The difference betweem Holocaust denial and Holocaust revisionism

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Holocaust deniers prefer to be called Holocaust revisionists. However, many people contend that the latter term is misleading. Historical revisionism is the reexamination of accepted history, with an eye towards updating it with newly discovered, more accurate, and/or less biased information. Broadly, it is the approach that history as it has been traditionally told may not be entirely accurate and should be revised accordingly. Historical revisionism in this sense is a well-accepted and mainstream part of history studies. It may be applied to the Holocaust as well, as new facts emerge and change our understanding of its events.

Holocaust deniers maintain that they apply proper revisionist principles to Holocaust history, and therefore the term Holocaust revisionism is appropriate for their point of view. However, their critics disagree and prefer the term Holocaust denial. Gordon McFee writes in his essay "Why Revisionism isn't" that:

"Revisionists" depart from the conclusion that the Holocaust did not occur and work backwards through the facts to adapt them to that preordained conclusion. Put another way, they reverse the proper methodology, thus turning the proper historical method of investigation and analysis on its head."
In general, the term Holocaust denial fits the description at the beginning of this article, while Holocaust revisionism ranges from holocaust denial through the belief that only minor corrections are required to Holocaust history. However, because the latter term has become associated with Holocaust deniers, mainstream historians today generally avoid using it to describe themselves.

[Top]Beliefs of Holocaust deniersHolocaust deniers make some of the following claims:

1. There was no specific order by Adolf Hitler or other top Nazi officials to exterminate the Jews, although their incarceration in concentration camps and use as slave labor in factories had that effect.
2. Nazis did not use gas chambers to mass murder Jews.
3. The figure of six million Jewish deaths is an irresponsible exaggeration, and that many Jews escaped to Russia, Britain and the United States.
4. Film footage shown after World War II was all specially manufactured as propaganda against the Nazis by the Allied forces.
5. Claims of what the Nazis supposedly did to the Jews were all intended to facilitate the
Allies in their intention to enable the creation of a Jewish homeland in Palestine.
6. Although crimes were committed, they were not centrally orchestrated and thus the Nazi leadership bore no responsibility for the implementation of such a policy.
7. Historical proof for the Holocaust is falsified or deliberately misinterpreted.
8. There is an American, British or Jewish conspiracy to make Jews look like victims and to demonize Germans.
9. The overwhelming number of biased academics and historians are too afraid to actually admit that the Holocaust was a fiction; they know they will lose their jobs if they speak up.

Most Holocaust deniers also stress that, contrary to popular belief:

1. they do not deny that Jews were persecuted under the Third Reich;
2. they do not deny that Jews were deprived of civil rights;
3. they do not deny that Jews were deported;
4. they do not deny the existence of Jewish ghettos;
5. they do not deny the existence of concentration camps;
6. they do not deny the existence of crematoriums in concentration camps;
7. they do not deny that Jews died for a great number of reasons, although they claim there were no mass murders;
8. they do not deny that other minorities were also persecuted such as gypsies, Jehovah's Witnesses, homosexuals, and political dissenters;
9. and finally, they do not deny that all the above mentioned things were unjust.

Bambooweb: Holocaust denial....

I don't know, Sunni. What's the difference between a raghead and a towelhead?

What an obvious brownshirt you are.

It's not working, pal.
Editec you recently posted about how Americans know very little about history and how it isn't being taught in schools.

I agree with what you said.

The Holocaust is a part of history that is basically "off limits" for discussion by historians.

That is wrong.

History must all be laid bare for examination and discussion no matter the subject and who it offends.

It's not working, pal.
Editec you recently posted about how Americans know very little about history and how it isn't being taught in schools.

The Holocaust is a part of history that is basically "off limits" for discussion by historians.

That is wrong.

History must all be laid bare for examination and discussion no matter the subject and who it offends.

WRONG, the reason it appears off limits is everyone who wants to "exam" it are usually hardcore holocaust deniers and antisemites like yourself!

Holocaust "revisionist" is just a PC attempt to mask their Holocaust denial. Not any different than a white supremacist calling themselves white separatist!

