The earth was just almost destroyed by an asteroid and

Make me

Knucklehead

Why bother, you're too stupid to understand it seems. Yes, you have descended in my mind to where it is ok to insult you. It seems to be all you are capable of.
Brilliant coming from the doofus who paid to use a free web page.

Continue on Spiderman

Actually, I get it for free so carry on yourself, little troll.

Actually you paid to be a jock support.

Thanks

Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Yeah, like I said, i get it for FREE, thanks for proving you are both a troll, and a moron.

Well I don't get anything for free, but this is a free webpage. That said jock strap supporting members paid 25 bucks

An ocean impact will be more likely with an asteroid. Can you imagine the tidal waves from a large asteroid splashdown?

Actually, it would be probably less than you imagine. Throw rock into a pond and look at the height of the ripples it creates. Generally, they are not any tall that the size of the rock, so you would see a 100-yard (300 feet) that would dissipate rapidly away from the impact because it goes in all directions. Earthquakes cause huge tsunamis because they are directional.

The asteroid would actually be much smaller than a football field if it ever reached the surface. In fact, it would more likely explode above the surface of an ocean somewhere, resulting in an even smaller tidal wave.

Depends on the kind of rock that hits us. At the orbital velocities involved even a small rock impacting the ocean would make a huge splash. Your pebble analogy doesn't work because the velocity is far too small.

Mass is required to create the ripple. You are incorrect, sir!

I would be more concerned if it was going to hit a region with lots of active volcanic activity, like large sections of the Pacific Rim.

It wouldn't make a bit of difference to be honest. The worst place a big asteroid can hit is the ocean. The resultant clouds from the vaporization of the water would plunge the planet into a winter that would last for years, if not a couple of decades. The only place life would survive is along the equator.

Maybe so, but a single big volcano will, and has in the past, do close to the same thing by itself re producing massive atmospheric changes, and if an asteroid crash set off two, three or four big ones around the Pac Rim while also doing the water vaporization, I doubt most people will survive it.

Why do you think the impact of an asteroid would set off volcanoes? Volcanoes erupt for specific reasons. Some are violent explosions like Mt. St. Helens, while others are like Kilauea and the lava mostly just oozes out from the ground into the sea.

I would be more concerned if it was going to hit a region with lots of active volcanic activity, like large sections of the Pacific Rim.

It wouldn't make a bit of difference to be honest. The worst place a big asteroid can hit is the ocean. The resultant clouds from the vaporization of the water would plunge the planet into a winter that would last for years, if not a couple of decades. The only place life would survive is along the equator.

Maybe so, but a single big volcano will, and has in the past, do close to the same thing by itself re producing massive atmospheric changes, and if an asteroid crash set off two, three or four big ones around the Pac Rim while also doing the water vaporization, I doubt most people will survive it.

Why do you think the impact of an asteroid would set off volcanoes? Volcanoes erupt for specific reasons. Some are violent explosions like Mt. St. Helens, while others are like Kilauea and the lava mostly just oozes out from the ground into the sea.

Depends on where it hits; if it hits a major fault line with a string of large volcanos it most certainly would have far more of an effect than merely plopping into the ocean. tsunamis, split fault lines, with massive earthquakes and eruptions along lines running thousands of miles.

Depends on where it hits; if it hits a major fault line with a string of large volcanos it most certainly would have far more of an effect than merely plopping into the ocean. tsunamis, split fault lines, with massive earthquakes and eruptions along lines running thousands of miles.

You need to study plate tectonics. Those are caused by stress between continents not flea bite from asteroids.

Lol....this thread is still going?:ack-1:

We have a couple of people in need of taking in a good sci-fi re-run.:hello77:

Here ya go Frannie......

All goes to prove that GOD exists.

No, just go's to show that Mother Nature can be a stone cold bitch if you don't pay attention to her.
HELLO! "Mother Nature" is a name given to a non-thinking, non-seeing, non-hearing, non-living material thing.

Why bother, you're too stupid to understand it seems. Yes, you have descended in my mind to where it is ok to insult you. It seems to be all you are capable of.

Continue on Spiderman

Thanks

Yeah, like I said, i get it for FREE, thanks for proving you are both a troll, and a moron.

Well I don't get anything for free, but this is a free webpage. That said jock strap supporting members paid 25 bucks

Yes, which I don't have to pay because I am better than you.

Stop insulting people as your basic go to retort. It doesn't help you and in fact makes you look juvenile.
Make me

Knucklehead

At the very least, she could try to be funny about it.

An ocean impact will be more likely with an asteroid. Can you imagine the tidal waves from a large asteroid splashdown?

Actually, it would be probably less than you imagine. Throw rock into a pond and look at the height of the ripples it creates. Generally, they are not any tall that the size of the rock, so you would see a 100-yard (300 feet) that would dissipate rapidly away from the impact because it goes in all directions. Earthquakes cause huge tsunamis because they are directional.

The asteroid would actually be much smaller than a football field if it ever reached the surface. In fact, it would more likely explode above the surface of an ocean somewhere, resulting in an even smaller tidal wave.

Depends on the kind of rock that hits us. At the orbital velocities involved even a small rock impacting the ocean would make a huge splash. Your pebble analogy doesn't work because the velocity is far too small.

Mass is required to create the ripple. You are incorrect, sir!

Ummm, yeah, but I am sure you have the formula for kinetic energy memorized. What do you do with that velocity component again?

Continue on Spiderman

Thanks

I paid for all my apples...………………

121417-aapl-stock.png

Enjoy Charlie

Better lol

Thanks

121417-aapl-stock.png

Enjoy Charlie

Better lol

Oh goody, I was an Angel investor in Apple. Look up what that means sweetcheeks.

Thanks

121417-aapl-stock.png

Enjoy Charlie

Better lol

Oh goody, I was an Angel investor in Apple. Look up what that means sweetcheeks.

LOL and you can't afford the 25 bucks.

Yup, we know Forest

121417-aapl-stock.png

Enjoy Charlie

Better lol

LOL and you can't afford the 25 bucks.

Yup, we know Forest

Yeah, no cupcake, i can buy you three times over, but why would i want to? I get better quality shit from a bull, than you.

Forum List

Back