The difference on how our leaders respect our military

The President could have let it go and perhaps he should have kept walking and continued to appear presidential but it was an obviously a reflex act by a President who respects the Military.

View attachment 138307

Kind of says it all.......doesn't it?:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Not really. It does speak to the duty & respect that soldiers offer to our presidents.
Good on them.

Hmmm. So they offered to hold the umbrella or were ordered?

Do you really think Obama ordered him to hold the umbrella?
Come on

Nope. His minions probably did.

Ray From Cleveland If you knew anything about the military, you would know his CO did.

There's no doubt that the military detail has certain, very well described disputes when serving the president of the US.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Giving credit where it's due, trump trashed POWs for getting captured. He likes people who didn't get captured.

And when a vet group asked trump for a charitable contribution, he very generously sent them a bumper sticker. A SIGNED bumper sticker. For then entire group to share.

Dragging the US into an Un-Constitutional, Un-Authorized war and forcing our military to help Al Qaeda, who slaughtered 3,000 Amerians on 9/11/01, take over their own country was down-right treasonous IMO...but snowflakes are ok with it.

Dragging the US into an Un-Constitutional, Un-Authorized war and forcing our military to invade Syria was pretty shitty...but snowflakes were / are ok with it...

Forcing our military to drop leaflets down to ISIS warning them of the French/Russian bombers coming after the ISIS attack in Paris was pretty treasonous IMO...but snowflakes were ok with it...

...just as long as a Democrat does it.
bad, bad, bad

GOP funds the military and adheres to the adage a military
prepared for war...avoids war.

The Dems...

Let's see. Ill -equipped 1917 w/Wilson (D) WWI

Ill-equipped 1941 w/FDR (D) WWII

Scaled Back and stripped of manpower 1950 w/Truman (D) Korea

Unprepared 1965 w/LBJ (D) Vietnam.

Ill equipped for WHAT?

Yes, ill equipped for Republicans's wars. Great, huh?

Let's pay shit loads of money to send our kids off to die in Vietnam or Iraq, and then that allows others to get PROMOTED, and this is why they like Republican Presidents. D'oh.
Your approach would be to kiss every ass presented to you until we are French.

The Dems...

Ill equipped for WHAT?

Let's pay shit loads of money to send our kids off to die in Vietnam or Iraq, and then that allows others to get PROMOTED, and this is why they like Republican Presidents. D'oh.

I understand as a liberal you have trouble with comprehension, but
I believe I noted that the GOP usually keeps us out of war.
The New BS Reaganist GOP is always starting the stupidest wars ever, allowed 9/11 thru sheer incompetence, and as usual only lead in being hypocrites and totally FOS. And every pay and benefit raise comes from Dems.

Fail to see an issue....

And can you provide an instance where a marine's cover blew off in front of Former President Obama and he didn't pick it up?

Definitely a nice gesture by Trump. I'm not sure about the lack of a salute before climbing aboard (a tradition started by Reagan) but those that gave Obama flack about missing it can figure that out.

Now about the umbrella pictured in OP. Obama was simply being a good host.

Trump doesn't return salutes. Obama did, usually.

Now, it's my opinion that no president should be returning salutes, being that the president is a civilian. That bad habit started with Reagan, and fake-macho conservatives have been demanding it ever since. Thus, it's fair to point out that by Republican standards, Trump not returning salutes means that Trump and all his followers hate the military.

“The President of the United States, as the commander in chief, will be saluted by Army personnel in uniform.

“Civilian personnel, to include civilian guards, are not required to render the hand salute to military personnel or other civilian personnel.

“Salutes are not required to be rendered or returned when the senior or subordinate, or both are in civilian attire.”

The Dems...

Ill equipped for WHAT?

Your approach would be to kiss every ass presented to you until we are French.
You believe all RW BS...The New BS GOP has gotten us into all kinds of bs wars the last 35 years. Allowing 9/11 thru sheer incompentence was also brilliant....

It was isolationist GOPers who wrecked the League, , started the Great Depression, let Nazis and Japanese militarists run wild...etc. Always a disaster...

Nixon's secret pan plan BS cost how many lives?

The Dems...

Ill equipped for WHAT?

No idea who the hell you are, but you're going on the ignore list. I simply do not have the patients for people like you.

When did you become a doctor?

The Dems...

Ill equipped for WHAT?

The New BS Reaganist GOP is always starting the stupidest wars ever, allowed 9/11 thru sheer incompetence, and as usual only lead in being hypocrites and totally FOS. And every pay and benefit raise comes from Dems.
Yes, if Bush would've started to beef up security at airports before 911. You would've called him Hitler.

The Dems...

Ill equipped for WHAT?

No idea who the hell you are, but you're going on the ignore list. I simply do not have the patients for people like you.

When did you become a doctor?

View attachment 138307

Kind of says it all.......doesn't it?:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Yeah, and sending a few thousand soldiers to die in Iraq in an invasion that had nothing to do with U.S. security sure said a lot too, didn't it.

Same old tired bullshit! Are you attending lib school in your off time?

Truth hurts, huh

How old were you at the time? 6? Maybe 8?

The Dems...

Ill equipped for WHAT?

Yes, if Bush would've started to beef up security at airports before 911. You would've called him Hitler.
BS. He was all worried about gay marriage, sharks, and a dead girl...asleep at the wheel, ignoring his terror czar.

Forum List

Back