The Democrat "Pot Vote"

Marijuana not only puts millions into the ER but in the graveyards as well.

did you check the statistics of MVA under THC intoxication?

and marijuana has it's own very specific reason to get you to the ER and possibly to grave or to wheelchair as well - it causes cerebellar hemorrhage.
It also produces psychosis and schizophrenia.

And a myriad other pleasant complications you idiot pot glorifiers simply do not want to know about.

The last time Vox made these wild allegations she was unable to substantiate them. Instead she produced studies on underage adolescents predisposed to mental illness that are not relevant to pot use by adults.

Is there any doubt that pot smokers are especially "stupid" when high.

Some most certainly fit that definition but they were stupid to begin with. On the other hand some very smart people have done some incredible things while high. Creativity is enhanced by moderate levels of pot. The music of the 60's and 70's was an example of creativity enhanced by the use of pot in my opinion.

the exact downside iis injured and killed in MVA, handicapped or killed by cerebellar hemorrhages, handicapped by psychosis and schizophrenia - all the very pleasant complications of marijuana intoxication.

Heck, you're a hoot old timer - I'm 53 and you make me seem "with it."

You are extremely misinformed about marijuana - should we base policy on the opinions of the blatently misinformed? Someone who thinks "no one ever smokes less than a full joint" ??

Or pot cause brain bleeding and breaks with reality????

You are so full of crap your eyes must be brown.

You want to live in your "Reefer Madness" world - fine. That's your choice. But you don't have the right to make that choice for anyone else.

You know you sound like every addict that ever lived to justify drug taking don't you. The only thing you're missing is "You don't want others to be happy".

You aren't blatantly misinformed. You are deliberately misinformed.

Katz
I started smoking pot around sixteen. In my younger years I smoked daily and I still smoke occasionally.
I never once got into trouble while being stoned,the few times I did get into trouble growing up it involved alcohol.
I'm 48 now and retired so the idea that pot leads to a failed life is way out of line.
My mother has worked with drug and alcohol patients her whole adult life and she'll tell you the same thing.
The biggest danger in smoking pot is it makes you lazy,but you can say the same for alcohol and the side effects of alcohol are far worse.

B.S--you look at the alcohol related deaths on our highways--and if anything should be illegal in this country it should be that.

Marijuana HAS YET to put anyone in the emergency room for an overdose--and you sure can't say that about prescription drugs--alcohol and tobacco--our so-called "legal drugs."

There are millions of hard working--tax paying responsible citizens in this country that are and have been closet marijuana users. And just like yourself--they were able to easily obtain it from the black market.

Coloradoans--especially conservatives that made legalization happen in our state--were EDUCATED not only on the medical benefits of this plant--but are also tired of spending taxpayer dollars on law enforcement--court costs--and incarceration for people smoking pot.

1 trillion tax payer dollars over the last several decades has been spent on the war on Marijuana--that didn't even put a dent into the flow of it.

Instead we decided to legalize--regulate and TAX it--and it's working out. We have created JOBS--a new STATE revenue--and the Gold off of our capital building hasn't melted off.

Marijuana not only puts millions into the ER but in the graveyards as well.

did you check the statistics of MVA under THC intoxication?

and marijuana has it's own very specific reason to get you to the ER and possibly to grave or to wheelchair as well - it causes cerebellar hemorrhage.
It also produces psychosis and schizophrenia.

And a myriad other pleasant complications you idiot pot glorifiers simply do not want to know about.

:rofl:

Please start a thread about this. I need fresh content for TBB.

I guess I could use this thread, except that the OP made no point. :dunno:
I suspect he started the thread and then forgot what he was talking about. :420:

Reefer Madness lives! :lmao:

:eusa_eh:

I have to ask.....
Have any of you anti marijuana people ever smoked pot?
I have to think you haven't.
I have never puked from smoking to much pot or passed out or wrecked a car or beat anyone up. Seriously,being stoned is nothing like most of you seem to think is.
It doesnt make you hallucinate it doesnt effect motor function. Hell I've done some of my best mountain bike riding and hacky sack while stoned.

Pot is an insult to your body as your lungs are designed to breath air, and it is sure to have
long term deleterious effects. I know it makes you rebellious, but that is because it is a mind expanding drug. It makes you ponder things to a deeper level than you would without THC inducement. You may overthink insignificant aspects of something; slowing down your solution process, but it may give you a further insight which may prove beneficial.

