The Death Penalty is an example of Conservative Hypocrisy

I am a conservative AND an evangelical Christian. I fully believe that the death penalty is a valid punishment that should be used to fit the appropriate crime. To say that as a conservative cannot support the death penalty BECAUSE they don't believe in government is a complete and utter failure to understand the cornerstone of conservatives.

Conservatives dislike government and we do not trust it. Government is EVIL at all levels and the words "I'm from the government and I'm here to help" is the absolute pinnacle in oxymorons. Ever been to the Social Security office? We believe that it should be as SMALL and as LEAN as possible. The only way to PRESERVE FREEDOM is to get the government out of our lives. The larger it gets, the more intrusive it gets (i.e., Banning large soft drinks, Obamacare, taxes, etc.). But conservatives have NEVER said that there shouldn't be a government. There has to be to maintain order and to take care of those who cannot take care of themselves (elderly, handicapped). The enforcing of laws and punishment is one of those government activities that we support.

When a person is sentenced to death, it takes about 15 years to carry out the sentence due to all of the appeals, etc. Conservatives ARE NOT supportive and did not create this burden. We believe in an automatic appeal of the sentence, but you will notice that Oklahoma and Texas (two very conservative states) have put in express lanes in death sentence cases. If a person is convicted of a crime and the jury recommends the death penalty, then there should be five automatic appeals (state appeals and supreme court, governor, and federal appeals and supreme court). Within 5 years that should be done and the sentence carried out.

It may not deter others from committing a crime. But that's not the point. It WILL deter one person from committing further crimes and that is the one executed. There is evil in this world. Ted Bundy and many others were evil incarnate and got what they deserved.

I thought liberals were supposed to be so smart?

Why do liberals support the murder of innocent unborn children but object to the death penalty for convicted murderers?

Now, that is hypocrisy.
Because in their lil' liberal pea-brained minds, an innocent child who is nothing more than an inconvenience to the lil' pea-brained liberal bastards, is akin to a vicious scumbag who committed pre-meditated murder, period.

But then, the majority of liberals are abject morons (the OP IS proof positive of that FACT), so it really comes as no surprise.

You have to be born to be alive. Therefore, unborn=not alive.

How can you kill something that is not alive?

This is probably the dumbest argument ever when it comes to the abortion crew.

So a trip thru the birth canal is the difference?? Or is it traveling outside the uterus?? Even though the physiological stage, development, and condition of the child is EXACTLY the same... And god forbid we ever get to a point where a child can be developed outside the uterus for those people that are physically incapable of carrying a child. I guess those persons will never be alive, since they would have never been expelled from the uterus. :rolleyes:

I personally, as the dad of a daughter who was a 27weeker, knows that the baby is alive well before the 38-40 week mark, the travel out of the uterus, etc

Yes, a baby is not alive until it exits the birth canal. There is no brain activity until it comes out.

Look at photos of fetal brains. They are smooth. A smooth brain is a brain that is not doing any thinking and is therefore not alive.
Are you fucking kidding me?

Seriously, how can someone be so utterly stupid and ignorant?:cuckoo:

Proof positive that our public education system is abjectly failing, was just provided by YOU!.

Unfuckingbelievable!

So a trip thru the birth canal is the difference?? Or is it traveling outside the uterus?? Even though the physiological stage, development, and condition of the child is EXACTLY the same... And god forbid we ever get to a point where a child can be developed outside the uterus for those people that are physically incapable of carrying a child. I guess those persons will never be alive, since they would have never been expelled from the uterus. :rolleyes:

I personally, as the dad of a daughter who was a 27weeker, knows that the baby is alive well before the 38-40 week mark, the travel out of the uterus, etc

Yes, a baby is not alive until it exits the birth canal. There is no brain activity until it comes out.

Look at photos of fetal brains. They are smooth. A smooth brain is a brain that is not doing any thinking and is therefore not alive.

Wrong again. There is neural activity right up until birth. Go read a biology book or something.

Conservatives always loudly trumpet how they don't believe in government because it is incompetent. They believe the less government, the better...etc.

But, when it comes to the government sentencing people to death, they are all for it.

How do conservatives reconcile this hypocrisy?

If they don't trust the government, and don't believe government is competent, how can they trust the government to execute the right person?

Just in case the OP was serious, I'll explain to him:

1.) Dispassionate criminal pursuit and prosecution is one of the functions that private people or groups CANNOT DO AT ALL, and so it must be delegated to government. It is one of the fundamental reasons government exists at all.

2.) In most (all?) states that issue the death penalty, it is called for, not by a govt official, but by a jury (that is, a group of private people) that has been approved by the defendant before the trial begins.

Is there anything else you need explained to you from Civics 101?

I don't suppose you have anything to support that claim, do ya?

:eusa_whistle:

We can wait

What it seems you are doubting more is the science that others like you claim to be infallible in other areas (let's just throw global warming into the fray as an example of that)... For it is generally the scientific evidence that lands someone on death row.. you simply are not going to get a death sentence without proven DNA evidence at this point

And you trust the Nanny State not to doctor DNA evidence? The average juror isn't a biologist or chemist. How would they know the difference?

