The earth was just almost destroyed by an asteroid and

Honey my parents died and so shall I and so shall my children after inheriting the earth. You are already dead however as you have stopped loving and caring for the future

Not even close to the truth. You seem to see things only in extremes: either you do this EXTREME thing or you "don't care". Not true. I think living on the moon (!) or on Mars (!) or on a space station is a really desperate move to avoid an asteroid. You know you would spend the rest of your human life span there; the earth would not be healed in time for you to return. I see no point in that. That's reasonable and rational, not ignoring the future or whatever.

People who have to make extreme points usually have losing points.
If you can't then stay out of the way of those who will. NASA is planning the Mars base now, you would know if you werent already dead
Yeah a Mars base that can support a handful of humans. Good luck with that.
More then Adam and eve then....

Stomp up and down all you want, we are going to the moon and Mars both

I ain't going.
Me either, but there are already millions of volunteers

Would have destroyed a major city, not the Earth, but there is certainly more than one rock out there that is capable of ending civilization and these assholes would rather fiddle and waste money on the global warming fraud, than actually figure out how to prevent an asteroid strike.
A big one resets mankind back to the Stone Age. Maybe they would like that.
No it sends the earth back to a bacterial stage

Not necessarily, the asteroid that precipitated the end of the dinosaurs killed 90% of life on the planet. There were still large critters that survived.
The point is that we orbit our sun once a year, but our sun orbits the galactic core once every 250 or so million years. Parts of our galaxy are empty and other parts crowded. No telling if the next asteroid is planet sized..... we need off, the eggs should not be in the same basket

So we spend years and gazillion bucks to move to mars.

And the next asteroid misses earth and hits mars.

It's like the grocery store line to the cashier. The one you pick to stand in seems like just the one till you notice the other lines are moving much faster.

Would have destroyed a major city, not the Earth, but there is certainly more than one rock out there that is capable of ending civilization and these assholes would rather fiddle and waste money on the global warming fraud, than actually figure out how to prevent an asteroid strike.

Not necessarily, the asteroid that precipitated the end of the dinosaurs killed 90% of life on the planet. There were still large critters that survived.
The point is that we orbit our sun once a year, but our sun orbits the galactic core once every 250 or so million years. Parts of our galaxy are empty and other parts crowded. No telling if the next asteroid is planet sized..... we need off, the eggs should not be in the same basket

It's like the grocery store line to the cashier. The one you pick to stand in seems like just the one till you notice the other lines are moving much faster.
The mission is now being planned and built

An ocean impact will be more likely with an asteroid. Can you imagine the tidal waves from a large asteroid splashdown?

Actually, it would be probably less than you imagine. Throw rock into a pond and look at the height of the ripples it creates. Generally, they are not any tall that the size of the rock, so you would see a 100-yard (300 feet) that would dissipate rapidly away from the impact because it goes in all directions. Earthquakes cause huge tsunamis because they are directional.

The asteroid would actually be much smaller than a football field if it ever reached the surface. In fact, it would more likely explode above the surface of an ocean somewhere, resulting in an even smaller tidal wave.

Depends on the kind of rock that hits us. At the orbital velocities involved even a small rock impacting the ocean would make a huge splash. Your pebble analogy doesn't work because the velocity is far too small.

An ocean impact will be more likely with an asteroid. Can you imagine the tidal waves from a large asteroid splashdown?

Actually, it would be probably less than you imagine. Throw rock into a pond and look at the height of the ripples it creates. Generally, they are not any tall that the size of the rock, so you would see a 100-yard (300 feet) that would dissipate rapidly away from the impact because it goes in all directions. Earthquakes cause huge tsunamis because they are directional.

The asteroid would actually be much smaller than a football field if it ever reached the surface. In fact, it would more likely explode above the surface of an ocean somewhere, resulting in an even smaller tidal wave.

Depends on the kind of rock that hits us. At the orbital velocities involved even a small rock impacting the ocean would make a huge splash. Your pebble analogy doesn't work because the velocity is far too small.
His brain is a pebble

I wonder why Trump didn't warn us.
This just proves that he's a racist and a criminal.

Link?

Not even close to the truth. You seem to see things only in extremes: either you do this EXTREME thing or you "don't care". Not true. I think living on the moon (!) or on Mars (!) or on a space station is a really desperate move to avoid an asteroid. You know you would spend the rest of your human life span there; the earth would not be healed in time for you to return. I see no point in that. That's reasonable and rational, not ignoring the future or whatever.

People who have to make extreme points usually have losing points.
If you can't then stay out of the way of those who will. NASA is planning the Mars base now, you would know if you werent already dead

I ain't going.

Got a list of these "millions of volunteers"?

I did specify a large asteroid. I know that's vague I meant something on the order of a quarter mile in diameter or larger.

I would be more concerned if it was going to hit a region with lots of active volcanic activity, like large sections of the Pacific Rim.

Dont tell these morons, but humans cant live on mars.

Link?
God you are stupid
Mars One

Astronaut Requirements - Selection and Preparation of the Astronauts - Mars One

Link?
God you are stupid
Mars One

:lmao:

I ain't going.

Got a list of these "millions of volunteers"?

One-Way Mars Trip: 1,058 Private Martian Colony Volunteers Pass 1st Cut

Next

Link?
God you are stupid
Mars One

:lmao:
One-Way Mars Trip: 1,058 Private Martian Colony Volunteers Pass 1st Cut

Try again little girl

Trillions were wasted in Iraq looking for the WMDs fraud.

The oil supply was protected......

No argument, but I am talking about a real threat to civilization, not some fraud that is more about social control and government power, which is all that the global warming fraud is about.

I would be more concerned if it was going to hit a region with lots of active volcanic activity, like large sections of the Pacific Rim.

It wouldn't make a bit of difference to be honest. The worst place a big asteroid can hit is the ocean. The resultant clouds from the vaporization of the water would plunge the planet into a winter that would last for years, if not a couple of decades. The only place life would survive is along the equator.

Forum List

Back