The difference between a Conservative and a liberal is

Ame®icano;8617551 said:
So as a conservative you don't support the basic freedoms of Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness? I guess that blows away your entire anti-abortion agenda and your right to bear arms too.

As far as life becoming a commodity that is something that began when conservatives started outsourcing American jobs with benefits to sweatshops in China!

You see, my perception of "pursuit of happiness" is that I make my own bed. Your perception is that I make your bed.

As of life becoming commodity, you again avoid to answer.

Outsourcing jobs started with NAFTA. Find out whose law is that.

Your puerile perceptions say volumes about your inability to comprehend the issue.

Equally your attempt to lay partisan blame for the failed conservative dogma of outsourcing says that you are unable to defend your own "free markets" dogma.

:cuckoo:

I'm saying that stupid Confederate hillbillies keep whining about "the good ol' days" and then accuse Liberals of not being able to grow up.

George W. Bush lied this country into an unwinnable torture war in Iraq, costing us trillions of dollars and thousands of lives, and cost the Iraqi people so much more, with absolutely no idea of what we were actually fighting for or what victory was supposed to be. Can Conservatives grow up and admit that? Doubtful.

:cuckoo:

as long as you have to have republicans (the surrender monkeys) distorting what a liberal is about, you will never understand what a liberals is about ... I would say to you, you seem to have a little trouble of understanding what we liberals are about .... lets take the unemployment for example: dems what to help with the idea... you know teach a man ... in this case give them unemployment and training for a new jobs ... to teach them help them... republicans don't want to teach a man, they don't want to help them, they don't want to do anything to help their fellow man if it cost them a dime ... that's the difference ... republicans are about money and liberasl are about humanity ... something you should have looked into a little further ...
Surrender monkey's? Never seen a president run from a Russian like Obama did over Syria.
And i would rather hire a felon then a loser on 99 weeks of unemployment.

coming from a surrender monkey like yourself, nobody cares
lol and this coming from some with zero rep?

The difference between a conservative and a liberal?

A liberal looks for where the problem is. He may or may not have a theory which he'll investigate, but he won't automatically assume it to be true unless the evidence supports that finding. The liberal searches for cause and effect. He values education. He follows where the evidence leads even when it's in a direction which he originally did not believe to be true. Scientific inquiry and dispassionate analysis are processes he enthusiastically embraces. Facts are more important to him than opinions. He is willing to put his findings up to the scrutiny of peer review.

On the other hand, conservatives value their opinions above all else. Fact and independent analysis are irrelvent to them if and when it does not support their conclusions. When anyone presents evidence that does not conform to their preconceived ideas, they have visceral emotional reactions toward the source of that evidence and engage in ad hominem attacks on those people accusing them of conspiracies or bias. And when push comes to shove, conservatives simply blame liberals for any and all problems.

I think that about sums it up.

Last edited:
Ame®icano;8617551 said:
So as a conservative you don't support the basic freedoms of Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness? I guess that blows away your entire anti-abortion agenda and your right to bear arms too.

As far as life becoming a commodity that is something that began when conservatives started outsourcing American jobs with benefits to sweatshops in China!

You see, my perception of "pursuit of happiness" is that I make my own bed. Your perception is that I make your bed.

Your puerile perceptions say volumes about your inability to comprehend the issue.

Equally your attempt to lay partisan blame for the failed conservative dogma of outsourcing says that you are unable to defend your own "free markets" dogma.

Look it is really hard to not comprehend why jobs were moving off shore when you understand the Union mentality is greed.

"Take grass cutting.
As defined by the current United Auto Worker contract negotiated with the "Big Five" (GM, Ford, Chrysler, and top parts makers Delphi and Visteon),
an auto "production worker" is a job description that covers anything from mowing grass to cleaning the toilets.

In the real world, these jobs would be outsourced to $8 an hour, no-benefit wage earners, but on Planet Big Five, these jobs get the same wages as any auto line-worker:
an average $26 an hour ($60,000 a year) plus benefits that bring the company's total cost per worker to a staggering $65 an hour."