What it seems you are doubting more is the science that others like you claim to be infallible in other areas (let's just throw global warming into the fray as an example of that)... For it is generally the scientific evidence that lands someone on death row.. you simply are not going to get a death sentence without proven DNA evidence at this point

And you trust the Nanny State not to doctor DNA evidence? The average juror isn't a biologist or chemist. How would they know the difference?

You think a defense team in a death penalty case is not going to go over the DNA evidence witha fine toothed comb??

You show you are more of an idiot every time you post

Conservatives always loudly trumpet how they don't believe in government because it is incompetent. They believe the less government, the better...etc.

But, when it comes to the government sentencing people to death, they are all for it.

If they don't trust the government, and don't believe government is competent, how can they trust the government to execute the right person?

Many studies have discovered numerous examples of innocent people sitting on death row. Police use the Reid Method of Interrogation. With this manner of brainwashing, they can convince the average person to confess to being the son of Sam in less than 12 hours. (Which BTW, is evidence that torture is not necessary--if they can get innocent people to confess, they surely can get guilty people to give them pertinent info.)

Even with confessions, there is no certainty that people sentenced to death are guilty.

STATES WITH THE DEATH PENALTY (32)

Other State Information:

State by State Information
Summary of State Statutes
Execution Information
Sentencing Information
Clemency Process by State
Murder Rates by State

Alabama
Arizona
Arkansas

California
Colorado
Delaware

Florida
Georgia

Idaho
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky Louisiana
Mississippi

Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada

New Hampshire
North Carolina
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon Pennsylvania
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah

Virginia
Washington

Wyoming

ALSO
- U.S. Gov't
- U.S. Military
STATES WITHOUT THE DEATH PENALTY (18) (YEAR ABOLISHED IN PARENTHESES)
Alaska (1957)
Connecticut** (2012)
Hawaii (1957)
Illinois (2011)
Iowa (1965)
Maine (1887)
Maryland*** (2013)
Massachusetts (1984) Michigan (1846)
Minnesota (1911)
New Jersey (2007)
New Mexico* (2009)
New York (2007)#
North Dakota (1973)
Rhode Island (1984)^
Vermont (1964)

Seems an even mix. Just showing that to illustrate how ignorant you are. But being a liberal, these facts are of no concern.

Chicago has an increasing murder rate, it started increasing after they rid themselves of the DP.

What do these statistics have to do with my point?

How do they make me ignorant?

You ignorantly claimed that Cons are all for it, when clearly libs are all for it as well. ya know, the so called anti DP party. the people that are cool with cereal baby rapist going free, eventually.

Many studies have discovered numerous examples of innocent people sitting on death row. Police use the Reid Method of Interrogation. With this manner of brainwashing, they can convince the average person to confess to being the son of Sam in less than 12 hours. (Which BTW, is evidence that torture is not necessary--if they can get innocent people to confess, they surely can get guilty people to give them pertinent info.)

Even with confessions, there is no certainty that people sentenced to death are guilty.
People convicted for death were NOT convicted by government you fucking moron.

They were convicted by a jury of their peers.

I don't suppose you have anything to support that claim, do ya?

:eusa_whistle:

We can wait

Photos of fetal brains that you easily find on google images.

You can make a case that beginning late in the 2nd trimester a fetus is equivalent to a human being. I don't agree with that, but you can at least make the case.

But to claim that a zygote is the equivalent of a human being is completely irrational.

STATES WITH THE DEATH PENALTY (32)

Other State Information:

State by State Information
Summary of State Statutes
Execution Information
Sentencing Information
Clemency Process by State
Murder Rates by State

Alabama
Arizona
Arkansas

California
Colorado
Delaware

Florida
Georgia

Idaho
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky Louisiana
Mississippi

Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada

New Hampshire
North Carolina
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon Pennsylvania
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah

Virginia
Washington

Wyoming

ALSO
- U.S. Gov't
- U.S. Military
STATES WITHOUT THE DEATH PENALTY (18) (YEAR ABOLISHED IN PARENTHESES)
Alaska (1957)
Connecticut** (2012)
Hawaii (1957)
Illinois (2011)
Iowa (1965)
Maine (1887)
Maryland*** (2013)
Massachusetts (1984) Michigan (1846)
Minnesota (1911)
New Jersey (2007)
New Mexico* (2009)
New York (2007)#
North Dakota (1973)
Rhode Island (1984)^
Vermont (1964)

Seems an even mix. Just showing that to illustrate how ignorant you are. But being a liberal, these facts are of no concern.

Chicago has an increasing murder rate, it started increasing after they rid themselves of the DP.

What do these statistics have to do with my point?

How do they make me ignorant?

You ignorantly claimed that Cons are all for it, when clearly libs are all for it as well. ya know, the so called anti DP party. the people that are cool with cereal baby rapist going free, eventually.

The overwhelming majority of conservatives favor the death penalty.

Liberals that support the death penalty are not being hypocritical because we believe in government.

Forum List

Back