The Dirty Little Secret: Most Gay Couples Aren't Monogamous

Something like 3% of married straights have something on the side ... AT THIS VERY MOMENT. LOL
And? What's your point? The point here is that the idea that gays want to live in monogamous married bliss is merely media propaganda. The truth of gay relationships is that they are nothing like traditional marriages.
Oh, hey I think the gays and straights should have the freedom of all civil laws benefitting married couples, and still screw their brains out like rabbits with other folks .... if they want to. So long as it's with adult humans.

What if they have children? Do you believe a homosexual couple that is screwing everything in sight should be allowed to adopt?
That is just stupid! They are not screwing everything in site any more than anyone else, and they are not involving children in anything that they do.

You haven't read much about the sexual behavior of homosexuals, have you?

The queers claimed the wanted to legalize gay marriage so they could participate in a committed relationship. The truth is they only wanted the government benefits and a veneer of respectability that their relationships don't merit.

Most gay couples aren t monogamous Will straight couples go monogamish

The dirty little secret about gay marriage: Most gay couples are not monogamous. We have come to accept lately, partly thanks to Liza Mundy’s excellent recent cover story in the Atlantic and partly because we desperately need something to make the drooping institution of heterosexual marriage seem vibrant again, that gay marriage has something to teach us, that gay couples provide a model for marriages that are more egalitarian and less burdened by the old gender roles that are weighing marriage down these days.

But the thorny part of the gay marriage experiment is sex, and more precisely, monogamous sex. Mundy writes about an old study from the '80s that found that gay couples were extremely likely to have had sex outside their relationship—82 percent did. That was before AIDS and the great matrimony craze in the gay community. She also tells the story of Dan Savage, who started out wanting to be monogamous until he and his partner had kids, and then they loosened up on that in order to make their union last. “Monogamish” is what he calls his new model. But as Mundy asks, can anyone out there imagine a husband proposing that same deal to his pregnant wife?

A long Gawker story last week explored this problem in greater detail. In the fight for marriage equality, the gay rights movement has put forth couples that look like straight ones, together forever, loyal, sharing assets. But what no one wants to talk about is that they don’t necessarily represent the norm:

"The Gay Couples Study out of San Francisco State University—which, in following over 500 gay couples over many years is the largest on-going study of its kind—has found that about half of all couples have sex with someone other than their partner, with their partner knowing."
How do you explain this?

Google

What percentage of the population goes to swinger's clubs?

I'm willing to be that the percentage of the straight population that goes to swingers clubs is a whole lot higher than the percentage of gays ho o to gay bars. I'll also bet that there are a whole lot more swingers clubs than there are gay bars. And I'll tell you another thing that I know as someone who has been to numerous swingers clubs in at least 4 states.... all of those people are heterosexuals!
I would easily take that bet.
The average woman has about 3 sexual partners in her lifetime. The average man maybe 9. The average homosexual man will have hundreds, possibly thousands.

Care to provide a source for those statistics or do you just expect us to take your word? That would be an appeal to ignorance-a form of logical fallacy. By the way, I'm a straight guy who has been with hundreds of women, and I know many others like me.

Something like 3% of married straights have something on the side ... AT THIS VERY MOMENT. LOL
And? What's your point? The point here is that the idea that gays want to live in monogamous married bliss is merely media propaganda. The truth of gay relationships is that they are nothing like traditional marriages.
Oh, hey I think the gays and straights should have the freedom of all civil laws benefitting married couples, and still screw their brains out like rabbits with other folks .... if they want to. So long as it's with adult humans.

What if they have children? Do you believe a homosexual couple that is screwing everything in sight should be allowed to adopt?
That is just stupid! They are not screwing everything in site any more than anyone else, and they are not involving children in anything that they do.

I most certainly have...

There were an estimated 300,000 to 500,000 gay and lesbian biological parents in 1976. In 1990, an estimated 6 to 14 million children have gay or lesbian parents.