What is the average hourly wage of a UAW auto worker? - Yahoo Answers

ANY wonder businesses are closing in the USA and moving offshore?
where the average Chinese worker's hourly wage: $0.14.
What is the average wage for auto worker

Ame®icano;8617551 said:

Look it is really hard to not comprehend why jobs were moving off shore when you understand the Union mentality is greed.

"Take grass cutting.
As defined by the current United Auto Worker contract negotiated with the "Big Five" (GM, Ford, Chrysler, and top parts makers Delphi and Visteon),
an auto "production worker" is a job description that covers anything from mowing grass to cleaning the toilets.

In the real world, these jobs would be outsourced to $8 an hour, no-benefit wage earners, but on Planet Big Five, these jobs get the same wages as any auto line-worker:
an average $26 an hour ($60,000 a year) plus benefits that bring the company's total cost per worker to a staggering $65 an hour."

Typical kneejerk blame the victim response!

The term "surrender monkey", when popular, was usually used in connection with The French who caved in to Hitler without much push back. Also popular at the time - the post-war surplus sales of French army rifles. Never fired; only dropped once.

Now here was our New Messiah feasting THE FRENCH PRESIDENT on lobster tails your tax money bought for the occasion and, sans doubt, picking up a few tips.

Now how do you feel about THAT?

The term "surrender monkey", when popular, was usually used in connection with The French who caved in to Hitler without much push back. Also popular at the time - the post-war surplus sales of French army rifles. Never fired; only dropped once.

Now here was our New Messiah feasting THE FRENCH PRESIDENT on lobster tails your tax money bought for the occasion and, sans doubt, picking up a few tips.

The French were US allies during the first Gulf War.

The French were also US allies during the invasion of Afghanistan

French took the lead when it came to bringing down the Libyan regime of Ghadaffi.

French took the lead when it came to bringing down the Libyan regime of Ghadaffi.

That they are not entirely ineducable surrender monkeys. Just when it really counts. But, OTOH, are you denying that Your New Messiah is incapable of learning anything from anyone?

That they are not entirely ineducable surrender monkeys. Just when it really counts. But, OTOH, are you denying that Your New Messiah is incapable of learning anything from anyone?

Intelligent people are constantly learning new things. Even the antics of those who pretend to be privy to the minds of others teach us that trying to generalize and falsely attribute positions and attitudes only makes a fool of the person making the baseless allegations.

Intelligent people are constantly learning new things. Even the antics of those who pretend to be privy to the minds of others teach us that trying to generalize and falsely attribute positions and attitudes only makes a fool of the person making the baseless allegations.

Well there goes any hope that Your New Messiah might once have had any intelligence.

What IS it; simple low cunning?

"Take grass cutting.

Typical kneejerk blame the victim response!

Who is the victim?
This same UAW contract PAID the UAW organizers $100,000 a year salaries for doing only one thing.. GETTING The most money in the shortest time!
Do I blame them? NOPE. They were successful.
Who I do blame is the MSM that take the exceptional situation and make it sound like the NORM!
Want proof???
Answer me directly How many people in this country work at minimum or lower then minimum wage AND what % of that number are under 24 years old?

GIVE UP??
Here tell me WHY then this is top the news, for MSM...

In 2011 1.7 million earned exactly the prevailing Federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour.
About 2.2 million had wages below the minimum.

Together, these 3.8 million workers with wages at or below the Federal minimum made up 5.2 percent of all hourly-paid workers.
Characteristics of Minimum Wage Workers: 2011
From the above chart from the US Census Bureau, of the 3.8 million nearly 2 million are under 24 years old.

So why is this such a big story when it AFFECTS less then 5% of total working population?
AND at the same time we have:
16 to 19 years 25.2% unemployment!!

