If that was true there would be a lot of dead congressmen

So if its not thinking, its OK to kill it? If that was true there would be a lot of dead congressmen

Coma patients won't stand a chance under ObamaCare, I'm taking it

:eusa_whistle:

What the hell are you trying to say. Only some of the government, when it is so beneficial to one element of society should be used?
Is that your true contention.

Perhaps you should research a bit more..

Yes... government does much inefficiently and conservatives want less government because it has grown beyond what it is supposed to be...

Competence is not the biggest problem in government.. and your blatant twist to what conservatives champion pretty much leads to the conclusion that you are just the latest in line coming to boards to spout off crap without any true understanding of what you are saying.. you have a preconceived agenda that is quite obvious

What it seems you are doubting more is the science that others like you claim to be infallible in other areas (let's just throw global warming into the fray as an example of that)... For it is generally the scientific evidence that lands someone on death row.. you simply are not going to get a death sentence without proven DNA evidence at this point

Why do liberals support the murder of innocent unborn children but object to the death penalty for convicted murderers?

Now, that is hypocrisy.

You are making the false assumption that a zygote is the equivalent of a human being. That is illogical.

So what is it then a goldfish?? You like everyone else was just that small but very much human.

What is illogical is the constant denial of what happens in an abortion.

Ever meet and talk to a abortion survivor??

Forum List

Back