The Disgraceful Universities

And Bob Jones University, one of Americas most conservative colleges, banned interracial dating all the way up to the 2000's. And Liberty University, a large ultra-conservative school, bans holding hands, televisions in rooms of all non-senior students, and drinking....anywhere, not just on campus, but anywhere in the world, by it's students.

See? There are crazy assholes everywhere.

This was my go to thought here too. The private Universities all have their share of lunacy on some level. I recall a job opening not long back for a mathematics position that required faculty to sign a morality clause preventing alcohol use and dancing. Bleh.

I think if you want to have a conversation, you're better off looking into the public universities. Private Universities are pretty much justified in their actions by the fact parents choose to send their kids there at the elevated cost usually justified. Hard to argue with consumer choice.

The military strategist Carl von Clausewitz wrote that the most effective way to defeat an enemy is to strike at his “center of gravity, the main source of his strength. ...

1. ...

2. ...

10. ...

What can they produce but Janissaries of the Left.

(My bold)

Nah, Janissaries were elite military Turkish (!) units. The whole argument here is that Bowdoin has decayed from the proud traditions of Col. Joshua L. Chamberlain, whose unit defended Little Round Top @ Gettysburg - ironic, since he returned to Bowdoin after the war. Nope, the usage is tonedeaf. Maybe Sycophants or some other disparaging word, but spare us metaphors that clang like cheap tin.

Ann Coulter must have used it.

You do realize that going to college is a voluntary activity, do you not? You must also the realize that which college you attend is equally as voluntary. Okay, end of thread...

Do you realize....

...oops....I forgot I was dealing with one with the IQ of a stump.

But, since I began....do you not realize that education is a defense industry....and once morons are convinced that the United States is evil.....they will not defend it.

Liberals either hate this nation, or are dupes who go along to get along.

This is what history will reveal: the American experiment was ended, not by an enemy from without.....but by a fifth column within.

No. I didn't realize education was a "defense industry." Would you "defend" this notion? Even were I to grant this, what relevance does this have to what a single private college chooses to teach, and why are you not picking on the myriad Christian universities? Oh that's right... Because you are biased towards Christian universities since you are one, even though these universities do exactly what Bowdoin is supposedly doing, except its an ideology you don't like. I get it now. You aren't interested in truth or integrity.

"No. I didn't realize education was a "defense industry."

Time and space restrictions prevent listing all of the things that you 'didn't realize' ...it would require a book length post.

I know several science teachers who were give deferments during Vietnam, as the teaching of science was considered as I stated, a defense industry.

The military strategist Carl von Clausewitz wrote that the most effective way to defeat an enemy is to strike at his “center of gravity, the main source of his strength. ...

1. ...

2. ...

10. ...

(My bold)

Nah, Janissaries were elite military Turkish (!) units. The whole argument here is that Bowdoin has decayed from the proud traditions of Col. Joshua L. Chamberlain, whose unit defended Little Round Top @ Gettysburg - ironic, since he returned to Bowdoin after the war. Nope, the usage is tonedeaf. Maybe Sycophants or some other disparaging word, but spare us metaphors that clang like cheap tin.

From 1380s to 1648, the Janissaries were gathered through the devşirme system. This was the recruiting of non-Turkish children, notably Balkan Christians; Jews were never subject to devşirme, nor were children from Turkic families. In early days, all Christians were enrolled indiscriminately; later, those of Albanian, northern Greek, and Serb origin were preferred.
Encyclopædia Britannica. Eleventh Edition

1. ...

2. ...

10. ...

(My bold)

Imagine, if you actually picked up a book....

From 1380s to 1648, the Janissaries were gathered through the devşirme system. This was the recruiting of non-Turkish children, notably Balkan Christians; Jews were never subject to devşirme, nor were children from Turkic families. In early days, all Christians were enrolled indiscriminately; later, those of Albanian, northern Greek, and Serb origin were preferred.

And Bob Jones University, one of Americas most conservative colleges, banned interracial dating all the way up to the 2000's. And Liberty University, a large ultra-conservative school, bans holding hands, televisions in rooms of all non-senior students, and drinking....anywhere, not just on campus, but anywhere in the world, by it's students.

This was my go to thought here too. The private Universities all have their share of lunacy on some level. I recall a job opening not long back for a mathematics position that required faculty to sign a morality clause preventing alcohol use and dancing. Bleh.

I think if you want to have a conversation, you're better off looking into the public universities. Private Universities are pretty much justified in their actions by the fact parents choose to send their kids there at the elevated cost usually justified. Hard to argue with consumer choice.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/288307-education-according-to-the-left.html

Here you are again and making a complete fool of yourself.
It is difficult for someone of your caliber to actually grasp the concept of gathering information and then, making a completely sane and informed decision.
One day it may happen for you if you get rid of your vile anger and hatred of those who can function in this manner.

Now now, don't get your self all worked up, stop and think. Novel Idea isn't it, something so new for you to think.
You again proved my point.
Wow! Ignorance, Ignorance and more Ignorance.