BUT because of the MSM pushing the minimum wage increase here is what is happening:
Janitor robot does more than clean floors Concept droid has the flexibility to be a commercial success
Janitor robot does more than clean floors | News | TechRadar

Robots will become cheaper and more adaptive to their surroundings. No one will find it surprising they can train a robot to do a new task for them in just a few minutes,” added Brooks. “The robots will understand the tasks in terms of the objects, places, and people that define the task rather than as a series of simple motions, so they will exhibit simple forms of ‘common sense’ — e.g., if a robot has been trained to put a dishes in a dishwasher, but a person comes up to it and takes the dish out of its hands it will understand that there is no need to continue heading to the dishwasher, but instead go back to the dining table for the next dish.”
Part 1: Future Of Robotics: Manufacturing Gets A Makeover With Baxter - Forbes

The real liberal activists I know believe in microlending and fair trade business coops.
So they do teach people to fish. A lot of these are in the Greens, and try to check the Democrats but can't seem to get covered in the media which only focuses on problems.

The FAKE "commercialized and politicized" liberals hijack that vote,
then push their corporate funded agenda to get into office and stay there.

The same on the right.

There are just as many who PREACH about doing the work themselves as business people and NOT depending on govt. But they give millions to politicians instead of funding solutions in the private sector to take power back from govt.

So both sides are guilty of funding hypocrites. The people on the right trying to check the GOP are a lot of the Libertarians and Tea Party. But again, these are sold out in the media.

So the media keeps toting the party lines and hypocrites on left AND right,
while DEMONIZING the reformists on BOTH sides, left and right, tagging them as crazy radicals
when that is where the solutions are being censored by the politicians profiting from this game.

It is really sad and sick, that we Americans waste our free speech and resources
fighting when we could invest in sustainable longterm solutions independent of political posturing for office.

While the people on the left and right working on real reforms are left out of the loop.
Both getting the BLAME for what the hypocrites in their parties are doing to get everyone rejected and blamed for the messes.
Those are the people who should unite, and quit relying on politicians ruining govt!!!

============================================
The liberal sees a hungry person and gives a fish thus feeding the hungry person for just one day.

The conservative teaches the hungry person how to fish thereby feeding the person for a life time.

I applaud the liberal for compassion to feed the hungry person.. but in doing so all the liberal has done is made the hungry person dependent on the liberal for more fish!

Where as the compassionate conservative wants the hungry person to be able to fish thereby feeding for a lifetime.

This is best illustrated by the "Three Bitter Years" Or "The Great Leap Forward".. in China.
Chinese journalist Yang Jisheng concluded there were 36 million deaths due to starvation, while another 40 million others failed to be born, so that "China's total population loss during the Great Famine then comes to 76 million."
The phrase "Three Bitter Years" is often used by Chinese peasants to describe this period.
The great Chinese famine was caused by social pressure, economic mismanagement, and radical changes in agriculture.
Mao Zedong, chairman of the Chinese communist party, introduced drastic changes in farming which prohibited farm ownership.

In a similar manner to the massive Soviet-created famine in Ukraine (the Holodomor), doctors were prohibited from listing "starvation" as a cause of death on death certificates. This kind of deception was far from uncommon; ....

Great Chinese Famine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Conclusion is the "Great Leap Forward" official Chinese recognition of the importance of policy mistakes in causing the disaster,
claiming that the disaster was 30% due to natural causes and 70% by mismanagement.
"Central planning".. "Cubicle Command"...

And so because the liberal thinks the central planning is superior truly inhumane activities such as these are considered by liberals as necessary:

Dikötter claims that at least 2.5 million of the victims were beaten or tortured to death.
He provides a graphic example of what happened to a family after one member was caught stealing some food:
Liu Desheng, guilty of poaching a sweet potato, was covered in urine ... He, his wife, and his son were also forced into a heap of excrement.
Then tongs were used to pry his mouth open after he refused to swallow excrement. He died three weeks later..

But of course no liberal would have do that... only conservatives do water boarding!!!

Last edited:
The conservative drives a conventional car he/she is paying for him/her self.

The liberal drives a government-issue limo (unless of a slightly higher class and has a military driver).

The sensitive liberal drives an all-electric Chevy Volt provided by his/her government agency and wears clothing made of solar panels which get plugged into the (used to be called) cigarette lighter to power the vehicle enroute to working-hours protest meetings.