The most obvious argument, and what applies the most gravity is the fact that criminalizing it does not reduce the availibility - if you want it, you can find it after 30+ years of the drug war! So you add all the negative aspects thereto which are horrific, and the pot remains. You create a black market which make the cartels rich - these are wickedly violent people who threaten our national security, and they didn't get that way from smoking pot! You create a sub class of recidivist; felons who have an indelible record which will hinder them from full societal contribution - for what? Incarceration destroys families, and breaks hearts - often little children who are forever scared - for what?

If you tell me I can't drink a Big Gulp - fuck you! If you tell me I can't soke pot, or my dogs shit - fuck you! I'll eat it if I want to :eek:

I can't believe what I'm getting here: Pot is bad so it should be criminal - booze is not so it should not be :eusa_hand: Go to an AA meeting, and listen to empirical evidence of how so many lives were fucked up by booze. Look at the drunk driving statistics. Better yet, look at films of dead children who had to be extricated; cut out of wrecks. Alcohol lowers inhibitions - it causes people to do all sorts of regrettable, irreparable things! Go park outside of an inner city liquor store on a Saturday morning, and watch the winos all lined up sporting their big piss stains, and their pittyful atire.

How would a drinker react to alcohol being criminalized using the same criteria? Go loook in the mirror - expand you minds. Don't look through tunnel vision utilizing disingenuous logic, and cement an unintelligible position - you will look like a dumb ass hypocrite!

I think life is better without chemical inducement of any kind, but I don't begruge anyone for living their lives if they don't victimize others, or put them in harms way - they are entitled.

Last edited:
The last time Vox made these wild allegations she was unable to substantiate them. Instead she produced studies on underage adolescents predisposed to mental illness that are not relevant to pot use by adults.

don't lie. the last and every time you were handed your ass by me - because I provided links, you just pretended not seeing them.

enjoy some more ( and don't forget to LIE again in a couple of months):

Microglial activation underlies cerebellar deficits produced by repeated cannabis exposure
Cerebellar Infarction in Adolescent Males Associated With Acute Marijuana Use
Chronic cannabis exposure can lead to cerebellar dysfunction in humans, but the neurobiological mechanisms involved remain incompletely understood. Our results suggest that cerebellar microglial activation plays a crucial role in the cerebellar deficits induced by repeated cannabis exposure.
Dose-related neurocognitive effects of marijuana use
Very heavy use of marijuana is associated with persistent decrements in neurocognitive performance even after 28 days of abstinence. It is unclear if these decrements will resolve with continued abstinence or become progressively worse with continued heavy marijuana use.
Adverse Cardiovascular, Cerebrovascular, and Peripheral Vascular Effects of Marijuana Inhalation: What Cardiologists Need to Know

In this report, the investigators focus on the known cardiovascular, cerebrovascular, and peripheral effects of marijuana inhalation. Temporal associations between marijuana use and serious adverse events, including myocardial infarction, sudden cardiac death, cardiomyopathy, stroke, transient ischemic attack, and cannabis arteritis have been described.
Keep off the grass: marijuana use and acute cardiovascular e... : European Journal of Emergency Medicine
The adverse health effects of chronic cannabis use - Hall - 2013 - Drug Testing and Analysis - Wiley Online Library

the exact downside iis injured and killed in MVA, handicapped or killed by cerebellar hemorrhages, handicapped by psychosis and schizophrenia - all the very pleasant complications of marijuana intoxication.

Heck, you're a hoot old timer - I'm 53 and you make me seem "with it."

You are extremely misinformed about marijuana - should we base policy on the opinions of the blatently misinformed? Someone who thinks "no one ever smokes less than a full joint" ??

Or pot cause brain bleeding and breaks with reality????

You are so full of crap your eyes must be brown.

You want to live in your "Reefer Madness" world - fine. That's your choice. But you don't have the right to make that choice for anyone else.

dude, you are 53 but your cognitive function is on a level of 13 year old. Is it because of pot abuse?

there is an overwhelming amount of SCIENTIFIC evidence that marijuana use causes stroke, psychosis and schizophrenia in the young adults. Old farts like you will have more risks with cardiovascular problems and lung problems.

quit reading your propaganda sites and get some information from the real sources.

