The diabolical episode of the 30-second rapist

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
The US is so inclined to assume that anyone accused of rape is likely guilty and it seems that most are not well read on the topic.

Here is a classic case of a man put in prison for years with an Australian rape conviction, who was plainly set up from the start.

"Following pressure from feminist groups, the Western Australian parliament in 1985 dramatically amended the law relating to rape, first by changing the term rape to sexual assault and then greatly widening the definition of what could be classed as sexual assault.

"Many acts not previously constituting rape were included in the new Act. The criteria for sexual assault was widened to include any type of penetration by any object or any part of another person's body where consent was not present and ongoing.

"It did not matter that force or threats were not used.

"The penalty for any type of sexual assault was increased to fifteen years imprisonment.

"Where any type of force was used, the charge was aggravated sexual assault, carrying a penalty of twenty years imprisonment.

"The draconian Act soon snared its first victim.

"Perth resident Kevin Ibbs was having consensual sex with Christine Watson on the night of 29 November 1986. Watson, a close friend of Ibbs's wife, Katrina Carter, was living in the same house with Ibbs and Carter. The sex act was taking place with the full knowledge of Carter who was in the house at the time.

"As Ibbs was nearing ejaculation, Watson suddenly withdrew her consent to sex (so she later claimed) and tried to push Ibbs away. He continued for a short time. Too late, he was trapped.

"He was charged with sexual assault and found guilty under the new law. The judge found that Ibbs had continued sexual intercourse for about thirty seconds without consent (for which he was later dubbed the 30-second rapist). ...

"Some years later Watson admitted to police that the whole incident was a set-up orchestrated by Carter to have Ibbs charged with sexual assault to get him out of the house they were sharing.

"Christine Elizabeth Watson a.k.a. Christine Elizabeth Wardle and Katrina Ann Carter were subsequently convicted of conspiring to pervert the course of justice. They served seven months in jail.

"In 2001, after Mr. Ibbs was finally acquitted, four years after it was revealed he'd been set up. He told ABC reporter David Weber that he found no solace in it. ....

He was asked how his time behind bars changed him: "Whenever there's a rape anywhere, you're waiting for the knock on the door. Please explain where you were. I've had the task force come through and luckily I was living with my Uncle and he said where I was. I didn't have to say anything. He said no, he's been here."

He related the cost of his ordeal: "It's cost me over a million and a quarter . . .. My life - 14 years - they can't give that back to me. I haven't seen my daughter for 14 years. I've been ruined as a tradesman and I don't know how my health is."

Mr Ibbs received no compensation for his wrongful imprisonment.

In September 2008, Kevin Ibbs committed suicide. His body was found under the Mandurah (WA) traffic bridge. He was 56."

Where is justice for Keven Ibbs? How many Kevin Ibbs do we have to have before people realize that rape laws are being twisted to attack men?

Why hasn't this been covered coast to coast 24/7 as the media would if the victim had been some cock sucker tied to a fence by other fags?

Forum List

Back