The Dems & the GOP - Peas in a pod, again

It's always fun to point out how similar our two "major" parties can be in their behaviors. No, not issues, behaviors (I put that in bold there).

And, as if to illustrate the point yet again, the Democrats are jumping in by essentially splitting into two pieces for our amusement.

Remember about four and eight years ago, when the the Tea Party Republicans were running around, threatening to "primary" anyone who wasn't pure and obedient? And remember about four years ago, when those same Republicans were shit-canning people like Jeb Bush and Paul Ryan and John Kasich because the party had passed them by?

We'll here we go again, from the kids on the the other side!

Democrats threatening to primary each other:
Nancy Pelosi Doesn’t Know Who The Democratic Party Is Anymore
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/07/democrats-2020-primary-election-1399248

Democrat leaders losing tough with their new whacked-out base:
'Members are looking over their shoulders': Democrats spooked by new primary threats
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/nanc...c-party-is-anymore_n_5d235049e4b01b83473a51ad

Seriously, this is almost unfair, it's so easy. The two ends of the spectrum can be so damn similar in their behaviors!

:laugh:

Haha...anybody paying attention knows for absolute fact that the Parties BEHAVE far more different than they ever have before.
One party behaves like a political party governing for Mexico while the other behaves like a party with an Americans first agenda.
They behave like enemies behave toward one another...Embrace it.

It's always fun to point out how similar our two "major" parties can be in their behaviors. No, not issues, behaviors (I put that in bold there).

And, as if to illustrate the point yet again, the Democrats are jumping in by essentially splitting into two pieces for our amusement.

Remember about four and eight years ago, when the the Tea Party Republicans were running around, threatening to "primary" anyone who wasn't pure and obedient? And remember about four years ago, when those same Republicans were shit-canning people like Jeb Bush and Paul Ryan and John Kasich because the party had passed them by?

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/07/democrats-2020-primary-election-1399248

'Members are looking over their shoulders': Democrats spooked by new primary threats
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/nanc...c-party-is-anymore_n_5d235049e4b01b83473a51ad

Seriously, this is almost unfair, it's so easy. The two ends of the spectrum can be so damn similar in their behaviors!

There has always been one behavior shared between the two.

Win at all costs.

Haha...anybody paying attention knows for absolute fact that the Parties BEHAVE far more different than they ever have before.
One party behaves like a political party governing for Mexico while the other behaves like a party with an Americans first agenda.
They behave like enemies behave toward one another...Embrace it.

There is no party governing for Mexico. But we have a president governing for Russia.

Here's a few counter-productive behaviors shared by both ends:

And by you and your fellow "independents".

So what do you hope to accomplish with the smug hypocrisy?

Oh, that's right, the point is to run cover for the right.
I wonder if you've noticed how wingers from both ends have jumped in to bitch and/or deflect.

Which supports my point so vividly.

I'm guessing you haven't. I'm not shocked. As I said, peas in a pod.

Tries to compare Democrats with Republican while ignoring the obvious differences.
Like?
Republicans have core principles while Democrats have none.
Democrats support fascism, chaos, and anarchy while Republicans support peace and freedom.
Democrats are Antisemitic while Republicans support Israel.

None of this is true.
A lot of it is in practice. And when there is an agenda to be done. Somehow it becomes a divided issue even if both sides spouted about it over the last decade or more or so of being needed. You want communism. Then start your revolution and get off the sneid.

Which supports my point so vividly

That if both sides think you're a smug hypocrite, then it's likely you're a smug hypocrite?

I'm guessing you haven't.

Rather than address my point, you're using strawmen, tossing insults, using blatant lies, engaging in tribalism, being obtuse, displaying willful ignorance, distorting, hating anyone different than you ... basically, you're going down the list of things that you say only those awful parties do.

So, I thank you for so conclusively confirming my point about your smug hypocrite status.

Nutters like that assume that if you're not 100% with them, you can only be 100% against them.

I didn't assume that, or imply it in any way, so I wonder why you chose to tell that lie. Oh, that's right, you had to run from my point somehow.

What you're doing is like saying "Mother Teresa and Charles Manson both breathed air, so they were exactly alike!". By ignoring obvious differences and focusing on trivial similarities, that's being wildly dishonest on behalf of Charles Manson. In exactly the same way, you are being wildly dishonest in favor of Republicans.

The two sides are very different. The Right is overwhelmingly dishonest, the left isn't. The right is authoritarian, the left isn't. The right is corrupt, the left isn't. The right is hypocritical, the left isn't. The right is immoral, the left isn't. The right is violent, the left isn't. And so on. (I'm not speaking in absolutes, I'm speaking in the general case. While you can find individual leftists who share those flaws somewhere, they policies are not institutionalized on the left, as they are with Trump and the right.)

Why not just tell the truth, that the Democrats are much better than Republicans? You might find such honesty refreshing. Get a load off of your soul and lose the phony equivalence act.
That is amazingly delusional. There aren’t enough adjectives to describe how nutty that is. You can’t really be thus nuts right? You must bet a DNC troll. Please tell me you are.

I predicted this a few years back when Trump came on the scene. I said the democrats were just a few years behind, but would catch up, and they are.

Yawn! There are major differences between these parties. The rules for elections are the same for everyone.
What are the major differences?