Like the ones I provided ( just a few) to similarly stoned Derideo te( except he is a known liar, what are you I don't know - yet ).

Enjoy.

Enjoy even more:

Cannabis use and risk of psychotic or affective mental health outcomes: a systematic review
we conclude that there is now sufficient evidence to warn young people that using cannabis could increase their risk of developing a psychotic illness later in life.
Cannabis use in young people: The risk for schizophrenia

To date, the research on the impact of its use has largely been epidemiological in nature and has consistently found that cannabis use is associated with schizophrenia outcomes later in life, even after controlling for several confounding factors.

This article is LONG but it describes the pathogenesis of marijuana-induced schizophrenia:

The cannabinoid receptor 1 associates with NMDA receptors to produce glutamatergic hypofunction: implications in psychosis and schizophrenia

Pathways to Psychosis in Cannabis Abuse - Clinical Schizophrenia & Related Psychoses - Walsh Medical Media

JAMA Network | JAMA Psychiatry | Cannabis Use and Earlier Onset of Psychosis: *A Systematic Meta-analysis

The results of this systematic review and meta-analysis represent strong scientific evidence for an association between substance use, particularly the use of cannabis, and an earlier age at onset of psychotic illnesses. The association between the extent of cannabis use in the substance-using group and the effect size as well as the weaker association between earlier age at onset and alcohol use support the hypothesis that cannabis use is a causal factor in psychotic disorders. The finding raises the important questions of whether cannabis and other substances can trigger psychosis by direct neurotoxic effects, by alterations in dopamine activity, or by other changes in neurotransmission and the extent to which any adverse effects on the brain are reversible.45,46 These results confirm the need for further neurobiological research to find the mechanisms by which cannabis use triggers or brings forward psychotic illness.

The results of this study provide strong evidence that reducing cannabis use could delay or even prevent some cases of psychosis. Reducing the use of cannabis could be one of the few ways of altering the outcome of the illness because earlier onset of schizophrenia is associated with a worse prognosis and because other factors associated with age at onset, such as family history and sex, cannot be changed.47 Building on several decades of research, this finding is an important breakthrough in our understanding of the relationship between cannabis use and psychosis. It raises the question of whether those substance users would still have gone on to develop psychosis a few years later. However, even if the onset of psychosis were inevitable, an extra 2 or 3 years of psychosis-free functioning could allow many patients to achieve the important developmental milestones of late adolescence and early adulthood that could lower the long-term disability arising from psychotic disorders. The results of this study confirm the need for a renewed public health warning about the potential for cannabis use to bring on psychotic illness.

Ok lets cut the shit. If you take a sip you get buzzed - If you take a toke you get buzzed

Not true. Might not even get a feeling of buzz - depends on the amount and strength of "sip" and your body mass.
If you drink heavy you will get drunk - If you smoke heavy you'll get stoned.

no, if you simply smoke - you get stoned. you get stone anytime your smoke - and that is the fundamental difference with the buzz.
Please stop with this bullshit that people drink ONLY because they like the taste and they get NO BUZZ. Additionally stop the bullshit that whenever and how ever much someone smokes it always ends in being stoned out your gorde.

Both do the same things the only difference is how you perceive it

please stop you bullshit that alcohol equals pot, because it does not. POT GETS YOU INTOXICATED EVERY TIME YOU SMOKE, ALCOHOL DEPENDS ON A DOZE and you can drink and not get ANY buzz.

WTF? Look I know you like drinking but stop lying.

Of course everything depends on how much, when, how often etc etc.

The only way you dont catch a buzz is if you are drink a non-alc drink. You can lie to yourself but the bottle shows alc content and alc gets you buzzed. You can call it tipsy or whatever just stop lying.

stop lying. or are you stoned? :lol:

you can drink up to 100 ml of alcohol and do not have any impairment.

Therefore we have legal limits of alcohol in blood - ever heard if something like that?

not that there can not be any limits with cannabinoids to be used as a cut-off, obviously.
which they already have and use in Belgium.

The "right wing" needs to give up on this drug war bullshit.

I'm all for pushing people to achieve success in life through their own efforts, and I think our welfare "safety net" has become a hammock that needs to be tipped over.