Sunni my offer still stands!

It's not working, pal.

That is wrong.

Ever been to the Holocaust Museum in Washington DC? It's got displays that you can look at, as well as walk through (there is a complete bunkroom in there from a concentration camp), as well as can read about the whole thing.

So........how is that keeping the Holocaust "off limits"? Oh yeah.....it's in the history books, there have been many other dissertations and examinations that are available.

It's only considered "off limits" if you want to lessen or deny that it happened.

It's not working, pal.

That is wrong.

WRONG, the reason it appears off limits is everyone who wants to "exam" it are usually hardcore holocaust deniers and antisemites like yourself!

Holocaust "revisionist" is just a PC attempt to mask their Holocaust denial. Not any different than a white supremacist calling themselves white separatist!
The hard core Zionists are afraid to let the holocaust be discussed or examined.

In reality, the "official" holocaust story is based on a house of cards.

Once a couple of the cards are removed. The holocaust fraud will fall with lightening speed.

Last edited:
The guy that always yells 'holohoax' wants to be taken seriously on this subject?

Not a chance.

It HAS been studied, exstensivly.

There is ZERO doubt what happened and how many were killed.

Only people like YOU refuse to accept the truth because you hate Jews.

Don't you mean that the hard core IDIOTS (Such as yourself Sunnidiot), are the ones that want to change the history of the Holocaust.

You really are a moron ain't ya Sunni?

It's not working, pal.

That is wrong.

Ever been to the Holocaust Museum in Washington DC? It's got displays that you can look at, as well as walk through (there is a complete bunkroom in there from a concentration camp), as well as can read about the whole thing.
Disney World also has displays showing how Disney land was created and features original Mickey Mouse drawings.

Basically there is very little difference between the Holocaust Museum and Disney World.

Both ask you to suspend reality and enter into a fantasy world.

Touchy subject. My grandfather was killed during the Holohoax. He got drunk and fell out of the guard tower.:eek:

It's not working, pal.
I don't know about that. His constant drumbeat of anti-semitism may be turning me to the dark side. :cuckoo:
I am definatly not anti-semitic

As I have nothing against the Jewish people or the religion of Judiasm.

I just believe that the so called Holocaust should be open for historical reexamination and ultimately revision if the facts differ from what is currently believed.

It's not working, pal.
I don't know about that. His constant drumbeat of anti-semitism may be turning me to the dark side. :cuckoo:

I just believe that the so called Holocaust should be open for historical reexamination and ultimately revision if the facts differ from what is currently believed.

BULLSHIT!!!!!

You say you have nothing against Jews or Judaism? You claim to be a MusLAME, yet, you also state that you have nothing against Jews.

Well............several hundred posts (by you) might tend to disagree.

The Jews are a very clever people and I respect their religion.

My beef is only with the fascist Zionists and the terrorist state of Israel

It's not working, pal.

LOL, that is always the antisemites claim, I'm not an antisemite. It seems the worse of an offender you are the more they make the claim.

But Sunni you hatred ad bigotry is clear as day!

So........in summation..........

You have no problems with Jews, yet you want Israel gone?

Its full of Jews idiot!

By the way, this psychological crap that you are spewing doesn't work on me. Unlike you, I actually have a working brain and know how to use it.

Not a coward like you Sunnidiot.

Zionist Jews have only two answers to everything

#1) You are anti-semitic

#2) Your a nazi

That is the total sum of any debate with them.

But Sunnidiot.........you ARE anti-Semitic, and you ARE a friend of the Nazis.

You DO realize that during WWII, there was a strong alliance between Iran and Nazi Germany, right? And, what's even more is that Hitler took the hatred that the IsLAMES had for Jews, and tried to get rid of all of them for the MusLAMES.

Not only are you stupid, but for someone who claims to be educated, you sure as hell don't appear to know history very well.

So........in summation..........

You have no problems with Jews, yet you want Israel gone?

Its full of Jews idiot!
Israel is a nation

It needs to go.

I never said that the Jewish people couldn't stay there.

They just would have to give up control of that racist nation.

Forum List

Back