What rules of construction did the Justices use?

You tell me. Cite the SC decision that backs your assertion, admit you're wrong, or admit that you think that your legal opinion is superior to that of the justices and supply your legal credentials.

It's really that simple.
It is expressed in our Constitution. I don't need to appeal to authority; because that would be a fallacy.

Come try and take my guns son ;)
don't grab guns, grab gun lovers and regulate them well.

Go for it son.
The unorganized militia can be drafted.

You tell me. Cite the SC decision that backs your assertion, admit you're wrong, or admit that you think that your legal opinion is superior to that of the justices and supply your legal credentials.

It's really that simple.
It is expressed in our Constitution. I don't need to appeal to authority; because that would be a fallacy.

Go for it son.

I served. Come get my guns.

Go for it son.

Why do I need to get Your guns?

The militia of the United States is not about equality. It is about, superiority.

Go for it son.

Does the SC agree with your "interpretation"? Am I "militia"?
there is no "interpretation". the people are the militia.

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on
Ratification of the Constitution
, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

Go for it son.

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."

(smile) What to the federalist papers say about it?

(smile) What to the federalist papers say about it?
The same thing.

Besides, that quote is from the ratification debates regarding our federal Constitution. That is the militia.

Which SC decision backs that up?
Our Constitution says so.

Again, that's YOUR opinion of what it means. Since you are unable/unwilling to cite a decision supporting your contention, the Supreme Court obviously holds a different opinion. The only way, therefore, for you to maintain that your interpretation is correct, you have to believe that your legal opinion is superior to that of the justices on the Supreme Court.

So, which is it? Will you supply a decision that agrees with you or will you maintain that your understanding of the Constitution is better than the justices' and back it up with your stellar legal career after graduating from one of the nation's elite law schools?

Or will you, in a miracle, be able to admit you're wrong? You know that you still have not dealt with your insistence that none of the amendments protect individual rights, despite exercising your first amendment rights even though you're not a member of a regulated advocacy group.

It's really that simple.

Do you or do you not believe your understanding of the Constitution is superior to that of the justices on the Supreme Court?

I'll go with the "understanding of the Constitution" held by Justices Stevens, Ginsberg etc. who use the actual wording of the Amendment as the basis of their argument

I'll go with the "understanding of the Constitution" held by Justices Stevens, Ginsberg etc. who use the actual wording of the Amendment as the basis of their argument

Again you answer for Daniel?

Our Constitution says so.

Again, that's YOUR opinion of what it means. Since you are unable/unwilling to cite a decision supporting your contention, the Supreme Court obviously holds a different opinion. The only way, therefore, for you to maintain that your interpretation is correct, you have to believe that your legal opinion is superior to that of the justices on the Supreme Court.

So, which is it? Will you supply a decision that agrees with you or will you maintain that your understanding of the Constitution is better than the justices' and back it up with your stellar legal career after graduating from one of the nation's elite law schools?

Or will you, in a miracle, be able to admit you're wrong? You know that you still have not dealt with your insistence that none of the amendments protect individual rights, despite exercising your first amendment rights even though you're not a member of a regulated advocacy group.

It's really that simple.

Do you or do you not believe your understanding of the Constitution is superior to that of the justices on the Supreme Court?
I resort to the fewest fallacies. Any questions?

It's really that simple.

I resort to the fewest fallacies. Any questions?

I just asked you one that you blundered.

Let's see where we are. You insist on a certain interpretation of the second amendment. You cannot cite an SC decision that supports your view, and in fact the SC does not support it. You will not admit that your interpretation is flawed (again no decisions supporting it), but you won't come right out and say that you believe your legal understanding is superior to that of the justices, although to maintain that you are correct you have to believe it.

Do we have that about right?

Forum List

Back