The real liberal activists I know believe in microlending and fair trade business coops.
So they do teach people to fish. A lot of these are in the Greens, and try to check the Democrats but can't seem to get covered in the media which only focuses on problems.

The FAKE "commercialized and politicized" liberals hijack that vote,
then push their corporate funded agenda to get into office and stay there.

The same on the right.

There are just as many who PREACH about doing the work themselves as business people and NOT depending on govt. But they give millions to politicians instead of funding solutions in the private sector to take power back from govt.

So both sides are guilty of funding hypocrites. The people on the right trying to check the GOP are a lot of the Libertarians and Tea Party. But again, these are sold out in the media.

So the media keeps toting the party lines and hypocrites on left AND right,
while DEMONIZING the reformists on BOTH sides, left and right, tagging them as crazy radicals
when that is where the solutions are being censored by the politicians profiting from this game.

It is really sad and sick, that we Americans waste our free speech and resources
fighting when we could invest in sustainable longterm solutions independent of political posturing for office.

While the people on the left and right working on real reforms are left out of the loop.
Both getting the BLAME for what the hypocrites in their parties are doing to get everyone rejected and blamed for the messes.
Those are the people who should unite, and quit relying on politicians ruining govt!!!

============================================
The liberal sees a hungry person and gives a fish thus feeding the hungry person for just one day.

The conservative teaches the hungry person how to fish thereby feeding the person for a life time.

I applaud the liberal for compassion to feed the hungry person.. but in doing so all the liberal has done is made the hungry person dependent on the liberal for more fish!

Where as the compassionate conservative wants the hungry person to be able to fish thereby feeding for a lifetime.

This is best illustrated by the "Three Bitter Years" Or "The Great Leap Forward".. in China.
Chinese journalist Yang Jisheng concluded there were 36 million deaths due to starvation, while another 40 million others failed to be born, so that "China's total population loss during the Great Famine then comes to 76 million."
The phrase "Three Bitter Years" is often used by Chinese peasants to describe this period.
The great Chinese famine was caused by social pressure, economic mismanagement, and radical changes in agriculture.
Mao Zedong, chairman of the Chinese communist party, introduced drastic changes in farming which prohibited farm ownership.

In a similar manner to the massive Soviet-created famine in Ukraine (the Holodomor), doctors were prohibited from listing "starvation" as a cause of death on death certificates. This kind of deception was far from uncommon; ....

Conclusion is the "Great Leap Forward" official Chinese recognition of the importance of policy mistakes in causing the disaster,
claiming that the disaster was 30% due to natural causes and 70% by mismanagement.
"Central planning".. "Cubicle Command"...

And so because the liberal thinks the central planning is superior truly inhumane activities such as these are considered by liberals as necessary:

Dikötter claims that at least 2.5 million of the victims were beaten or tortured to death.
He provides a graphic example of what happened to a family after one member was caught stealing some food:
Liu Desheng, guilty of poaching a sweet potato, was covered in urine ... He, his wife, and his son were also forced into a heap of excrement.
Then tongs were used to pry his mouth open after he refused to swallow excrement. He died three weeks later..

But of course no liberal would have do that... only conservatives do water boarding!!!

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Well done, Emily!

We the People need to take back our government and that will never happen while partisans keep on trying to demonize the other side!

The Great Depression and the Bush Depression are unassailable proof of the failure of Pure Capitalism, Capitalism as it exists today and as it existed in the past.
My God you are thick. Purity is a religious concept. There is no such thing as a pure economic system since its' operated by humans and they fall short of purity no matter which system is embraced.

The recession hit when Bush was in office but if you were right, we would have climbed out of it long ago since we've spent many more trillions. So clearly other factors were/are at play.
Pure Capitalism has one purpose only, to generate profits for its shareholders. As the Right has repeatedly pointed out, Capitalism has no social responsibility to create jobs, for example. That is exactly what we have now and exactly what we have always had that habitually produced economic panics, recessions and depressions throughout its entire history.