Here ya' go, dim-wit:

"Hate-America Sociology."

De Russy's colleague sent her a copy of a student's exam from an introductory sociology class found lying in a room at an East Coast public college. The professor had given it a perfect score of 100. Here are some of the questions asked and the student's written response:

"Question: How does the United States 'steal' the resources of other (third world) countries?" "Answer: We steal through exploitation. Our multinationals are aware that indigenous people in developing nations have been coaxed off their plots and forced into slums. Because it is lucrative, our multinationals offer them extremely low wage labor that cannot be turned down."

"Question: Why is the U.S. on shaky moral ground when it comes to preventing illegal immigration?" "Answer: Some say that it is wrong of the United States to prevent illegal immigration because the same people we are denying entry to, we have exploited for the purpose of keeping the American wheel spinning. …" "Question: What is the interactionist approach to gender? "Answer: The majority of multigender encounters are male-dominated. (F)or example, while involved in conversation, the male is much more likely to interrupt. Most likely because the male believes the female's expressed thoughts are inferior to his own.

"Question: Please briefly explain the matrix of domination." "Answer: The belief that domination has more than one dimension. For example, Males are dominant over females, whites over blacks, and affluent over impoverished."

Teaching students hate-America indoctrination is widespread, as I've documented in the past. A few years ago, according to UCLA's Bruin Standard, Mary Corey, UCLA history professor, instructed her class, "Capitalism isn't a lie on purpose. It's just a lie." She continued, "(Capitalists) are swine. … They're bastard people."

Rod Swanson, a UCLA economics professor, told his class, "The United States of America, backed by facts, is the greediest and most selfish country in the world."

Professor Andrew Hewitt, chairman of UCLA's Department of Germanic Languages, told his class, "Bush is a moron, a simpleton and an idiot." The professor's opinion of the rest of us: "American consumerism is a very unique thing; I don't think anyone else lusts after money in such a greedy fashion."

An English professor at Montclair State University in New Jersey tells his students, "Conservatism champions racism, exploitation and imperialist war."

Most tragically, parents who cough up thousands in tuition to send their youngsters off to be educated, rather than indoctrinated, are unaware of the academic rot as well.

College and Progressive Professors brainwash our children !! Academic Rot ?

You live in America?
Which one....the one these weasels are 'teaching' their captive audience about?

This is the way universities turn out morons like you.

Now...don't forget to tell the kids: "If you go to college to learn and you cannot stop and separate the knowledge you are there to take in; not only from professors but on your own, you are ignorant."

Does that neon light flashing IDIOT over your head keep you awake at night?

Here you are again and making a complete fool of yourself.
It is difficult for someone of your caliber to actually grasp the concept of gathering information and then, making a completely sane and informed decision.
One day it may happen for you if you get rid of your vile anger and hatred of those who can function in this manner.

Now now, don't get your self all worked up, stop and think. Novel Idea isn't it, something so new for you to think.
You again proved my point.
Wow! Ignorance, Ignorance and more Ignorance.

Does that neon light flashing IDIOT over your head keep you awake at night?

I got your characterizations....and chalk them to my revealing what a dunce you are....

...but you haven't commented on the post you're ostensibly commenting on....

...is that because you're an idiot?

(My bold)

(My bold)

Their original organization, I grant. They were established 14th C as you noted, but not abolished until 1826 C.E. Too current. & you seem to be arguing that it was a kind of draft of non-Islamic intake. But that doesn't square with the units being elite.

There's a nice article in Wikipedia, under Janissaries. The originals may have been slaves & POWs, but evolved into the Christian intake (& forced conversions, removal from parents, fostering with Islamic parents to learn the language & religion). But as Janissaries became part of the dominant social order, Christian intake was halted - during the 17th C. After that, Islamic volunteers were the rule.

handjob.gif

Yeah....all-of-a-sudden, you "conservatives" are concerned about education....usually when the subject is cutting funding....as if we don't already have enough bimbos.

(My bold)

Their original organization, I grant. They were established 14th C as you noted, but not abolished until 1826 C.E. Too current. & you seem to be arguing that it was a kind of draft of non-Islamic intake. But that doesn't square with the units being elite.

There's a nice article in Wikipedia, under Janissaries. The originals may have been slaves & POWs, but evolved into the Christian intake (& forced conversions, removal from parents, fostering with Islamic parents to learn the language & religion). But as Janissaries became part of the dominant social order, Christian intake was halted - during the 17th C. After that, Islamic volunteers were the rule.

My use of 'Janissaries' for Liberals was based on their characteristic of strictly following orders....good soldiers......more like iron filings in a magnetic field than intelligent human beings.

handjob.gif

Yeah....all-of-a-sudden, you "conservatives" are concerned about education....usually when the subject is cutting funding....as if we don't already have enough bimbos.

The topic, I fear, is far too nuanced for you, crayon-boy.