Latest statistics from the U.S. Census 2000, the National Survey of Family Growth (2002), and the Adoption and Foster Care Analysis and Reporting System (2004) include:

• An estimated two million LGLB people are interested in adopting.
  • An estimated 65,500 adopted children are living with a lesbian or gay parent.
  • More than 16,000 adopted children are living with lesbian and gay parents in California, the highest number among the states.
  • Gay and lesbian parents are raising four percent of all adopted children in the United States.
  • Adopted children with same-sex parents are younger and more likely to be foreign born.
http://adoption.about.com/od/gaylesbian/f/gayparents.htm

In addition, adoption is legal is 49 states. Generally, acceptance of gay and lesbian adoption has been way out in front of same sex marriage. In some states, it has been occurring for decades.

Given these numbers, please answer the following questions:

1. If children who are in the care of gay people are at risk of abuse or having developmental/ adjustment issues why have the states been allowing this for so long?

2. If mistreatment of children by gays was prevalent, why are we not hearing horror stories and seeing headlines about this on a regular basis ?

3. Why have we not been seeing large numbers of adults who had been children of gays coming forward to speak out against gay parenting?
Claims that gay parenting is harmful to children are bogus and stupid.

Not only have I read about it....I lived it:

While anyone can find anecdotal evidence or cite studies and come up with statistics that supports the view that children are harmed by having gay parents, I can speak from personal experience. I worked in a state run child welfare agency for 26 years. I had many jobs during that time including child protective services investigator, protective services supervisor, foster care unit supervisor, and foster and adoptive parent trainer.

The state in question, New Jersey, has been placing children with gay foster and adoptive parents for decades, long before same sex marriage was even being discussed. During my career, I was involved in some manner or other with thousands of cases of child abuse, including sexual abuse, physical abuse neglect as well is families that were generally dysfunctional due to substance abuse or mental health issues. I was responsible for removing children from some of those homes when it was determined that the risk was too great not to do so, or if the parents could not be rehabilitated.

In all that time I never came across a gay person who was the perpetrator of child abuse of any kind. Granted, they are few in number compared to heterosexual couples and single parents, but we are talking about a span of more than two and a half decades. In addition, I personally placed children with gay and lesbian couples and individuals after they were damaged by their straight parents. Those gay people provided loving and nurturing homes and gave those kids the best shot in life possible. And no, there were not enough straight people to care for those kids, but if there were I would have still have placed them with the gay folks if the match was right.

Never once did I have a problem with a gay foster of adoptive parent. Never once did any of them reject a child because they were not of the “correct” sexual orientation, but some straight people did in fact reject gay kids. During my time there and beyond I followed those families and I can tell you that those children have grown and thrived and overcame the bad hand that they were dealt by their straight parents, largely due to the nurturing offered and sacrifices made by the gay families who took them in.

In addition, when we talk about gay adoption, most often we are referring to situations where the child in question is the biological child of gay person and that persons partner wishes to adopt as a second parent. The benefits of having two legal parents are clear. There are an estimated 2 million children in the care of gay people. That will not change by banning adoption. It will only put those children at a disadvantage, socially, financially and legally.

In conclusion, opposition to gay adoption is just ignorant and hateful equine excrement. To say that you care about the children while opposing adoption by gays is hypocrisy at it’s very worst.

The queers claimed the wanted to legalize gay marriage so they could participate in a committed relationship. The truth is they only wanted the government benefits and a veneer of respectability that their relationships don't merit.

The dirty little secret about gay marriage: Most gay couples are not monogamous. We have come to accept lately, partly thanks to Liza Mundy’s excellent recent cover story in the Atlantic and partly because we desperately need something to make the drooping institution of heterosexual marriage seem vibrant again, that gay marriage has something to teach us, that gay couples provide a model for marriages that are more egalitarian and less burdened by the old gender roles that are weighing marriage down these days.

But the thorny part of the gay marriage experiment is sex, and more precisely, monogamous sex. Mundy writes about an old study from the '80s that found that gay couples were extremely likely to have had sex outside their relationship—82 percent did. That was before AIDS and the great matrimony craze in the gay community. She also tells the story of Dan Savage, who started out wanting to be monogamous until he and his partner had kids, and then they loosened up on that in order to make their union last. “Monogamish” is what he calls his new model. But as Mundy asks, can anyone out there imagine a husband proposing that same deal to his pregnant wife?