Well they're hard to see when you're looking down your nose at everyone, sitting high atop a mountain and suffering from high altitude sickness and obviously swelling of the brain

Well aren't you Miss Judgey Judgey. Guess you missed Sunday School the day they taught the "Judge not lest you be judged" lesson. Just like you missed the lesson about treating others as you would like to be treated.

Every time one of you Trump Cultists goes on the attack, it's nastiness and insults all around. Of course the total dearth of common decency and good manners is just parroting your One True God.

That seems to be your MO, of course you have lots of lies to throw around.

Which supports my point so vividly

That if both sides think you're a smug hypocrite, then it's likely you're a smug hypocrite?

I'm guessing you haven't.

Rather than address my point, you're using strawmen, tossing insults, using blatant lies, engaging in tribalism, being obtuse, displaying willful ignorance, distorting, hating anyone different than you ... basically, you're going down the list of things that you say only those awful parties do.

So, I thank you for so conclusively confirming my point about your smug hypocrite status.
Great! Having wingers on both ends bitching at me in the same thread is always a very good sign indeed.

Much appreciated.

Nutters like that assume that if you're not 100% with them, you can only be 100% against them.

I didn't assume that, or imply it in any way, so I wonder why you chose to tell that lie. Oh, that's right, you had to run from my point somehow.

What you're doing is like saying "Mother Teresa and Charles Manson both breathed air, so they were exactly alike!". By ignoring obvious differences and focusing on trivial similarities, that's being wildly dishonest on behalf of Charles Manson. In exactly the same way, you are being wildly dishonest in favor of Republicans.

The two sides are very different. The Right is overwhelmingly dishonest, the left isn't. The right is authoritarian, the left isn't. The right is corrupt, the left isn't. The right is hypocritical, the left isn't. The right is immoral, the left isn't. The right is violent, the left isn't. And so on. (I'm not speaking in absolutes, I'm speaking in the general case. While you can find individual leftists who share those flaws somewhere, they policies are not institutionalized on the left, as they are with Trump and the right.)

Why not just tell the truth, that the Democrats are much better than Republicans? You might find such honesty refreshing. Get a load off of your soul and lose the phony equivalence act.

Well, you just proved Mac right on this thread. LOL!

The extremes are both very much alike in behavior.

Just WOW!!!!!!!!

That is amazingly delusional.

And yet you wouldn't even try to refute any of it. Because you know you can't.

The GOP, led by Trump, has institutionalized disgusting behavior across the board. While individual Democrats here and there do bad things, the Democrats have not institutionalized disgusting behavior. The two sides are very different, with the Democrats clearly being the better side.

It's only the right here getting triggered because I dared be so un-PC as to point out how the two parties are very different. That's further evidence concerning how the phony-equivalence big lie is a standard tactic the right, used to excuse their own disgusting behavior. You don't see anyone on the left pulling the mealymouthed "but both sides are alike!" tactic, because we don't have to. Since the Democrats are better, we can simply point that out.

The extremes are both very much alike in behavior.

So you're also using the "Mother Teresa and Charles Manson both breathed air, so they're exactly the same!" big lie, in an attempt to run cover for the consistently disgusting behavior of your besties.

And, like Mac, you're evading, tossing insults, and acting like a smug hypocrite.

Almost all modern "independents" now spend their days shilling for the GOP. Why?

They understand how awful the right looks now. They don't want to be openly identified with such scumbags. But they do still want to push the goals of those scumbags. The phony-equivalence act is how they do that.

There aren't any "independents" shilling for Democrats in that way. The Democrats aren't doing anything that makes people ashamed to be Democrats, so there's no reason for liberals to pretend to be independents.

Well these two parties they both act like parties. They both have a chairman GD wingers. They both have fundraisers and by god they both try to win elections! Just look how they act like each other! Just when everybody is complaining the Democrats want to win the presidency here come the republicans wanting to win the presidency! This is too easy his similar they are!
Oh, it goes much deeper (and more amusing) than that.

Here's a few counter-productive behaviors shared by both ends:
  • Deflection (so vividly displayed by both parties right here in this thread!)
  • Tribalism
  • Distortion
  • Intellectual Myopia
  • Straw Man Arguments
  • Obtuseness
  • Willful Ignorance
  • Name-Calling
  • Nasty Personal Insults
  • Hypocrisy
  • Hate
  • Blatant Lies
.... off the top of my pointy little head.
You could do a list of every human behavior and find people of every political stripe engaged in them. The diff you consistently ignore is the predominance of behaviors - even ideological requirement - in different political groups. Just because some in one group do it does not justify the actions of many (or all) in another.

I am often amused at your penchant for wallowing in moral equivalence fallicies to justify the behavior of the left.

For instance, do you find the current Dem defense of ILLEGAL immigration to be against America's best interest, contrary to their oaths of office and arguably traitorous behavior, and can you respond with something other than "but the Repubs...?"

I have never known an adult who talks more about BEHAVIOR than you do, Mac. Except special education teachers. Oh, and the Church Lady.
Because he gets insecure when people have different opinions than his. His whole schtick is "look how THOSE PEOPLE act!."

So? It's a perfectly valid effort. It is interesting to see society's political sickness in action. USMB never disappoints in that arena.

The GOP, led by Trump, has institutionalized disgusting behavior across the board.

LMFAO!!!

Bill Clinton was such an angel....

Clearly murdering, raping, and sexual harassing isn't "bad behavior" when said individual is selling out....

Now, making off the cuff comments, wow, BAD BAD BAD....

Forum List

Back