Money is hardly the answer in education:

"D.C. Public Schools Spend Almost $30,000 Per Student
But spending $30,000 to cover the cost of a child’s education in a district that has one of the lowest graduation rates in the nation and produces some of the country’s lowest achievement scores? Seems a bit steep. But this is the hefty per-pupil bill taxpayers are made to foot for D.C. public schools every year."
D.C. Public Schools Spend Almost $30,000 Per Student | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News Blog from The Heritage Foundation

Stick to crayolas.

7. Bowdoin has "no curricular requirements that center on the American founding or the history of the nation." There is no requirement for history majors to take even one course in American history. There is no class available in the history department about American political, military, diplomatic, or intellectual history. There are, however, classes in that department revolving around race, class, gender, and sexuality.

Bowdoin lists 55 American history courses. If you want to prove that none of them deal with politics, the military, diplomacy, or intellectualism, feel free.

Otherwise, stop lying.

Er..you're the one lying, as she never said that in the first place.

So..stop lying.

(My bold)

My use of 'Janissaries' for Liberals was based on their characteristic of strictly following orders....good soldiers......more like iron filings in a magnetic field than intelligent human beings.

(My bold)

Then you need to reread your cite or mine. The Janissaries were excellent soldiers, high espirit de corps, v. loyal to their formations, highly trained, armed with firearms, good discipline, uniforms, marched to music, full-time soldiers, & paid during peace & war (prototypes for modern citizen armies). But they were also sources for high officials - viziers, etc. - administrators, governors & so on. In time, it was no longer necessary to "draft" non-Muslims - Muslim parents (& Christian & others) volunteered their boys, for the fairly comfortable life, opportunities for education, training, social advancement. Such men are not mere ciphers in the machinery of war.

& I'm surprised, you don't approve of the military? I assumed that you were all for homeland defense, justified military spending, training & so on.

(My bold)

(My bold)

Then you need to reread your cite or mine. The Janissaries were excellent soldiers, high espirit de corps, v. loyal to their formations, highly trained, armed with firearms, good discipline, uniforms, marched to music, full-time soldiers, & paid during peace & war (prototypes for modern citizen armies). But they were also sources for high officials - viziers, etc. - administrators, governors & so on. In time, it was no longer necessary to "draft" non-Muslims - Muslim parents (& Christian & others) volunteered their boys, for the fairly comfortable life, opportunities for education, training, social advancement. Such men are not mere ciphers in the machinery of war.

& I'm surprised, you don't approve of the military? I assumed that you were all for homeland defense, justified military spending, training & so on.

The reference was for one characteristic of the Janissaries.....as stated....the reference didn't go quite as far as height and weight.

Neocon nepotism. How nice...

Douglas Feith's Son Among 'WSJ' Opinion Fellows

In the hyper-inbred world of conservative opinion journalism, having a famous father never hurts -- even if your dad is an alleged torture enabler who may soon face arrest overseas.

The Wall Street Journal just handed out its 2009 Robert L. Bartley Fellowships, awarded to those college students who best exemplify the ideals of the Journal's longtime editorial-page editor, who died in 2003. For the second year in a row, the group includes David Feith, son of former undersecretary of defense Douglas Feith.

Feith père is one of six Bush Administration officials being investigated by a Spanish court for possible violations of international law.

That is only the tip of the abortion myth iceberg...

The Religious Right...how can people that have no regard for the crawling the walking have such a passion for the unborn?

Easy...they DON'T...they're a bunch of racists that USED Roe v. Wade as a political wedge issue...

Book Excerpt: 'Thy Kingdom Come'

by Randall Balmer

In the 1980s, in order to solidify their shift from divorce to abortion, the Religious Right constructed an abortion myth, one accepted by most Americans as true. Simply put, the abortion myth is this: Leaders of the Religious Right would have us believe that their movement began in direct response to the U.S. Supreme Court's 1973 Roe v. Wade decision.
---
In the course of one of the sessions, Weyrich tried to make a point to his Religious Right brethren (no women attended the conference, as I recall). Let's remember, he said animatedly, that the Religious Right did not come together in response to the Roe decision. No, Weyrich insisted, what got us going as a political movement was the attempt on the part of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to rescind the tax-exempt status of Bob Jones University because of its racially discriminatory policies.

Evangelical: Religious Right Has Distorted the Faith : NPR

bookcov200.jpg

Neocon nepotism. How nice...

Douglas Feith's Son Among 'WSJ' Opinion Fellows

In the hyper-inbred world of conservative opinion journalism, having a famous father never hurts -- even if your dad is an alleged torture enabler who may soon face arrest overseas.

The Wall Street Journal just handed out its 2009 Robert L. Bartley Fellowships, awarded to those college students who best exemplify the ideals of the Journal's longtime editorial-page editor, who died in 2003. For the second year in a row, the group includes David Feith, son of former undersecretary of defense Douglas Feith.

Feith père is one of six Bush Administration officials being investigated by a Spanish court for possible violations of international law.

Little known fact: Hillary Clinton got a leg up by being married to what's-his-name.....

True story.

Forum List

Back