If people stay at the bottom of the ladder because they're stoned all the time, so be it. The country needs fry cooks, pizza delivery drivers and ditch diggers.

And you're for huge big honking government if you agree with the war on drugs.

There's a big difference between safe and sane law enforcement and Democrats/Obama in government promoting drug use for votes..

I suspect you're lost in a pot cloud and incapable of logical thought...:eusa_naughty:

Nobody is promoting drug use, dumb ass. Marijuana has been legal for years and it hasn't stopped anybody from smoking it. Prohibition has only resulted in millions being imprisoned for victimless crimes and the rise of violent, murderous drug cartels. Legalizing it is the sensible thing to do.

You're reaction is only indicative of the big overbearing government conservatives love when it suits their agenda.

you know the difference between legalization and decriminalization, right?

Smoked a lot of pot have you? And what exactly is a doze.
So you're telling me if I take one hit of pot I'll be just as stoned as if I were to smoke a whole joint?
Damn I've wasted a lot of money over the years......
YOU'RE COMPLETE DUMB ASS...That is all.

a dose is the amount of active ingredient which produces the desired effect.

nobody takes one hit of pot - if you smoke - you smoke the full joint, so stop your bullshit right there.

So you never drink one beer? Your argument is so F'n stupid it's impossible to debate.
Using your logic every time you crack a beer you drink a case.
And with that logic it sounds like you have a serious substance abuse problem.
Would you like me to give you my mothers phone number? She works with people like you all the time.

I don't like beer :D
are you stoned too much so you can not comprehend that certain amount of alcohol does not cause any impairment? Heck, you can even drive if you have less than certain amount of alcohol in blood :lol:
You have never heard of that? or you do not know that certain amount in blood corresponds to certain amount consumed? Well, now you do :D

next time try to engage in a discussion when your cognition is not so impaired.

When you pay enough, any result is possible, it pays the bills..

How do you feel about the actual smoke itself, the results and the psychological dependence, habitual use and the basic "stupid" are an obvious problem.

In the younger years I tried it out but alas it effected my motivation and opportunities for advancement.

Sounds like you are a pretty weak person if it effected you in such a way.

Ouch, I think you tried to hurt my feelings...:lol:

Sorry, did not want to hurt your feelings, I was just making a point. I was a professional musician in New York City for 20 years. We composed, practiced, recorded and performed under the influence. It was a ton of work, but we got it done, and we were usually stoned to some degree. People can function rather well under the influence, especially if you are voporizing as opposed to smoking.

Sounds like you are a pretty weak person if it effected you in such a way.

Ouch, I think you tried to hurt my feelings...:lol:

Sorry, did not want to hurt your feelings, I was just making a point. I was a professional musician in New York City for 20 years. We composed, practiced, recorded and performed under the influence. It was a ton of work, but we got it done, and we were usually stoned to some degree. People can function rather well under the influence, especially if you are voporizing as opposed to smoking.

The guys that built my house were stoned most of the time. I've got some really awesome trim work and that patterns on my deck are fantastic. :D

No doubt states are looking at that revenue and not at the tripling of fatal car crashes or the rise of poisoned children in the emergency rooms.

I'm all for legalizing weed.

Prohibition is a racket that criminals use for profit. Legitimize & regulate it and all the mystique about marijuana quietly goes away over time while the taxes from selling it does some good for the country.

No doubt states are looking at that revenue and not at the tripling of fatal car crashes or the rise of poisoned children in the emergency rooms.

No doubt states are not reading the comic books you do where pot smokers get shot in the face.

That is a stupendously ignorant statement :cuckoo: Booze makes people loose their faculties - not pot.

Cops don't lock up pot smokers in detox - that is for shit faced drunks.

Marijuana poisioning - really.

I have never heard of anyone with a string of charges " driving while buzzed on thc " The cops can't tell if your high unless they smell it. If anything, pot causes people to be more focussed on the task at hand. You can tell at a glance when someone is drunk - the big piss stains are a dead give away, not to mention they can't talk, or walk.

You obviosly don't know shit about thc - you have formulated, and cemented a stance based on ignorance. You seem to accept all the alcohol induced accidents - I guess your hyperbole makes you feel better about your drug use. Three times the fatal accidents - your ridiculous. You think millions of people haven't been driving high for decades - get a grip!

Forum List

Back