The dreaded gay-wedding-cake saga ends: bakers must pay 135 K

They should have baked the cake and spelled the dyke's names wrong.

Sweet Cakes bakery must pay $135,000 to lesbian couple
Final order Sweet Cakes bakery must pay 135 000 to lesbian couple Local Regional KATU.com - Portland News Sports Traffic Weather and Breaking News - Portland Oregon

"They've been ordered to pay $135,000 to make up for the emotional damage they caused by telling this couple no."

The Kleins can appeal the ruling. They've already closed their store and now work out of their home by order only, meaning they're no longer a "public accommodation."

The absurd way this order describes the emotional damage done to this couple.

Once again a demonstration that business's have an obligation to follow the law- no special exemptions for "Christians"

Sweet Cakes bakery must pay $135,000 to lesbian couple
Final order Sweet Cakes bakery must pay 135 000 to lesbian couple Local Regional KATU.com - Portland News Sports Traffic Weather and Breaking News - Portland Oregon

"They've been ordered to pay $135,000 to make up for the emotional damage they caused by telling this couple no."

The Kleins can appeal the ruling. They've already closed their store and now work out of their home by order only, meaning they're no longer a "public accommodation."

The absurd way this order describes the emotional damage done to this couple.

They broke the laws of their state.

I find it amusing that the same wingnuts who want to send people of color to prison for the rest of their lives for stealing slices of pizza or tube socks are horrified that the law is being used to punish bigots when they break it.
An idiot speaks. I find it amazing you anti American commies can even think.

If you can't bring yourself to do it, then don't get into this type of business. Do something else. Simple. We don't tolerate discrimination anymore. This is 2015, and we aren't ignoramuses.

if you can't bring yourself to tolerate other religions.... don't come to this country. Go somewhere else. We don't discrimination against Christians anymore. This is 2015, and we aren't atheist bigots.

If you can't bring yourself to do it, then don't get into this type of business. Do something else. Simple. We don't tolerate discrimination anymore. This is 2015, and we aren't ignoramuses.

if you can't bring yourself to tolerate other religions.... don't come to this country. Go somewhere else. We don't discrimination against Christians anymore. This is 2015, and we aren't atheist bigots.

Nobody is discriminating against you. You are the one doing the discriminating.

A $135,000 fine was over kill and then to put gag order on the bakers? Total bullshit. People are getting weary of this crap and trust me the blow back isn't going to be pretty

A $135,000 fine was over kill and then to put gag order on the bakers? Total bullshit. People are getting weary of this crap and trust me the blow back isn't going to be pretty

What about the Christian woman who got $350,000?

I have no idea who you are talking about

Just as they are wrong to discriminate against you because of your religious beliefs, you are wrong to discriminate against them. It's quite simple really. If an atheist cannot bring him or herself to bake a cake for a Christian or a Christian cannot bring him or herself to bake a cake for an atheist or a gay person, both are being discriminatory, and that is not going to fly anymore.

Funny how that changes depending on perspective.

Have I tried to dictate how a gay couple operate their business? Now who is telling who, how they must operate?

Just as they are wrong to discriminate against you because of your religious beliefs, you are wrong to discriminate against them. It's quite simple really. If an atheist cannot bring him or herself to bake a cake for a Christian or a Christian cannot bring him or herself to bake a cake for an atheist or a gay person, both are being discriminatory, and that is not going to fly anymore.

Well, too bad. Because we're not going away, and we are not bowing to your dictation on our lives. So, you gotta decide what you will do. Kill us? Fine us? Take away our lives, and our property? What will it be?

Because we are simply not going to cater to SSM. Sorry. It's just not going to happen.... Period. So do whatever you want, it's not changing us.

Refusing a certain group of American citizens service because of your superstitious beliefs is not going to cut it. That is why the bakers lost the lawsuit. It is not any different than refusing a black person service or any other "group" of Americans.

Jude 1 of the New Testament in the Bible is not regarded by Christians as "superstitious beliefs". In Ancient Greece (some believe was Sodom) the situation progressed from a few homosexuals placed in power to a whole culture based around homosexuals and their lowest common denominator: the penchant for very young boys as sex partners that they always seem to gravitate towards. It got to where women were offering up their six year old boys to old men to sodomize as pretty much of common fare, just a yawn..

That's reality. That really happened. And the Bible warns against it. Reasons are here: Attention Episcopalians Christian Sects of All Denominations Worldwide. Pay Heed. US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum The punishment promised to Christians for failing to heed Jude 1 is eternal soul-death. So with the stakes as high as that, Christians have no choice. They must abide by what the history books and what the New Testament has warned them about.

:cuckoo: I think you need a vacation.

More to the essence of the true meaning of your reply, I think you needed a diversion from the points I raised.

I'm sorry, but I think you are batshit crazy when it comes to homosexuals. Sorry, but like it or not, they work, pay taxes, contribute to our economy and are American citizens. This is no different than discrimination for any other reasons. If you can't handle serving the "public," then don't go into that business.

Oh, are you talking about the colored lights still? I'm really not sure what you are referring to anymore. You seem to have so MANY issues.

and you only have one-----------------supporting a government mandate declaring that homosexuality is a normal human condition, but its not and never will be.

gays have a mental unbalance but they should not be discriminated against in any way because of it. Gays should have the right to legally commit to each other and have the same rights and benefits as a man/woman married couple. But a gay union is NOT a marriage, it is a legal union of two same sex people.

Someone posted a link to that story, either on this thread or another.

I don't know and w/o knowing the details I can't form an opinion

Well, too bad. Because we're not going away, and we are not bowing to your dictation on our lives. So, you gotta decide what you will do. Kill us? Fine us? Take away our lives, and our property? What will it be?

Because we are simply not going to cater to SSM. Sorry. It's just not going to happen.... Period. So do whatever you want, it's not changing us.

Nobody wants you to go away or kill you, you nut. Just don't break our secular laws and don't discriminate. If you feel you have to discriminate, then don't go into business for the public.

I don't know and w/o knowing the details I can't form an opinion

Well, I'm just about getting ready to log off now because I have plans, so I don't have time to look for it. Maybe later, or maybe someone else will find it for you. :bye1: Anyway, the gist of it was that a Christian woman sued for discrimination and won $350,000.

Forum List

Back