A long Gawker story last week explored this problem in greater detail. In the fight for marriage equality, the gay rights movement has put forth couples that look like straight ones, together forever, loyal, sharing assets. But what no one wants to talk about is that they don’t necessarily represent the norm:

"The Gay Couples Study out of San Francisco State University—which, in following over 500 gay couples over many years is the largest on-going study of its kind—has found that about half of all couples have sex with someone other than their partner, with their partner knowing."
How do you explain this?

Google

I'm willing to be that the percentage of the straight population that goes to swingers clubs is a whole lot higher than the percentage of gays ho o to gay bars. I'll also bet that there are a whole lot more swingers clubs than there are gay bars. And I'll tell you another thing that I know as someone who has been to numerous swingers clubs in at least 4 states.... all of those people are heterosexuals!
The average woman has about 3 sexual partners in her lifetime. The average man maybe 9. The average homosexual man will have hundreds, possibly thousands.

Care to provide a source for those statistics or do you just expect us to take your word? That would be an appeal to ignorance-a form of logical fallacy. By the way, I'm a straight guy who has been with hundreds of women, and I know many others like me.
Try reading the OP.
LOL! What a sap.

How do you explain this?

Google

Try reading the OP.
LOL! What a sap.

I did...and then went to the link in the article the OP posted and just as I suspected...it was the dudes doing it. Guys are much more likely to cheat in straight relationships too. Huh...how weird. It's like it's doubled when it's double the guys. :lol:

Relationship Characteristics and Motivations behind Agreements among Gay Male Couples: Differences by Agreement Type and Couple Serostatus

How do you explain this?

Google

Try reading the OP.
LOL! What a sap.

First of all, the OP sites a study from the 80's when gays were still ostracized and marginalized and forced to live in the shadows. It is long before marriage was possible. Ya think all that that might have had an impact on the stability of relationships, big guy?

Second of all, it's not really a study but more of a survey and does not control for possible intervening variables such as age, geographical location ( gay friendly or hostile) and other factors that may impact relationships

Third and most importantly, as I have demonstrated, the issue is far more complex and just to look at "monogamy" out of context and without considering other aspects of relationships makes no sense and certainly has no bearing on the issue of same sex marriage. However, that is getting too deep for your anti intellectual -dumb it down approach to the subject , Dhaaaaa What a sap

Oh and that confederate battle flag that your displaying is offensive and illegal now. LOL

Monogamy is objectively flawed. Want adultery, tell people they can't ever have sex with anyone else. If it's an option, it's infinitely easier to resist. When you forbid something though you only make it more attractive.

Yanno...............I'm a straight male, and not only have I had sex with quite a few women (I quit counting when I hit over 200), but I have also been to swingers clubs, as well as have participated in swapping.

No..................sexual orientation has nothing to do with how strong your sex drive is.

Read post 212 and learn. So what if they are not exactly the same? What do you conclude from that? Heterosexual couples from different cultural or religious traditions are not the same either. Is there some "sameness test" to determine which relationships are valid and worthy of recognition?
LOL Whay a dodge. In fact gay coupes are not just like hetetosexual couples except gay. Gay couples are not monogamous and engage in extra marital affairs, making a mockery of marriage.

Gay couples that don't have sex with other people are monogamous
Straight couples that don't have sex with other people are monogamous.

Those who do- aren't.

How do you explain this?

Google

I'll bet not. I'll bet most of the ones who do go are liberal turds like you.

You need to get out more. Many of them are right wing ass holes that we would tolerate because they fuck real good. That's the best thing that I can say for them.
You're coming off as a sleazy asshole.

Hilariously ironic.

You need to get out more. Many of them are right wing ass holes that we would tolerate because they fuck real good. That's the best thing that I can say for them.

Hilariously ironic.

Really? What have I posted that makes me appear to be sleazy?

Hilariously ironic.

Maybe you should occasionally read some of your posts.

Hilariously ironic.

How about this...

Offensive, and stupid!

Hilariously ironic.

Feel free to quote one.

Hilariously ironic.

How about this...

Offensive, and stupid!

What's sleazy about that? Posting the truth isn't sleazy.

Hilariously ironic.

Feel free to quote one.
How about every time you use the word faggot?

Forum List

Back