Democratic Capitalism recognizes that jobs are essential for a growing economy and the health of the corporation because the people with jobs are the ones who purchase the goods and services that create wealth.

My God you are thick. Purity is a religious concept. There is no such thing as a pure economic system since its' operated by humans and they fall short of purity no matter which system is embraced.

The recession hit when Bush was in office but if you were right, we would have climbed out of it long ago since we've spent many more trillions. So clearly other factors were/are at play.
Pure Capitalism has one purpose only, to generate profits for its shareholders.
Wrong. Again, there's no such thing as pure capitalism, repeating it won't make it true. Most businesses don't have shareholders but they are in business to generate profits. That way they can pay bills and eat.
As the Right has repeatedly pointed out, Capitalism has no social responsibility to create jobs, for example. That is exactly what we have now and exactly what we have always had that habitually produced economic panics, recessions and depressions throughout its entire history.
And that doesn't happen ...where? Utopia? Why should someone provide a job for you? Who do you think you are?
Democratic Capitalism recognizes that jobs are essential for a growing economy and the health of the corporation because the people with jobs are the ones who purchase the goods and services that create wealth.
Is democratic capitalism the new term for socialism? Check your history, this country did pretty darn good with the old fashioned capitalism. True story.

The liberal drives a government-issue limo (unless of a slightly higher class and has a military driver).

The sensitive liberal drives an all-electric Chevy Volt provided by his/her government agency and wears clothing made of solar panels which get plugged into the (used to be called) cigarette lighter to power the vehicle enroute to working-hours protest meetings.

Also the conservatives will preach that women shouldn't be trusted with the choice of abortion and this should be banned by law. But people should have the freedom to own and use guns, and find "other ways to police the abuses" INSTEAD of government imposing bans or limits. (likewise the liberals want govt out of health care choices when it comes to defending abortion rights, and refuse the slightest restriction or penalty by govt. but not with ACA and Singlepayer, where it's okay to penalize people for something as harmless as wanting free choice to pay for health care without buying insurance through govt mandate)

The conservatives want corporations and businesses to have freedom from govt regulations, and reject financial responsibility for fraud or abuses, or pollution of the environment which are just the cost of doing business.

but then complain about liberals wanting "rights without responsibilities" and freedom while dumping the consequences on other people to pay for.

Of the conservatives who argue in defense of Christians being discriminated against for their faith, how many will stand up for religious freedom of Muslims? How many conservatives have pushed to ban mosques and preach against Muslims as opening the door to terrorism and shariah law. Where is the religious freedom and constitutional equality for Muslims
not to be treated as a criminal before proven guilty of crimes by "due process" when it comes to other faiths like Islam?

Every group has its strong points, and has its Achilles heel where their same arguments come back and bite them in the butt.

It's almost funny if it weren't so tragic in killing the spirit of America
with this backbiting going on. http://www.houstonprogressive.org/hypocrisy.html

Last edited:
It's so pigheaded it's ridiculous.

Half conservatives will say they don't want to completely eliminate welfare, but reform it because there's too much abuse and waste.

Other half are hardcore get rid of it completely.

Liberals mostly favor welfare.

But likely most liberals dislike the waste and abuse also. Some don't care, and fuck them.

But in terms of welfare - half the conservatives who wouldn't completely eliminate it? You are right with liberals in terms of government assistance there, it's just you go by the meme that liberals "LOVE IT! WANT EVERYONE ON IT! LOVE THE WASTE!"

And that's what I mean.

In this instance, it is not the liberal view that "has not grown up."

The flip side of this coin is all of the veiled racial comments many conservative RIGHT HERE make daily, and then daily liberals assign racism to every righty, and then every righty has to thusly pretend it doesn't even exist, blah blah blah....

Most of the differences are a circle jerk of misunderstanding, save the extremely narrow minded factions of each side.

some good points GT.....

hey Henry.....i know a bunch of Liberals who drive cares they bought and they aint those piece of shit electric ones......maybe you should narrow it down to some Liberals

Forum List

Back